The Student Room Group

If I put someone in the "ignore list" on TSR would they be able to see my posts?

I don't want someone I know seeing what I post in case they're able to identify me by specific details. They use TSR too.
Yes they can still see your posts.
Reply 2
Alright, thanks.
Hi, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums. Have a great day!
Yes, I say that the ignore feature is rubbish on this website for several reasons.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yes, I say that the ignore feature is rubbish on this website for several reasons.

For this one though?

I don't think you should be able to post in public but then expect that what other specific users see is forcefully censored, that's kinda dystopian/Black mirrory. Having TSR hide certain users posts/messages from you is one thing but editing another users access to public posts is another IMO Especially if we aren't in a situation where any forum rules are broken and it's a straight user request.

Considering how easy it is to sign up for a new account anyway I think the OP would need to reconsider what identifying info they were posting in public if it was a concern rather than expect to obstruct other users access.
Original post by StriderHort

For this one though?

I don't think you should be able to post in public but then expect that what other specific users see is forcefully censored, that's kinda dystopian/Black mirrory. Having TSR hide certain users posts/messages from you is one thing but editing another users access to public posts is another IMO Especially if we aren't in a situation where any forum rules are broken and it's a straight user request.

Considering how easy it is to sign up for a new account anyway I think the OP would need to reconsider what identifying info they were posting in public if it was a concern rather than expect to obstruct other users access.

Oh no, I have different reasons as to why the ignore system is rubbish, users you block still being able to see your posts isn’t one of those reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending