The Student Room Group

inserting images on a thread

i've been wanting to post pictures on my gyg thread (like to-do lists and other revision stuff) but i'm not quite sure how to :frown: whenever i press the insert image button, it only allows me to insert images using a url from the internet, is there any way i can insert my own images into my thread?
another question, can you change the colour of your text? before, i'm pretty sure there was an advanced button for colour changes and font size, etc. but i'm not sure if that's only for when you first post your thread or not.
could someone help me pleasee 🙏

Scroll to see replies

I think both those image and text options have been removed in the new site update, not sure if the are going to be re added down the line.
Reply 2
As well as changing this site to something that is no longer user friendly they also broke a few things, uploading your own images being one of them.
Reply 3
aww that's quite unfortunate :frown:
i'm hoping they can add it again soon
Reply 4
Original post by milktee
i've been wanting to post pictures on my gyg thread (like to-do lists and other revision stuff) but i'm not quite sure how to :frown: whenever i press the insert image button, it only allows me to insert images using a url from the internet, is there any way i can insert my own images into my thread?
another question, can you change the colour of your text? before, i'm pretty sure there was an advanced button for colour changes and font size, etc. but i'm not sure if that's only for when you first post your thread or not.

@Pwca hii there, i'm aware that you're part of the tsr staff, and i just wanted to let you know of this problem, and wanted to ask if you're planning on adding these functions back anytime soon? thank you!!
Original post by milktee
@Pwca hii there, i'm aware that you're part of the tsr staff, and i just wanted to let you know of this problem, and wanted to ask if you're planning on adding these functions back anytime soon? thank you!!

The team handling it are well aware of it, there's a (huge) running thread of updates and changes Feedback Thread
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
The team handling it are well aware of it, there's a (huge) running thread of updates and changes Feedback Thread

ohh i wasn't aware of that, thank you for letting me know!!
Original post by milktee

I'd expected image upload to be added soon, I'll pop an update in this thread for you once we've added the functionality :smile:
Original post by milktee

It has been removed for now and you must therefore use a 3rd party website to upload images
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by RainbowLapras
I'd expected image upload to be added soon, I'll pop an update in this thread for you once we've added the functionality :smile:

thank you so muchh!!
Reply 10
Original post by Talkative Toad
It has been removed for now and you must therefore use a 3rd party website to upload images

alrightt, thank you!!
Original post by milktee
alrightt, thank you!!

There’s websites like Imgur to host images then I don’t know about other sites.
Original post by milktee
thank you so muchh!!

This option should be available now! Please let me know if you have any issues :biggrin:
Reply 13
sky.PNG

omg it workssss
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by rainbowlapras
this option should be available now! Please let me know if you have any issues :d

thank you so muchhhh 🙏🤍

also, just another thing i wanted to mention, for some reason when i type in caps and send my post it automatically changes to lowercase? for example, just now i sent the msg in caps but it shows as lower caps 😭 it doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally it does
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by milktee
sky.PNG

omg it workssss

HOWWW
Reply 16
Original post by Tatakae L
HOWWW

THIS BUTTON
Original post by milktee

THIS BUTTON

OMDSSSScreenshot 2024-01-27 025041.jpg ahhhhhhhhhh