The Student Room Group

Bearings

If anyone doesnt mind doing these questions like explaining them bc i got the first few but didnt understand what i was doing 😭. im just gonna post the last one for now but if nobody minds ill send more!
Reply 1
Original post by r_4bi
If anyone doesnt mind doing these questions like explaining them bc i got the first few but didnt understand what i was doing 😭. im just gonna post the last one for now but if nobody minds ill send more!

Best to post your working. From a quick sketch, C is North and a bit West of A, so the bearing of A from C must be ~160 though thats a guestimate.
Original post by r_4bi

For the second question, try draw out your triangle first. You will notice you can make a right angle triangle with point S and C, with the S angle being 5 degrees (we know that from question: c is 680m from S). So we know the other angle in the right angle triangle is 85 degrees (at point C). We then have a straight line where we know two angles of three, one is 85 (from triangle), and the other is 60 from 360-60 (from question). Then we can use sine or cosine rule, since we know all three angles and the length of one side.

Quick Reply

Latest