The Student Room Group

Kallisto's Sunday Question: Continents

This poll is closed

Which of these continents fascinates you?

Europe 25%
Asia 8%
America (including subcontinents) 33%
Africa 0%
Australia and Oceania 17%
Arctic 0%
Antarctic17%
Total votes: 12
Penguins of course :biggrin:
Original post by penguingirl18
Penguins of course :biggrin:

Obviously. Would you even going to the antarctic to see the penguin life? Who knows how long this continent still lasts.

Kallisto what’s up man :smile: the continent that I’ve been to no surprise Asia the continent that I like the most must be America some amazing countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay can be visited a mix of Spanish and Portuguese culture. Holidays are the thoughts that come to mind when thinking of a continent. Antartica wins for me always wanted to know how cold it is and what relations does it have to something such as the snow and cold. Penguins and Polar Bears are cute it’s an indecisive choice between both.
Which continents have you been so far?
Africa and Europe

Which continent do you like the most and why?
Europe

What does come up to your mind when you think of your favourite continent?
History.

Would you like going to Artic or Antartica?
Yes. Arctic

Do you like penguins or polar bears more?

Penguins
Reply 5

Which continents have you been so far: I am living in North America, I have been to Africa (Some family in Egypt), I have Been to Europe, I have Been to Asia.

Which continent do you like the most and why: I LOVED EUROPE SOOO MUCH LIKE WTF. Sooo much history, monuments, world leaders, like I was overwhelmed!!!

What does come up to your mind when you think of your favorite continent: History. The historical architecture, the monuments, its just too 😊

Would you like going to Artic or Antartic?: Obviously Antartica, More Diversity, also Penguins!

Do you like penguins or polar bears more?: This is hard lol, but I think I'll have to go with penguins, there are so many types its crazy, and they are so cute!
Original post by Mohammed_80
Kallisto what’s up man :smile: the continent that I’ve been to no surprise Asia the continent that I like the most must be America some amazing countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay can be visited a mix of Spanish and Portuguese culture. Holidays are the thoughts that come to mind when thinking of a continent. Antartica wins for me always wanted to know how cold it is and what relations does it have to something such as the snow and cold. Penguins and Polar Bears are cute it’s an indecisive choice between both.

Asia is the continent with many different climates and vegetation. And it is the birthplace for civilization (fertile crescent in Arabia counts to it). That is why my choice is not the European, but the Asian continent.

Do you intend going to Antartic very soon?
Which continents have you been so far?
Europe

Which continent do you like the most and why?
Antarctic, calm quiet and mostly populated by seabirds & seals.

What does come up to your mind when you think of your favorite continent?
Snow petrel

Would you like going to Artic or Antartic?
Artic

Do you like penguins or polar bears more?
Polar bears, although I know that some of them can be moody and very thuggish.
Original post by Kallisto
Asia is the continent with many different climates and vegetation. And it is the birthplace for civilization (fertile crescent in Arabia counts to it). That is why my choice is not the European, but the Asian continent.

Do you intend going to Antartic very soon?

Yeah most definitely
Reply 9
Went to beautiful Melbourne Australia last Christmas and New year and it was absolutely amazing especially the weather.

Reason why I am thinking about going there to live and work as lifestyle is far better than UK....
Original post by Tracey_W
Went to beautiful Melbourne Australia last Christmas and New year and it was absolutely amazing especially the weather.

Reason why I am thinking about going there to live and work as lifestyle is far better than UK....

Why does the lifestyle in Australia is better than in UK, can you reason it?
Reply 11
Original post by Mohammed_80

Why be interested in Antarctica, it's nothing but ice, no people, civilization, nothing to do.
Original post by Amb/conf
Why be interested in Antarctica, it's nothing but ice, no people, civilization, nothing to do.

Definitely got a point :smile:
Reply 13

I've been to Europe, Asia and Africa. I find Asia the most interesting because of it's diversity throughout, i.e the differences in the society and culture of it's countries throughout, I find many continents to lack that diversity diversity North America is very white and westernized (bar Mexican culture).

When I think of Asia I think of the beautiful nature, in India particularly, and also indian people and cities. I'm very intrigued by India, it's very big and exciting and the extraordinary nature (landscape and animals) If only there was less Islamophobia 😔

Artic. Nothing to do in Antarctica

I love both, but maybe polar bears.
Reply 14
Why does the lifestyle in Australia is better than in UK, can you reason it?

More time to yourself compared to UK where you don't always get much free time due to working.
They have a better lifestyle to work ratio as you have more time to do things. Depends on what job you do they seem to have a good balance for people

Better weather all year round.
Although they are a expensive country for buying stuff they more than make it up with a far better pay.
(...)

Artic. Nothing to do in Antarctica

(...)

What can be done in the Arctic? There is also ice around and just a handful people live there, if any.
Reply 16
What can be done in the Arctic?

More than in Antarctica.
(edited 6 months ago)
More than in Antarctica.

And waht exactly can be done there? I hoped that you name some examples. :redface: It is a place full of ice for me.
Reply 18
And waht exactly can be done there? I hoped that you name some examples. :redface: It is a place full of ice for me.

Polar bear watching, whale watching, dog snow sledding, Northern Light seeing. Plenty of things to do ☺️ Glad I could be of assistance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending