The Student Room Group

is this correct relationship between velcoty, acceleration and displacement?

question:

the ans is C and i just want to make sure my idea of whats occuring makes sense: for max(terminal) Velocity on R, acceleration is at a minimum (zero) on Q, for an increasing (positive slope) of Displacement on P.Screenshot (195).png
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by MonoAno555
question:

the ans is C and i just want to make sure my idea of whats occuring makes sense: for max(terminal) Velocity on R, acceleration is at a minimum (zero) on Q, for an increasing (positive slope) of Displacement on P.Screenshot (195).png

Maximum velocity does not mean terminal velocity in this question. In this question, maximum velocity just means zero acceleration NOT minimum acceleration at that particular time for the acceleration-time graph and maximum gradient NOT increasing slope at that particular time for the displacement-time graph.
Reply 2
Original post by Eimmanuel
Maximum velocity does not mean terminal velocity in this question. In this question, maximum velocity just means zero acceleration NOT minimum acceleration at that particular time for the acceleration-time graph and maximum gradient NOT increasing slope at that particular time for the displacement-time graph.

I again. Thanks for the response (it helped). Found a similar question where the answer is C, have I labelled it correctly?. Also you have any videos/more questions like this?, im struggling to interpret these graphs...Screenshot (205).png
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by MonoAno555
I again. Thanks for the response (it helped). Found a similar question where the answer is C, have I labelled it correctly?Screenshot (205).png

Not sure why you placed C on the displacement-axis and D in the bottom right corner.

C should be in the bottom right corner and D on the velocity-axis or bottom left corner.
Reply 4
Original post by Eimmanuel
Not sure why you placed C on the displacement-axis and D in the bottom right corner.

C should be in the bottom right corner and D on the velocity-axis or bottom left corner.

Honestly I rushed this one, will make corrections tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest