The Student Room Group

Gcse advice 2024 mocks

Hi everyone I thought I'd share my grades and forecast grades with you and see if you could give me advice as of now because I have mocks in a few months time!
Here are grades:
I got the following:
Combined Science (A) Current grade:33 Forecast grade:54
Eng Lang (B) Current grade:3 Forecast grade: 3+
Eng Lit (B) Current grade: 3+ Forecast grade: 4-
Food (A) Current grade: 5- Forecast grade: 5+
French (A) Current grade: 4- Forecast grade:5+
Geography (A) Current grade:4+ Forecast grade: 5
Maths (A) Current grade: 2+ Forecast grade: 4
Photography (A) Current grade:4 Forecast grade:6
if you're aiming for top grades (7-9) thenn:

science - make sure yk the content, make flashcards and review them routinely and then use pmt to do practice questions along with actual past paper q for ur exam board

maths - just about practice - practice ur weaker topics and ask teachers for harder questions once u get the hang of easier ones - eg. once u get the grade 4 questions, do grade 6 and so on increasing the difficulty --- if you ever find urself rly struggling then maybe return to the very basics to master those cz often times ppl dont know the basics and so struggle w the harder stuff

english - know the texts n poems u do ofc, read model answers, learn how to answer the q.s and practice them too getting ur teacher to mark them
and i dont do the rest of the subjects u listed but im sure u can apply some of the above tips to them
if ur in y10 take the mocks seriously cz theyll affect ur projected grades thatll go to college

Original post by Harfan654
Hi everyone I thought I'd share my grades and forecast grades with you and see if you could give me advice as of now because I have mocks in a few months time!
Here are grades:
I got the following:
Combined Science (A) Current grade:33 Forecast grade:54
Eng Lang (B) Current grade:3 Forecast grade: 3+
Eng Lit (B) Current grade: 3+ Forecast grade: 4-
Food (A) Current grade: 5- Forecast grade: 5+
French (A) Current grade: 4- Forecast grade:5+
Geography (A) Current grade:4+ Forecast grade: 5
Maths (A) Current grade: 2+ Forecast grade: 4
Photography (A) Current grade:4 Forecast grade:6

For food, if u do aqa, use a revision guide like the big white one or the blue one for deep revision, for quick rev use the cgp orange one. Once u have got all the content do past papers. Self mark it and identify ur reds. Then revise that part again and do another past paper. Repeat this until all the topics are green. Also make sure u start past papers after learning all the content. Food is acc an easy subject and im sure you ll do great!

Quick Reply

Latest