What do you think of Beauty Pageants?

Such as Miss England, Miss World etc.

What do you think about them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Really awesome.
Reply 2
I'm quite indifferent tbh.

I don't agree with the child ones though.
Reply 3
If people want to host, if people want to sponsor and if people want to participate, that's entirely up to them.
Vanity is disgusting
Reply 5
miss congeniality was a good film
each to thier own =]
Reply 7
It is another way to treat people as objects.
I agree with Gemma, the child pagents are the worst. Their parents basically force them to give up their childhood, just so the parents can feel a tiny bit better about their pointless, unfulfilled lives. To me, it is just a low-key form of child abuse. A lot of these poor kids are just going to end up as young parents or really stupid.
joeyXCORE
miss congeniality was a good film

Lol
well i guess there is nothing inherently wrong with them but they are a bit shallow aren't they.
Renal
If people want to host, if people want to sponsor and if people want to participate, that's entirely up to them.

What he said :yep:
But I do think there should be more to peoples' lives other than dressing up, going for pageants and winning trophies =\ More important/worthwhile stuff to do but hey, each to their own.
Reply 11
I don't care much for them, I think they're vain and shallow. But if people want to take part in them, then that's their choice.

I agree with others about child beauty pageants though. They're awful.
A very unfair practise. To enter a beauty pagent the primary necessity is to be "beautiful": some people grow up to be attractive and others don't. Why should people win huge sums of money for having the right genetics? Whereas nurses and other worthy proffesionals actually contributing to the economy get paid such low salaries? Disgusting.
If people want to enter then so be it, but I think they're a bit pointless
I don't understand what the winners have done to deserve that title apart from look good, and say a few kind things about their town/country/world that they rehearsed for a few weeks beforehand

I could so win one
I think they don't really belong in the 21st century. They are a bit of a throwback to an era that has now passed, and I don't see the appeal. If I was a woman, I wouldn't consider entering one, and I don't really have much respect for entrants. I'm quite happy to write them off as vapid women who revel in their own vanity, and I find that rather ugly.
A fantastic celebration of vapidity, shallowness, vanity and narcissism.

That doesn't mean that they shouldn't happen though, people have a right to be the above.
Reply 16
I don't see why people have so much of a problem with them. Why can't women celebrate beauty AS WELL as intelligence? It always seems as though because women have equality, they constantly have to prove their intelligence... why can't these run side by side? I completely see others' points of them being vain/shallow etc, but does it really affect you that much? If women want to compete for a beauty award then so be it, I see no problem with it.
Reply 17
My ex gf was one!
Reply 18
Absolutely nothing wrong with them.
The only one I like is Miss World. And you don't JUST have to be beutiful to win it, there are other tasks that require intelligence that take a significant part in the voting. So no dumb blonde bimbo from the states can win.

Latest

Trending

Trending