Who're 'they'?
Reply 2
whoever they will be
Reply 3
Dude.

Hyperspace. That's rad.
Reply 4
Reply 5
I dunno what's more unlikely, hyperspace or hammerspace.

To travel in hyperspace I think you have to be travelling at the speed of light or faster and obviously, relativity has a thing or two to say about that.
Reply 6
They might, but it will cost mad moneyz for us dudez
DealerG

To travel in hyperspace I think you have to be travelling at the speed of light or faster and obviously, relativity has a thing or two to say about that.

Not if we somehow build a negative mass spaceship! :eek3:
Reply 8
DealerG

What if the LHC proves our model of physics wrong?
Reply 9
Meteorshower
Not if we somehow build a negative mass spaceship! :eek3:

that's true, but guess what, you won't even get accelerated to that speed with NEGATIVE mass. :eek3:
Reply 10
nigel_s
What if the LHC proves our model of physics wrong?

Depends which part. If relativity is wrong (which in theory is still possible considering it is a theory), then light will once again become completely mysterious.

The speed of light is known as a fundemental of physics and the ultimate speed of anything in the universe.
I hope so. Waiting for the bus is a drag.
They'll invent warp drive, then they'll develop quantum slipstream technology.

I do hope that this sort of technology will be invented in my lifetime.
DealerG
that's true, but guess what, you won't even get accelerated to that speed with NEGATIVE mass. :eek3:

No, not accelerated but it will start faster than light :p:
dude you just need a hyper drive engine
Reply 15
Well, if they discover what it is that gives things 'mass' (and there are fairly sensible theories to explain it for every type of mass something can have at the moment (inertial, gravitational, relativistic etc.)) its possible that they may be able to create something completely 'massless' or which removes the mass from things inside it. If this is the case it would have a speed limit of lord knows what and would have no limit on acceleration.
in the year 3000 they create that dude
Reply 17
Meteorshower
No, not accelerated but it will start faster than light :p:

If it starts are the speed of light, then it's mass is practically infinity so it would just travel straight on forever and a force of infinity will be needed to stop it :rolleyes:
Reply 18
You might as well ask 'does god exist' for all the definitive answer you'll get - this question, as with that one, is pretty much impossible to answer for certain.
Reply 19
We are limited by the speed of light by relativity and of course there is no definitive answer but there are 2 plausable lines of thought that I know of at the momment. One is a stablised worm hole and the other is actually tunneling through space-time (todo with Tachions if I recall) so removing that limit. Very much star trek stuff atm and all all very much theoretical but never say never. In any case I doubt we will be around to see it :biggrin:

Latest