The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6060
Original post by Panda Bear
The station used in the scene was not Bow Road and Charlie got on a Central line train.

He was at Walford East or whatever it's called, since when did he get on at Bow Road? Confused :\
Original post by mel0n

Original post by mel0n
He was at Walford East or whatever it's called, since when did he get on at Bow Road? Confused :\

Well Walford East (obviously) doesn't really exist. But what I was supposed to say, was that the station used in the scene was not a District line station. Nor was the train a District line one. The voice on the train said the next station is Bow Road, which is impossible.
Either way, the tube tannoy lady definitely said it was the District Line :tongue:
Original post by $TUPID_hEAD
I've just read Sam W is leaving (I know I'm late :p:) but are Scott Maslen and Rita Simons going as well? If not, Anyone knows what they'll do with Jack and Roxy without Ronnie cos they never seem to have much storyline on their own.

Jack or Roxy aren't leaving as far as we know.

BIB They could start by giving him a personality.

Original post by The Stig
haha that's old news! :tongue:

They've already begun setting Jack's new storyline up with him going into partnership with Max - They'll probably give Roxy a storyline with Christian or something.

The show needs some new people now.

Spoiler

Original post by Elipsis
wish the reveal was earlier, this storyline is dominating everything, and almost half the show for the last 2 years+ has been Ronnie related. Even when Stacey managed to get a story line in edgeways she had to wade in and be like 'DID YOU KILL MY DAD, I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!1one'.

:rofl: I agree with you. We've had enough of tragic Ronnie storylines. Santer was way too obsessed with Ronnie and babies.

I agree that if they were going to do this storyline they should have done it properly. I can't tell who would be worse at acting grief stricken though; Alfie or Jack?

I think Shane has proved he can do more than comedy with this storyline. Scott Maslen (Jack) on the otherhand is there to look good (can't see the attraction myself) and its clear he wasn't hired for his acting talent.

As well as that the side story of Whitney, her nan, and Ghenghis Kahn is a total crock as well. Carol could have just said to Bianca 'I was grief stricken so I banged someone', she might have even gotten a high five. Eastenders has always had people getting their end away all over the place, but whoever is in charge now has zero imagination. He can't even let a relationship last 5 minutes.

I don't think the producer will last another year, the only "big" storyline he has come up with was the baby swap and that did not please the viewers.
Original post by Of_the_hook

I think Shane has proved he can do more than comedy with this storyline. Scott Maslen (Jack) on the otherhand is there to look good (can't see the attraction myself) and its clear he wasn't hired for his acting talent.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one. He is seriously butters.
Reply 6065
Original post by Elipsis
Nah, it has to be engineered in a way that Kat finds out before the kid and keeps it a secret for some reason. They could do it on the 20th anniversary of when it happened with Zoe or something lol. I wish the reveal was earlier, this storyline is dominating everything, and almost half the show for the last 2 years+ has been Ronnie related. Even when Stacey managed to get a story line in edgeways she had to wade in and be like 'DID YOU KILL MY DAD, I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!1one'.

I agree that if they were going to do this storyline they should have done it properly. I can't tell who would be worse at acting grief stricken though; Alfie or Jack?

As well as that the side story of Whitney, her nan, and Ghenghis Kahn is a total crock as well. Carol could have just said to Bianca 'I was grief stricken so I banged someone', she might have even gotten a high five. Eastenders has always had people getting their end away all over the place, but whoever is in charge now has zero imagination. He can't even let a relationship last 5 minutes.

Ghengis Khan has potential though. They should really build on the enmity between him and Jay. Or him and Phil. Anything which is apparently reminiscent of the "old Eastenders". Usually there's at least one subplot which is mildly interesting, there isn't one atm.
Original post by Elipsis

Jack, easily. He even fluffed his lines in the live episode :biggrin:
Original post by i.am.lost
Jack, easily. He even fluffed his lines in the live episode :biggrin:

He lacks charisma...
Reply 6068
Original post by n1r4v
Ghengis Khan has potential though. They should really build on the enmity between him and Jay. Or him and Phil. Anything which is apparently reminiscent of the "old Eastenders". Usually there's at least one subplot which is mildly interesting, there isn't one atm.

It would be good if Phil snubbed him, which pushed him towards another 'Phil' of the Eastend, and there was some sort of conflict which jeopardised all of the Mitchells. Ronnie/Ben dying is optional but good. It definitely needs more violence though.
Reply 6069
Original post by Of_the_hook
Jack or Roxy aren't leaving as far as we know.

BIB They could start by giving him a personality.

Spoiler

:rofl: I agree with you. We've had enough of tragic Ronnie storylines. Santer was way too obsessed with Ronnie and babies.

I don't think the producer will last another year, the only "big" storyline he has come up with was the baby swap and that did not please the viewers.

Shane was doing well at first, but sometimes I see him smirking when he has to be too serious. And he always has to look down because he can't get the glint out of his eyes. I just feel like he is trying with all his strength to suppress his cheeky chappy nature. It seems like he has never felt sadness in his real life (or he can't) and he has no inspiration.
Original post by Elipsis
Ronnie/Ben dying is optional but good. It definitely needs more violence though.

I reckon they're under pressure from BBC execs to stop courting controversy. I doubt we'll be seeing anything this dramatic in 2011 after the baby swap saga. Plus remember the uproar after Danielle's untimely death? The last thing they want is more neg press.
Original post by Hooovan*
Thank you! I thought I was the only one. He is seriously butters.
First girl I've known to have said that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Elipsis
Shane was doing well at first, but sometimes I see him smirking when he has to be too serious. And he always has to look down because he can't get the glint out of his eyes. I just feel like he is trying with all his strength to suppress his cheeky chappy nature. It seems like he has never felt sadness in his real life (or he can't) and he has no inspiration.

I think that's just Alfie though, like when you see him chatting with the other characters, he's obviously completely distraught at his loss but he still manages to keep it together and still has his friendly 'Alfie' personality :smile:
Original post by anniecatz
He lacks charisma...

And personality and acting talent :tongue:
Original post by Elipsis

I agree with you but he's no way as bad as Scott who has one great performance every now and then and it doesn't help the character changes everytime according to the storylines.
Wondering if we are going to see any more of Poppy today- so far we've established she likes peanuts and mushrooms. Sad thing is that she never met up with Tamwar....we will never know.
I missed yesterdays so what happened with the whole Ronnie handing the baby over? :hmmm: Did she just take it back?
Reply 6076
Original post by The Stig
I missed yesterdays so what happened with the whole Ronnie handing the baby over? :hmmm: Did she just take it back?

Kat thought Ronny was being insensitive and said "my babys dead so you just give me yours?" It was all very awkward and stupid.
Original post by Roobsa
Kat thought Ronny was being insensitive and said "my babys dead so you just give me yours?" It was all very awkward and stupid.

Ahh I see :curious:
Wow. Tracy has a life and doesn't just pop up to work at the Vic and on the market?!
Tracy has a life!

Latest