The Student Room Group

Can't get a job anywhere

I'm 20 years old, I've been looking for a job for about 2 months now but I can't get one anywhere. I've been offered a job working as a charity fundraiser but I really don't want to do that.

So where should I go for an immediate start because I would like to start tomorrow if possible.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by FahadK
I'm 20 years old, I've been looking for a job for about 2 months now but I can't get one anywhere. I've been offered a job working as a charity fundraiser but I really don't want to do that.

So where should I go for an immediate start because I would like to start tomorrow if possible.

What's wrong with the charity fundraiser job? Does it pay? Will it offer some valuable experience to aid your further job search? If so then I'd advise taking it for now at least.
Reply 2
You are asking TSR about how to find a job where you can start tomorrow? If I were you I would start by leaving fantasy land, entering the real world, and keep trying. You have to accept that times are tough for many people and there are far more qualified people than you who are struggling to find jobs. If I were you I would take the charity fundraiser job and continue looking for work as you go.
Original post by FahadK

Thanks

For an immediate start, take the charity fundraiser job...
Reply 5
Only 2 months? Trust me, unless you get lucky, you'll be looking for a good while longer than that.
Reply 6
Retail. It's incredibly **** though.
Reply 7
Two years I have been searching and sending cv. And only now just got an interview!
Original post by FahadK

Thanks

Firstly, as others have said, take the job. Beggars can't be choosers, and I guess that's quite fitting seeing as you'll beg people for money in the street:wink:

Have you thought about getting your CV checked out? Take it to the jobcentre, there might be something you're missing. And have a look round local employment agencies, I don;t know if it's just round here but people are nearly always looking for Telesales staff. Even if the jobs are temp, and from my own experience agonisingly boring, they pay well. Between like £7-£10 an hour sometimes:smile:
Reply 9
In this day and age there's no room for being picky. You're not gonna just walk into your dream job so take the job you've already been offered (unless it's too late for that) and just keep looking. At least you'll be earning money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending