The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jennloves...
I'm Indian, boyfriend is Scottish. Feels pretty much like how it would feel if I was to be with anyone else? I didn't think race would matter much when it comes to relationships,but who knows.And generally mixed race couple aren't too common.
Whenever my boyfriend and I spot another mixed race couple we get really excited and go "ooh look!" :colondollar:

I'm reminded of Mini drivers honking at each other.
Original post by BulgeBracket
How do Indian/Pakistani woman feel about dating white (English) guys? Does it happen often?

I feel more than fine about it, in fact I prefer them...:biggrin:
(My family is from Pakistan)

I know from personal experience that a lot of Muslims and white boys/girls date eachother.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Well plenty of Indian girls like white guys so it does happen. One couple that doesn't happen is Oriental guys with white girls. It's saddening because I am an Oriental that really likes white girls. :sad:

Broken record...
How do Indian/Pakistani woman feel about dating white (English) guys? Does it happen often?

its starting to become common with indian girls but slowly for pakistani girls, since religion plays an important part in relationships and most pakistani girls are muslims. And theres always the whole cultural issue
I'm a white guy and I've been going out with an indian girl for over a year. Race has never been an issue for either of us but sometimes when we're in public holding hands we get angry looks off some ppl, generally asian men I'm afraid to say.

This really gets me angry as we live in a free country. Personally I have no time for people who think two people shouldn't be together because of differences in the distribution of melanin in their skin cells.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a white guy and I've been going out with an indian girl for over a year. Race has never been an issue for either of us but sometimes when we're in public holding hands we get angry looks off some ppl, generally asian men I'm afraid to say.

This really gets me angry as we live in a free country. Personally I have no time for people who think two people shouldn't be together because of differences in the distribution of melanin in their skin cells.

What a beautiful, scientific way of thinking of it. I'm going to use that!

It angers me too, but over time society will evolve in which this will be more accepted.
Reply 26
Depends on the attractiveness of the guy
Reply 27
It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.
Reply 28
I've seen an Indian dating a black dude but never a white guy for some reason
Original post by Mr Smurf
...It's saddening because I am an Oriental that really likes white girls. :sad:

Please burn to death. You will die alone.
Reply 30
Original post by No Man
It happens more often with Indian girls, since they're less likely to be Islamic.

India is a predominantly Hindu country thats why they'll be less Islamic ¬¬
I dont think its common for pakistani girls to go out with white because of the huge culture difference and plus they like to go out with muslims and u dont bump into many white muslims.
Original post by chocoholic.
I dont think its common for pakistani girls to go out with white because of the huge culture difference and plus they like to go out with muslims and u dont bump into many white muslims.

But there's a 'huge cultural difference' between every culture not just Pakistani and British cultures.

How do you know they just like to go out with Muslims? You're just generalising.
Reply 33
Original post by Iqbal007
India is a predominantly Hindu country thats why they'll be less Islamic ¬¬

And? I never denied that.
Reply 34
I know about 3 Indian girls who have white boyfriends and many more who fancy white guys.
Although you won't get any Pakistani girls who go out with white guys (or any guys in general) unless they are completely non-religious, which is rare.
Reply 35

I have seen plenty of Indian and white people mixing and them getting married, its more common in London. Plus Indians are more accepting of their white counterparts as they are mainly Hindu's, so marriage rules are relaxed.

With Pakistani's its not so common at all, as far as I know i haven't heard of a Pakistani dating a white guy ever which is probably down to the fact they are muslims. As Islam prohibits pre-martial relationships and they can't marry outside the faith. Even then Pakistani families are quite reluctant to let their children especially the girls to marry someone who is muslim but with a different ethnic background :s-smilie:
Reply 36
Original post by No Man
And? I never denied that.

'

Im saying it because it seems as though you have generalised Indians as being Muslims when you said 'they're less likely to be Islamic'. Thats all.
i've seen really few asiasn boy/girls in a relationship with white boy/girls but it does happen more with asian girls and white guys rather then the other way around but i don't think skin colour should be a factor in a relationship...if you like someone just go ahead and tell them regardless of the distribution of melanin in their skin cells (as someone so rightly said)...if you don't try, you'll fail 100% of the time but if you do try then atleast theres a chance of something happening
Reply 38
It's like white guys are scared to approach pakistani girls. Has anyone noticed that ever?

There used to be this cute guy in my lectures, who used to like looking at me (I didn't mind looking at him either tbh..) but he never said anything! Apart from asking to borrow my pen once when he had his own.

Dang. Maybe I should've said something...
Original post by merryhappy
But there's a 'huge cultural difference' between every culture not just Pakistani and British cultures.

How do you know they just like to go out with Muslims? You're just generalising.

Yes but I think culture is a huge factor for Pakistani girls based on my experience.
The majority of pakistani girls are muslims and they prefer going out with a guy with the same faith because they would understand it more and the relationship would be less complicated, well thats what me and all of my my pakistani friends think.

Latest

Trending

Trending