The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ____Dave____
And can you tell us how you KNOW all of this to be 100% accurate, since you state it with such finality?

Because she claims she has been 'street bailed' meaning they must collect her or she must arrive at the police station. Seeing as they stated they would be round at 10:00 to collect her they will be round at 10:00 to collect her...?

The only instance where they may not show up is:

The officer dealing with the bailed person shall liaise
with their supervisor regarding the case. If the
supervisor, after considering the circumstances and
evidence, decides that there is no requirement for the
person to answer their bail it is their responsibility to
ensure a letter is sent to the bailed person informing
them of this (available on Standard Forms Library). In
the case of a juvenile a letter must also be sent to the
nominated parent or guardian. In all such cases the
officer dealing must ensure that Part Three of the ‘Bail
Notice’, in the ‘Street Bail Register’ is endorsed to this
effect.

So if there is not substantial evidence or it is deemed unessential to bring her in they won't. However, in this case it is fairly likely they will and should.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GunnerBill
These members who have done stupid things are doing us all a favour by telling their stories here. They don't deserve to be "negged" for doing that. :confused:

Owning up in public to stuff like this takes a fair bit of courage. Think of all the grotbags who'd just chalk it up and carry on regardless.

While their actions have shown poor character doing this goes some way to making up for it and serves as a useful warning to others.

I also note they have both been punished according to the law so cut them a break hey!

Thanks. I fear it was because I appeared to be pretty nonchalant about what happened but in truth I'm not at all. I feel like I've portrayed myself in a pretty bad light, and would appreciate it if anyone who immediately judged me, or whatever, PMed me and then maybe I can give you a bit of background so you're slightly more understanding.
Original post by 3ka_xo
wow poor boots, that poor poor multi million pound company -_-

Oh yes because individual stores have head office do everything for them? The sales (and losses) an individual store records affects how it runs. First of all the amount of stock it orders but more importantly- staff wages, staff hours, staff recruitment. The major reason why stores are understaffed and not hiring is poor sales. But shoplifting on top of that? It it still hurting a shop and affecting people.

This is the same attitude where people who are given too much change won't bring it back to 'big corporations making a profit' when the till operator responsible could get a warning or have to pay it back themselves. You're hurting an individual store before the faceless company.
Original post by Xanth
Because she claims she has been 'street bailed' meaning they must collect her or she must arrive at the police station. Seeing as they stated they would be round at 10:00 to collect her they will be round at 10:00 to collect her...?

The only instance where they may not show up is:

The officer dealing with the bailed person shall liaise
with their supervisor regarding the case. If the
supervisor, after considering the circumstances and
evidence, decides that there is no requirement for the
person to answer their bail it is their responsibility to
ensure a letter is sent to the bailed person informing
them of this (available on Standard Forms Library). In
the case of a juvenile a letter must also be sent to the
nominated parent or guardian. In all such cases the
officer dealing must ensure that Part Three of the ‘Bail
Notice’, in the ‘Street Bail Register’ is endorsed to this
effect.

So if there is not substantial evidence or it is deemed unessential to bring her in they won't. However, in this case it is fairly likely they will and should.

So you don't really know anything. Sounds like your just assuming a lot.

Fair enough, but why don't you just say that instead of scaring the poor girl. :wink:
Why'd you be shoplifting at boots anyway, the most expensive item is like £29.99?

Anyway, admit the crime and the judge may give you another chance, also you're 17, you're not legally allowed to go into prison.
Reply 105
To the losers suggesting it's okay to be arrested for stealing from a large business: it's not. It shouldn't be a crime. These businesses are exploiting you, and you stick up for them? Are you mad?
Reply 106
Original post by PaperBoy
Why'd you be shoplifting at boots anyway, the most expensive item is like £29.99?

not really, bought my boyfriend a present that was over £70 from there
Original post by yb93
not really, bought my boyfriend a present that was over £70 from there

Okay fine, but anything over £29,99 will obviously have a security alarm wrapped around the product.
Reply 108
Original post by katerawlinson
Ok, I know we shouldn't of done it but.... It happened.

Today me and one of my friends got caught shoplifting in boots. We were taken into a security room by the security guard.

We offered to pay for the stuff (about £20) he wasn't having any of it... He got the manager to come and she said we would be banned from the store, fair enough, but also said they were going to call the police and have us arrested....

After about 30 minuets, the police arrived. We were both handcuffed, (as the door was open).

The police went off and had a chat with the manager, after about another 10 minuets, the came back and said that they were going to do 'street bail'.

This basically means that we have 'technically' been arrested for theft, and the police will come and take us into custody at a pre arranged time from our homes...

We asked if we could not be taken in now, the police were on foot patrol and no vans available....

Im dreading telling my parents that, the police are going to come to the house and collect me tomorrow @ 10am...

I asked them if I have to go in a police car, and he said no. And replied you'll have to go in a van... Do you think the'll put me in a restraint handcuffs tomorrow? Will I have to be put in a cell or do you think the'll just interview me and deal with it...

My friend is getting picked up tomorrow at 10:30, so I presume the'll pick me up and then her...

Argh!

You have a little over 7 hours to say your goodbyes, and prepare your supplies to go on the run. You might want to get better at replenishing your supplies though :tongue:
Original post by tufc
I've got the balls to talk to you. Stealing is utter stupidity, and you should have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

It doesn't take balls to send a message online

Original post by JongKey
Do you even know what my username means?

Does it mean nob?
Reply 110
Original post by katerawlinson
Ok, I know we shouldn't of done it but.... It happened.

Today me and one of my friends got caught shoplifting in boots. We were taken into a security room by the security guard.

We offered to pay for the stuff (about £20) he wasn't having any of it... He got the manager to come and she said we would be banned from the store, fair enough, but also said they were going to call the police and have us arrested....

After about 30 minuets, the police arrived. We were both handcuffed, (as the door was open).

The police went off and had a chat with the manager, after about another 10 minuets, the came back and said that they were going to do 'street bail'.

This basically means that we have 'technically' been arrested for theft, and the police will come and take us into custody at a pre arranged time from our homes...

We asked if we could not be taken in now, the police were on foot patrol and no vans available....

Im dreading telling my parents that, the police are going to come to the house and collect me tomorrow @ 10am...

I asked them if I have to go in a police car, and he said no. And replied you'll have to go in a van... Do you think the'll put me in a restraint handcuffs tomorrow? Will I have to be put in a cell or do you think the'll just interview me and deal with it...

My friend is getting picked up tomorrow at 10:30, so I presume the'll pick me up and then her...

Argh!

Haha, you filthy little chav. My advice: don't drop the soap! :biggrin:
Reply 111
It's your own fault. No point trying to get sympathy from TSR..
Have you been picked up yet? What has happened?
Original post by hamburgerandbeans
Have you been picked up yet? What has happened?

Chances are she's not going to be TSR whilst waiting for the police to arrive... Or on her smartphone in the back of the van, for that matter.
Original post by Rascacielos
Chances are she's not going to be TSR whilst waiting for the police to arrive... Or on her smartphone in the back of the van, for that matter.

You mean there is not going to be as it happens updates?!
Original post by Left Hand Drive
You mean there is not going to be as it happens updates?!

Just waiting for someone to say that there will be minute by minute updates on twitter :biggrin:
Reply 117
It's a lesson learnt, last thing you want would be a criminal record but at so young they may be a bit more lenient. No matter your background, don't do anything against the law, better safe than sorry.
Original post by dignityinclay
Just waiting for someone to say that there will be minute by minute updates on twitter :biggrin:

Its trending!
Original post by Rascacielos

Well if she only gets a talking to and does not get put in a cell, then she may write back on TSR to say what happened

Latest

Trending

Trending