The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by IngensPolyspaston
Yeah I've considered that too, apparently it gets quite busy at the times the free membership allows, which is to be expected really with everyone wanting to make the most of it :smile:

I don't mind cooking as such and I can do it to an extent, but I'm afraid I will end up living on pasta or noodles all the time because I might not want to risk trying anything to fancy! :redface:

Ah thats good.. maybe you can make the walk a jog then if you fancied it :wink: though walking into a lecture with a sweat on might not create a great impression :tongue:

I hope we're not hijacking the thread too much.. though it is still on topic so it should be fine! :smile:

Yeah I thought it would, and it's only like £50ish to upgrade I think!
Yeah pastas always a winner if you can't be bothered!
God I can't run to save my life, and turn a horrible shade of lobster when I do so yeah probably not the best way to make friends!
I know oops! Sorry everyone else!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by GabbiWS
Yeah I thought it would, and it's only like £50ish to upgrade I think!
Yeah pastas always a winner if you can't be bothered!
God I can't run to save my life, and turn a horrible shade of lobster when I do so yeah probably not the best way to make friends!
I know oops! Sorry everyone else!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Hehe yeah, probably not :wink:

For the sake of the thread I'll stop posting for now :redface:

Well it was nice talking to someone else from the same block! :smile: If i don't speak to you again, will possibly see you in 3 or so weeks time! :tongue: Even if you are 7 floors above me... haha
Reply 1982
does anyone know what the eintro thing some people are talking about on here is? I have no idea what it is :colondollar:
Original post by Obsidian
I'm in Lupton block K - haven't found anybody else yet. Looking forward to meeting you all :biggrin:

I'm in K1.24, where are you?
Reply 1984
Original post by Ksmall4
I'm doing law :smile: bet yours is interesting! I did French a level haha x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'm doing law too!! In oxley tho :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by KK4
does anyone know what the eintro thing some people are talking about on here is? I have no idea what it is :colondollar:

When you get the email telling you you have an accommodation offer, it includes a link to the eIntro which you can access after August 27th. It's basically information about living in accommodation so includes health and safety stuff and info about who deals with what in the residences. And at the end, you can book a slot for moving in.
Original post by lottieh1993

K2 Flat 1 :biggrin: Nearby - nice to virtually meet you :smile: What course are you doing and when do you intend to go down?

Awesome to meet people in the same block - I have heard of one other so far.

Wow that takes me back. I lived in that room a few years ago.

I had a great time in Lupton and Leeds. Would love to go back there.

At some point get a UV light and turn all the lights off in the main corridor and shine it on the walls, you might see all the graffiti we wrote on those walls with the UV pens we got off the police stand in Freshers week.

It was a few years back now though so maybe if they've repainted it etc it might have got rubbed off.
K2 Flat 1 :biggrin: Nearby - nice to virtually meet you :smile: What course are you doing and when do you intend to go down?

Awesome to meet people in the same block - I have heard of one other so far.

yeah your the floor above but im sure we'll see each other :smile: haha you too, im doing international history and politics, what about you?
im not sure yet, my twin sister is going to manchester around the same time so we have to do it together, probably the weekend of the 15/16, you?
Yeah :smile: ive found one flatmate on facebook so far.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Wow that takes me back. I lived in that room a few years ago.

I had a great time in Lupton and Leeds. Would love to go back there.

At some point get a UV light and turn all the lights off in the main corridor and shine it on the walls, you might see all the graffiti we wrote on those walls with the UV pens we got off the police stand in Freshers week.

It was a few years back now though so maybe if they've repainted it etc it might have got rubbed off.

Wow the same room, thats pretty cool. It sounds really nice but is it far from the uni or is it okay?

We'll have to try that some time!
@accomoffice do you know if Henry Price has wireless internet access?
Original post by MagicNMedicine
get a UV light and turn all the lights off in the main corridor and shine it on the walls, you might see all the graffiti we wrote on those walls with the UV pens we got off the police stand in Freshers week.

I'm sure it's never too late for a damage charge :biggrin:.
Good to see you're still around on here. :smile:
yeah your the floor above but im sure we'll see each other :smile: haha you too, im doing international history and politics, what about you?
im not sure yet, my twin sister is going to manchester around the same time so we have to do it together, probably the weekend of the 15/16, you?
Yeah :smile: ive found one flatmate on facebook so far.

Yes :biggrin: I'm doing English Language and Literature :biggrin:
Wow - moving two people to University must be really hard! We are struggling enough to get me to Leeds - so much to organise. Best of luck to you and your twin, I hope that the traffic is good!
I intend to go on the 15th as everyone in my family is free on that day.
So far I haven't found anyone in my actual flat or floor but I'm getting there. It's reassuring to hear about fellow freshers in floors around me :h:
Reply 1993
Original post by accomoffice
Unfortunately, there's no way of telling from the room numbers at Central Village and I'm not familiar enough with the building yet to even hazard a guess. Sorry!

@accomoffice - in Montague Block residence, is block A by itself or with the rest of the residences? On google maps it seems to suggest block A flats are in a house on their own?
Original post by alexdav31
@accomoffice do you know if Henry Price has wireless internet access?

Hmm. We've put a lot of wireless in this summer but I don't know if Henry Price is one of them. Will see if I can find out for tomorrow.
Original post by accomoffice
Hmm. We've put a lot of wireless in this summer but I don't know if Henry Price is one of them. Will see if I can find out for tomorrow.

Does liberty dock have wireless?
Original post by :)J
@accomoffice - in Montague Block residence, is block A by itself or with the rest of the residences? On google maps it seems to suggest block A flats are in a house on their own?

Montague Burton sort of goes round a central area (which is where the barbecue/chilling out area is). There is a bit of a bigger gap between N and A than between the others but it's not major. And A is on one side of the entrance gate and B is on the other. But it's all contained within the same perimeter fence.
Not sure that made sense at all - hope you understood it!
Original post by xfearless
Does liberty dock have wireless?

About 99% sure it does.
Yes :biggrin: I'm doing English Language and Literature :biggrin:
Wow - moving two people to University must be really hard! We are struggling enough to get me to Leeds - so much to organise. Best of luck to you and your twin, I hope that the traffic is good!
I intend to go on the 15th as everyone in my family is free on that day.
So far I haven't found anyone in my actual flat or floor but I'm getting there. It's reassuring to hear about fellow freshers in floors around me :h:

Yeah, hopefully shouldn't be too bad, there not too far of a drive from each other, but my sister has shotgunned the 15th so i may be on the 16th instead if we can't do it all in one day :frown: there really is but i feel so unorganised! I think i need a few more shopping trips to get everything! where are you from? thanks! :smile:

Theres not many people in block K on the facebook group yet, are you on there?
Wow the same room, thats pretty cool. It sounds really nice but is it far from the uni or is it okay?

We'll have to try that some time!

It takes about half an hour to walk in or about 10-15 min on the bus. There are buses up and down the road all the time so you don't have to wait more than 10 min or so usually, and the buses run late from town back so you can get back from a night out.

Before people go they usually think urgh half an hour walk, I'll never do that, but as long as it wasn't raining, people walked from Lupton to uni all the time, the walk soon goes when you are with other people.

The most important thing about Lupton is it is round the corner from the supermarket - really convenient. Also its the best location IMO because its in the middle of Headingley so there is a lot to do there socially with traditional pubs, upmarket bars, coffee shops, little cafes, etc.

I remember I really liked the power showers in Lupton as well, those were the best showers I have ever had. Brilliant way to revive yourself after a late night.

Quick Reply

Latest