The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich Medical School) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shanniejane
just to clarify, we have not yet received the "advanced registration task" only that not advanced one? :P

Well I have, I think they said if you don't get it by the 4th then you should contact them.
Reply 1901
I'm a bit confused with all this freshers stuff. So am I meant to join the medicine society and then get a freshers ticket? Don't know how to do either in any case.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Baines_22
Well I have, I think they said if you don't get it by the 4th then you should contact them.

What did it involve? was it the one where you answer some Q's on four stages and then you have other stages that include uploading a pic and setting a password? because i have done all that..
What did it involve? was it the one where you answer some Q's on four stages and then you have other stages that include uploading a pic and setting a password? because i have done all that..

Well that is the advanced registration so I don't know what else you are talking about.
Original post by Baines_22
Well that is the advanced registration so I don't know what else you are talking about.

well that email was just a registration email and link and didn't say anything like "advanced registration task" in it yet people on here kept saying it so i assumed there must be more..
Reply 1905
well that email was just a registration email and link and didn't say anything like "advanced registration task" in it yet people on here kept saying it so i assumed there must be more..

If you have access to portal then the advance registration is complete.
Original post by UEAMedic
If you have access to portal then the advance registration is complete.

ah okay, thank you :smile: I can access it so all is well!
Another possibly silly question from me:
How do I know what my room and the kitchen comes equipped with? I have looked through my emails but I can't find such a list, does one exist?

Also another:
When do I pay for the accommodation? Is it after the 17th? Because thats when my maintenance comes through, like I assume everyone else's does also.
Reply 1908
Another possibly silly question from me:
How do I know what my room and the kitchen comes equipped with? I have looked through my emails but I can't find such a list, does one exist?

Also another:
When do I pay for the accommodation? Is it after the 17th? Because thats when my maintenance comes through, like I assume everyone else's does also.

Your room will have a bed, desk and wardrobe. Kitchen has a microwave/oven hobs, work surfaces, lockers, storage, table & chairs and bins. The newer accommodation (Paston, Coleman, Britten etc) have instant hot water dispensers.

You'll need to bring bedding (including duvet and pillows although you can buy them from accommodation), pots, pans, cutlery, plates, bowls etc

Once you've started the course you'll be billed for accommodation and tuition fees. There'll be a finance tab on portal in which you will be able to state how your going to pay (student finance for fees, full payment, direct debit or 3 instalments for accommodation) - you don't need to worry about payment until after you've moved in. All the info you'll need you should get from the accommodation office when you arrive.
How do I arrange to pay the fees and room before I arrive? I need to arrange this with the bank before I leave home.
Original post by UEAMedic
Your room will have a bed, desk and wardrobe. Kitchen has a microwave/oven hobs, work surfaces, lockers, storage, table & chairs and bins. The newer accommodation (Paston, Coleman, Britten etc) have instant hot water dispensers.

You'll need to bring bedding (including duvet and pillows although you can buy them from accommodation), pots, pans, cutlery, plates, bowls etc

Once you've started the course you'll be billed for accommodation and tuition fees. There'll be a finance tab on portal in which you will be able to state how your going to pay (student finance for fees, full payment, direct debit or 3 instalments for accommodation) - you don't need to worry about payment until after you've moved in. All the info you'll need you should get from the accommodation office when you arrive.

Thank you so much thats great! :biggrin:
Reply 1911
I have a score average for my UKCAT being 585 is that safe to apply to here?
Reply 1912
Hi,

I did my UKCAT today and had got 585 average

VR:590
QR:590
AR:610
DA:510

Do I meet the UKCAT cut of?

My current stats are;
GCSE; 2 A*s (1 in Chemistry and a short course ICT), 5 A's and 2 B's (One in Physics and One in Geography)
AS level result: ABB (A in Chemistry, B's in Economics and Biology BOTH 1-2 UMS of an A overall)
Predicted A level is AAA
Also taking the EPQ and might get a B on that (count as my 4th AS)

Do I have a shot at this university?

Thank you for reading just im very worried :/
Original post by king101
Hi,

I did my UKCAT today and had got 585 average

VR:590
QR:590
AR:610
DA:510

Do I meet the UKCAT cut of?

My current stats are;
GCSE; 2 A*s (1 in Chemistry and a short course ICT), 5 A's and 2 B's (One in Physics and One in Geography)
AS level result: ABB (A in Chemistry, B's in Economics and Biology BOTH 1-2 UMS of an A overall)
Predicted A level is AAA
Also taking the EPQ and might get a B on that (count as my 4th AS)

Do I have a shot at this university?

Thank you for reading just im very worried :/

The UKCAT isn't particularly high, but i got a place with 627.5 which isn't that high too. As far as I'm aware UEA don't have an actual "cut off point" at least not one they tell us specifically. Its very much the whole package, they will invite you for interview if they like your statement and grades, but afterwards they may use UKCAT to decide between people. I did 4 Alevels and got A*AAB which may have been why my UKCAT score wasn't a huge problem for them. As you probably know, medicine applications are a massive gamble and i only received one offer. Some are luckier than me and some less. So to be safe, just apply but make sure to get a place on a biomed course or something so you have options. It's a tough career choice but if you are sure you want to do it then give it a go and remember the interview can be very important so prep for that for sure :smile:
Hey, could anyone shed some light on what UEA actually use to shortlist applicant for medicine? Their website's not very clear and they said nothing more by email ...
My stats;
ABBC as A2 (that's the main reason I'm applying - they accept resit candidates)
AAAB at AS
11A*'s 1A at GCSE
Haven't done the UKCAT yet but I got 710 last year, hoping for a similar score.
Any help would be appreciated!
Reply 1915
Hey guys, like others I'm not too clear on how UEA shortlist candidates.
I have a UKCAT score of 612.5, 7A*s and 4 A's at GCSE's, AAAB at AS and predicted A*AA for A2. Would this be good enough for UEA?
Thanks! x
Hello. Could someone let us know when we can buy our MedSoC membership online? There was a problem with the system last week from what I understand. Has anyone else joined any other societies yet? :smile: looking forward to meeting you all.
Reply 1917
Anyone know where occ health appointment times can be found. Also how do we see our timetable?
Is it possible for me to buy the Medsoc Membership and the Fresher's week tickets in time for friday's event or will it have to be bought in advance?
Does anyone know if UFO will be opened this weekend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending