The Student Room Group

Should I have surgery to reduce the size of my penis?

I imagine a lot of guys would love to have my problem, but in reality it's really not that great. My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for just over a year, but we never have penetrative sex anymore due to my size. Our sex life basically involves me giving her oral, which she loves but I don't really enjoy, in exchange for her giving me handjobs, which I enjoy but she doesn't. We stopped having penetrative sex several months ago because it was hurting her. I would really love to be able to make love to her and have her enjoy it as much as me, so I'm considering having surgery to reduce the size of my equipment. But of course there are numerous risks to this procedure, the most concerning of which include infection, pain and erectile dysfunction.

My girlfriend says she would love for us to be able to have a normal sexual relationship as well but that she doesn't want to pressure me into anything -this sounds to me as if she wants me to get it done - but I'm prone to misinterpreting what woman mean, so please correct me if you think I'm wrong. If I do undergo the procedure I will have to decide what size I want to be. I'm currently 9.5 inches when erect and my girlfriend says that her preference is around 6 inches, so I was thinking maybe 7 inches would be ok? (there is a margin of error and I'd rather be slightly over 6 inches than go too far the other way)

So anyway may I ask for peoples' opinions on first whether I should have the procedure at all, and if so, what size I should go to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you want to maim yourself because someone else doesn't like it?
Reply 2
Oral sex for hand jobs isn't a fair trade brah.
Reply 3
Original post by Samrout
you want to maim yourself because someone else doesn't like it?

I want my girlfriend and I to be able to share a normal sex life. And I'm not planning on doing it myself! :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Negaduck
Oral sex for hand jobs isn't a fair trade brah.

I know it isn't, but she doesn't like doing oral either because it makes her choke.
Reply 5
Find yourself another more accommodating girlfriend.
And don't even contemplate surgery.:eek:
Never change yourself for someone else!
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFinn
Find yourself another more accommodating girlfriend.
And don't even contemplate surgery.:eek:

Well I appreciate your advice, but I do love my girlfriend, so I'm not just going to dump her over something like this.

Besides I'm fairly sure I'd have the same problem with most girls.
Original post by Anonymous
I imagine a lot of guys would love to have my problem, but in reality it's really not that great. My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for just over a year, but we never have penetrative sex anymore due to my size. Our sex life basically involves me giving her oral, which she loves but I don't really enjoy, in exchange for her giving me handjobs, which I enjoy but she doesn't. We stopped having penetrative sex several months ago because it was hurting her. I would really love to be able to make love to her and have her enjoy it as much as me, so I'm considering having surgery to reduce the size of my equipment. But of course there are numerous risks to this procedure, the most concerning of which include infection, pain and erectile dysfunction.

My girlfriend says she would love for us to be able to have a normal sexual relationship as well but that she doesn't want to pressure me into anything -this sounds to me as if she wants me to get it done - but I'm prone to misinterpreting what woman mean, so please correct me if you think I'm wrong. If I do undergo the procedure I will have to decide what size I want to be. I'm currently 9.5 inches when erect and my girlfriend says that her preference is around 6 inches, so I was thinking maybe 7 inches would be ok? (there is a margin of error and I'd rather be slightly over 6 inches than go too far the other way)

So anyway may I ask for peoples' opinions on first whether I should have the procedure at all, and if so, what size I should go to?
1. Dump girlfriend

2. Go out

3. Pick up girls

4. Screw them with your 9.5 inch dick

5. Word will get round and in no time you'll be screwing so many girls who love a big cock.

Thank me later. :smile:
:nothing:

Don't do anything to it. I know a girl who took 10 inches up her ass. Sorry for being crude but really, there are ways you can work around this issue without having risky surgery.
as a woman i can say its the girth not length that causes a problem and i guess your not 9.5 inches wide
How old are you?

A year, in my opinion, isn't long enough to be with somebody to decide that you're serious enough about them to chop off half of your penis.

Original post by rattusratus
as a woman i can say its the girth not length that causes a problem and i guess your not 9.5 inches wide

Actually if it's too long it can be quite painful.
Reply 12
Original post by rattusratus

Really? I have heard/read the complete opposite i.e. that woman generally enjoy a wide girth but excess length causes a painful experience.

I would suggest using dildos building up in size to yours, so that she can get used to the bigger size.
Reply 14
why not just stick it in halfway when having sex
Reply 15
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
How old are you?

A year, in my opinion, isn't long enough to be with somebody to decide that you're serious enough about them to chop off half of your penis.

I'm 24.

I know a year isn't that long, but I really do love her and I certainly don't want to cause her pain or discomfort.

And technically it's only a 3rd of my penis :tongue:

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Actually if it's too long it can be quite painful.

That's what I thought.
Really? I have heard/read the complete opposite i.e. that woman generally enjoy a wide girth but excess length causes a painful experience.

They can both hurt in different ways. Girth can stretch to a point which can be painful, though of course we're designed to get stretched and eventually get used to it. Length-wise, if you're hitting her cervix (which I would assume you are) too much it can hurt like **** :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Table
why not just stick it in halfway when having sex

We had attempted this, but it's difficult to control exactly how much goes in when on each thrust, especially towards the end when you tend to get a bit carried away. It usually ended up with me going in too far on a particular thrust and us having to stop because she was in too much pain to continue. I can't tell you how bad it feels to have your girlfriend in tears because of pain that you have caused. So eventually we agreed to give up on the penetrative sex entirely.
Reply 18

Firstly the statistical likelyhood of a natural 9.5 is so remote that i'm calling bull**** or suggesting you watch a video on how to measure properly.

That aside, i shall go with it..

1) You may simply not be getting her to a sufficient level of arousal

2) The fact you go a long time without means that the vagina will not stay in an expanded state

3) Some girls have sensitive cervix's and so especially when you are on top your angle of attack may be causing an issue there, you need to try get underneath which is easier ****ing her from behind in order to get the cul-de-sac.

Also, did you go balls deep?

Original post by desdemonata
:nothing:

Don't do anything to it. I know a girl who took 10 inches up her ass. Sorry for being crude but really, there are ways you can work around this issue without having risky surgery.

Basically the same as above, he may have been big but all studies suggest that women struggle to measure penis size visually.
Reply 19
I know it isn't, but she doesn't like doing oral either because it makes her choke.

She does realise that she doesn't have to try and fit the whole thing in, right?

Quick Reply

Latest