The Student Room Group

Admissions Officer - Do i need a degree?

This is something I want to be in the future. However, im about to go study a degree.

My question is do I need one? Also what are the job titles/names of people who are admission officers at schools/universities? The ones that you email about course enquires and admissions? do they need a degree? can I get that type of job after I graduate? whats the salary like?

thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by idontknowaname
This is something I want to be in the future. However, im about to go study a degree.

My question is do I need one? Also what are the job titles/names of people who are admission officers at schools/universities? The ones that you email about course enquires and admissions? do they need a degree? can I get that type of job after I graduate? whats the salary like?

thanks!!

I don't think it requires a degree at all. Most of them are called admissions officers, may be admissions assistants etc. but some also cover other roles (perhaps outreach, or other administration roles). This is an assistant job which I gather is probably the best way to enter into something like that. It seems like the average salary hovers 18-21k for admissions officers, at least in terms of what's being advertised currently. Other roles/more experience I suspect can bump it up a touch. That sort of salary certainly wouldn't suggest a degree role either, so just decent A-levels and on the job training would be provided as systems typically differ between universities.

I'd just whack it into google and you'll find some idea of responsibilities and the different types of jobs, and salaries.

Edit: Another example - postgrad admissions - couple of grand more. "Head of admissions" roles seem to carry more money, but again I imagine it's very much a role that comes with experience and you'll never get that at the start.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending