The Student Room Group

Best school trips

Scroll to see replies

Original post by happysmile
A-level physics trip to CERN in Switzerland!

Spoiler

they take our a-level physics students there every year :biggrin:
Primary school - some play (can't even remember what it was about but was fun with my friends)
- Wimmarleigh hall or something, activities and was fun

High school - Paris in year 8, was hella fun and some nice memories made

College - residental trip, managed to bring alcohol with us and had a great time
Year6 trip to Madame Tussauds or Barton Hall (devon)
or
Year9 trip to Wales
or
Year12 to Wrotham (even though this was all mainly revision, yeah trip for chemistry- was good though!)
Been on too many abroad and at home to recall, in any case safe to say the journey was always the best part :smile:
Trip to European Parliament in Brussels last year was excellent, as was the rugby tour to Portugal last Christmas. Went to Kraków three years ago for GCSE History: it was a great experience. There were others, but those three were the best.
Reply 25
Primary school: Sayers' Croft! It felt like a huge sleepover so that was pretty fun as an 11-year-old, plus we went on these really fun obstacle courses. Brings back so many memories :smile:

Secondary school: Germany. Out of the whole of Key Stage 3, only 5 of us year 9s decided to go on this trip for activities week. We has a great time nonetheless because we were quite close. The best parts were PhantasiaLand, the chocolate factory and staying up late talking about crap :smile:
Original post by James2810
Went to watch the Lion King on Thursday with sixth form. It was the most fun I've had in ages. Shame I had to sit next to the most annoying girl in sixth form. She wouldn't shut up all the way through the show.

We went to see Oliver! at the theatre when I was in year 9 or something! Theatre trips are the absolute best :biggrin: :biggrin:
Well last year I went to Belgium as a Year 9 history trip... Going again in June! :smile:
Beijing to Shanghai Easter Tour, went twice, once in 2011 and again last year, it was truly epic. Surprisingly affordable too.

Ironically my school's one of the crappiest ones in my area. (They have dodgy priorities)
Original post by jonathanemptage
what were the best school trips you went on in primary and secondary school mine were:

Primary either Godstone Farm a kind of farm for kids so they can learn about you know animals and things or Bristol Sea life Centre.

Secondary: The WW! battle fields it was a really cold day so you kind of understand how the soldiers felt and when you see all those graves mind blowing.

What's yours?

At the beginning of year 13, me and the other people who did a-level geography went to barmough in wales from monday to friday. We had so much fun it was unreal.
In primary school, we went to France

secondary school, we had the opportunity to go to Spain, but apparently no one wanted to go, so they canceled it. Instead we went to chesington/thorpe park
Also at college we went to the bullring in birmingham shopping at christmas.
Then in the second year we went to nottingham christmas and saw a pantomine there as well.
Original post by Naima_786
In primary school, we went to France

secondary school, we had the opportunity to go to Spain, but apparently no one wanted to go, so they canceled it. Instead we went to chesington/thorpe park

Thats better than my primary school trips.
Quite a few of them where a bit crap.
Original post by James2810
Went to watch the Lion King on Thursday with sixth form. It was the most fun I've had in ages. Shame I had to sit next to the most annoying girl in sixth form. She wouldn't shut up all the way through the show.

Sounds like me haha In forever commenting on what's happening but I'm getting better at sitting there with my mouth shut :')
Original post by Emma:-)
Thats better than my primary school trips.
Quite a few of them where a bit crap.

Yhh it was only allowed for year 6 students though...
Although I remember there was a trip to Gordon Brown (not the person) in year 5, but some of us couldn't go, so we went to the BBC instead, to create animations

yhh I miss primary school
Primary school, we went and made pizzas at pizza express.

I put anything I wanted on my pizza and no one could stop me. I had tuna and 4 different kinds of cheese. Then I went home and ate it for dinner :colonhash:
Primary school hmm probably activities week, we went to Isle Of Wight :smile:

Secondary school, hmm not really many trips but the only one I can remember is the trip to France for a day was quite fun and we went to a chocolate factory :3

Sixth form... Have we even been on any trips? Apart from the cinema for enrichment I don't think so.. That's actually quite sad to think :') BUT we might be going to the Freud museum with our new psychology teacher.. So yay?
Original post by Naima_786
Yhh it was only allowed for year 6 students though...
Although I remember there was a trip to Gordon Brown (not the person) in year 5, but some of us couldn't go, so we went to the BBC instead, to create animations

yhh I miss primary school

The primary school trips i remember included going to some farm which was interesting (not)
Original post by Emma:-)
The primary school trips i remember included going to some farm which was interesting (not)

Ooh I feel sorry for you ( or the old you)
They really didn't want you to enjoy school did they?
I have many favourites, but
one of them is Thinktank museum
in year 7.The science museum itself
was fun and informative, but seeing
the IMAX cinema for the first
time as a kid, was astounding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending