The Student Room Group

I have nowhere to revise

I have nowhere to study my bedroom is tiny and has no space for a desk also my living room and kitchen have no space for a desk and currently I'm doing homework on the floor and my local library has closed down and I need somewhere to revise for mocks in November and GCSEs in the summer what can I do ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Revise in bed, dream about the specs...
Original post by Daniel_1400
I have nowhere to study my bedroom is tiny and has no space for a desk also my living room and kitchen have no space for a desk and currently I'm doing homework on the floor and my local library has closed down and I need somewhere to revise for mocks in November and GCSEs in the summer what can I do ?

i don't know how efficient this would be but i know people like urself whose conditions at home weren't ideal to revise, they just revised at school after regular school finished in the school library. :smile:

hope this helps :h:
Reply 3
Not even space for a single desk the width of a chair? They don't have to be huge. Could study on your bed, at least that would be comfortable.

Is there any room in your house that isn't usually fully occupied? Try using that.
Also, you may not necessarily need a desk to revise, just a flat area to place your things, etc.
I got to a costa or Starbucks, free wifi, tables etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is totally me, I understand your pain, I do my homework on the floor too but sitting on the floor for hours can make your legs cramp up and feel all stiff and painful later.

Don't you have any tables in your house?
Original post by Nadja92
Not even space for a single desk the width of a chair? They don't have to be huge. Could study on your bed, at least that would be comfortable.

No, no, no. Touching my bed would just me me asking for trouble (and falling asleep)

Perhaps travel to go to another library?? I used to leave my house at 8 to arrive at this really large library in West London by 9.
Like an earlier post, head to a coffee shop etc. Ask for a glass of tap water, provided it's not busy they'll probably be indifferent to letting you hang around.
Reply 11
Original post by thecatwithnohat
No, no, no. Touching my bed would just me me asking for trouble (and falling asleep)

I guess it depends on the type of study, I couldn't write on my bed but I'd happily lay there to read.
I agree with those above, go to Costa or something. And stay in school as long as possible and take advantage of breaks. Are you sure you couldn't squeeze a tiny desk anywhere, or have a high sleeper with a desk underneath?
Original post by Nadja92
I guess it depends on the type of study, I couldn't write on my bed but I'd happily lay there to read.

I just feel like one's home can be full of so many distractions e.g. a full fridge, television etc.

It's just nice to get away, put your phone on airplane mode and surround yourself with people who are doing the same thing as you - revising. Then it'll motivate you more to concentrate and you'll get a lot more done.
Reply 14
Don't you have a library close to your house? I can revise at home too, I can hear the tv and stuff from downstairs

You can revise at your dining table if you need a desk. I also found revising content by teaching myself out loud with a book in the kitchen useful. Also you are able to walk around. If you do lots of revision you don't want to hang around in the same room for hours on end revising.
Reply 16
Find someone with a flat ass and use that as a table.
Original post by AzimH
Find someone with a flat ass and use that as a table.

LOL:laugh: I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!
Word of advice-- do not do you're work on you're bed you'll just fall asleep talking from experience (don't judge me)
Reply 19
Original post by hideNfreak
Word of advice-- do not do you're work on you're bed you'll just fall asleep talking from experience (don't judge me)

*judges you*

Quick Reply

Latest