The Student Room Group

Most overrated films

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
The Harry Potter films :colondollar:

#triggered
Agree with Gosford Park and The Wolf of Wall Street.

Also imo...

The Hurt Locker
Skyfall

:wink:
Original post by Changing Skies
The Harry Potter films :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:nooo:
I thought Reservoir Dogs was a pile of crap.

Original post by Student403
Mad Max: Fury Road

I literally fell asleep to this film.

In an iMax.
Original post by wdkmwd
The general public's answer to the question is

I hate you thats my fave film why do this
James Bond movie-franchise. Both the classics and the modern ones.
Original post by Tabstercat
you're so wrong

Its just my opinion buddy, i still enjoyed the movie but it wasnt flawless
Original post by TimmonaPortella

In an iMax.

Wow xD I couldn't because of the CGI which I thought was good. But imo good CGI can't make up for its crappy storyline. Without the effects I'd have been asleep too
Original post by LiquidGold
Prometheus.

I thought it was finishing so i started getting up but then it kept going. When it did eventually end my boyfriend said he'd never seen me move so fast haha

I'm not sure what the critical reception was but I loved this film
Original post by Student403
Wow xD I couldn't because of the CGI which I thought was good. But imo good CGI can't make up for its crappy storyline. Without the effects I'd have been asleep too

I think I nodded off when they did the big chase, and it looked like they were about to adventure off somewhere new, and then they literally turned around and did the exact same chase again.

The guy with the guitar and the fire tornados were quite cool, but, I agree, they're no replacement for a plot.
I think I nodded off when they did the big chase, and it looked like they were about to adventure off somewhere new, and then they literally turned around and did the exact same chase again.

The guy with the guitar and the fire tornados were quite cool, but, I agree, they're no replacement for a plot.

I thought for a short while it was a spoof with the electric guitar flamethrower. Like how could you get anymore tacky? XD
Original post by a noble chance
I'm not sure what the critical reception was but I loved this film

Big disappointment because it was dull and a bit silly. He's making at least 2 more though, so the story might make more sense.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
That's okay, we're all different; it'd be a boring world if we were all the same. Just so long as it's in your top 5.........:colonhash:

Lol probably in my top 30..
To say its overrated you should have to supply some 5* reviews of it. Ibe looked at a few of these lists and they are surprising.
Inception was on 1 , which made me lol.
Pulp Fiction
The Shawshank Redemption
Star Wars 7
FROZEN oh dear...i can't even speak about that, there's so many better Disney films. ..ie big hero 6 etc..

But frozen....what the xodsosopaotjeoeiroffoodod

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 999tigger
To say its overrated you should have to supply some 5* reviews of it. Ibe looked at a few of these lists and they are surprising.
Inception was on 1 , which made me lol.

A film can be rated two stars and still be considered overrated

In an iMax.

"I thought Reservoir Dogs was a pile of crap" bro resevoir dogs is one of the finest movies I've seen in my life. The intro scene I fell in love with, The subtle humour, twist and turns, fantasting cinematography and acting is why this movie is such perfection. Just because you personally didn't enjoy it doesn't make the movie underrated. You should definitely give it another go and watch it all the way through! You won't regret it! :smile:
Original post by a noble chance
A film can be rated two stars and still be considered overrated

Ofc but the marhing from also ran to turkey is much smaller. Im interested in things that were acclaimed, but for whatever reason the poster thought was pants.

Shiv Reservoir Dogs is one of the few Tarantino films I rate. Interesting choice because I find a lot of his films style over substance.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest