The Student Room Group

Choice for Uni Course

Right now im a sixth former in my first year so i shouldnt worry about uni yet but think about the different courses i could do just gets me kinda excited for uni. Ive narrowed my choices down to: animation, graphic design, art and design, fine art, concept art/design and video game art. But i really dont know which one to pick, im passionate about all these topics and subjects but i would like the opinion of others to help me choose my one and true course, ive also considered, University of Creative Arts, Univerdity of Leeds and South(something) and Thurrock University. Are they any good for these kinds of subjects?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Gulley
... University of Creative Arts, Univerdity of Leeds and South(something) and Thurrock University. Are they any good for these kinds of subjects?

I've moved your thread to the Art & Design forum. :smile:

But "Thurrock University"? Is that a college of FE?

And what A-Levels or equivalents are you doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gulley
Right now im a sixth former in my first year so i shouldnt worry about uni yet but think about the different courses i could do just gets me kinda excited for uni. Ive narrowed my choices down to: animation, graphic design, art and design, fine art, concept art/design and video game art. But i really dont know which one to pick, im passionate about all these topics and subjects but i would like the opinion of others to help me choose my one and true course, ive also considered, University of Creative Arts, Univerdity of Leeds and South(something) and Thurrock University. Are they any good for these kinds of subjects?

You should do an art foundation course first, the precise point of which is to give you a wide grounding in all aspects of art before guiding you towards creating a portfolio to apply for the pathway you prefer. Its purpose is to help you decide.
Original post by jneill
I've moved your thread to the Art & Design forum. :smile:

But "Thurrock University"? Is that a college of FE?

And what A-Levels or equivalents are you doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the OP may mean the Higher Education part of South Essex College? Most of the relevant courses seem to be based at the Southend campus, though, e.g. https://www.southessex.ac.uk/course/digital-animation-ba-hons .
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You should do an art foundation course first, the precise point of which is to give you a wide grounding in all aspects of art before guiding you towards creating a portfolio to apply for the pathway you prefer. Its purpose is to help you decide.

Indeed - forgot about that...
Original post by jneill
Indeed - forgot about that...

And I forgot to point out that it is free if you are under 19 at the start of it.

Quick Reply

Latest