The Student Room Group

My Boyfriend gives me the feeling I'm not good enough for him...

My Boyfriend and I are now together for 3 Months. I really do love him and it was all perfect but now he is starting to give me the feeling I wouldn't be good enough. He told me that he thinks one of my friends is the

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for 3 Months now. I am very happy and really do love him but he always gives me the feeling I wouldn't be good enough. Just yesterday he said that a very good friend of mine is the prettiest girl for him and perfect if he was just going for looks. I am sad and insecure. I told him that and he said he was just being honest. I don't know why he feels the need to give me that feeling. All I know is that it hurts. What should I do ?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louisa_xx
My Boyfriend and I are now together for 3 Months. I really do love him and it was all perfect but now he is starting to give me the feeling I wouldn't be good enough. He told me that he thinks one of my friends is the

the...
Reply 2
Sorry for the upper text :smile: Just read the one below , I am new here :smile:
Sorry for the upper text :smile: Just read the one below , I am new here :smile:

dump his ass
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
the...

sorry for that text.. I edited it again ind under the first text its the text you should read :smile:

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for 3 Months now. I am very happy and really do love him but he always gives me the feeling I wouldn't be good enough. Just yesterday he said that a very good friend of mine is the prettiest girl for him and perfect if he was just going for looks. I am sad and insecure. I told him that and he said he was just being honest. I don't know why he feels the need to give me that feeling. All I know is that it hurts. What should I do ?

Dump him.

He does not have respect for you or your relationship. He is such an idiot to say that your friend is prettier than you. He does not understand how women think.

My advice is to look for another person, who respects women and will respect you. If you think that he can change, then you should tell him how it makes you feel, when he makes you feel like an animal.

Good luck.
Original post by Wired_1800
Dump him.

He does not have respect for you or your relationship. He is such an idiot to say that your friend is prettier than you. He does not understand how women think.

My advice is to look for another person, who respects women and will respect you. If you think that he can change, then you should tell him how it makes you feel, when he makes you feel like an animal.

Good luck.

Plus she hasnt but much into the relationship than if they were together for years.
If hes saying stuff like someone else is perfect then he will probably cheat on her later.
Dump him. He doesnt care for your feelings and seems immature. Find someone who appreciates you. tell him he isnt good enough for you, then cut him off period.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Wired_1800
Dump him.

Good luck.

thank you. I don't want to dump him because at some moments he really does give me the feeling I am the only one for him. It's just that he doesn't do it often and what he said yesterday really hurt me. Do you think there is hope for our relationship ? I want to be with him and love him , that's for sure.
Original post by Anonymous
Plus she hasnt but much into the relationship than if they were together for years.
If hes saying stuff like someone else is perfect then he will probably cheat on her later.

True. For them to be 3 months into the relationship and he is telling her that her friend is prettier than her, means that he does not respect their relationship.

I hope she finds someone better before she damages her self-esteem and believe that all men are the same.
thank you. I don't want to dump him because at some moments he really does give me the feeling I am the only one for him. It's just that he doesn't do it often and what he said yesterday really hurt me. Do you think there is hope for our relationship ? I want to be with him and love him , that's for sure.

You have the answer. Do you want to live in such a bad relationship without the respect? Have a think about it and make your choice.

Good luck.
Reply 11
I should dump him , that's right. But also I don't want to give up on him that fast. Sometimes he is very sweet and sometimes he acts like I told you before. I talked to him and he said that looks aren't everything and he loves me for who I am inside and beauty won't stay forever. It's hard to forgive what he said yesterday because it hurt my feelings , that's for sure. Do you think he deserves a second chance to do it better ? Or should I dump him ?

I should dump him , that's right. But also I don't want to give up on him that fast. Sometimes he is very sweet and sometimes he acts like I told you before. I talked to him and he said that looks aren't everything and he loves me for who I am inside and beauty won't stay forever. It's hard to forgive what he said yesterday because it hurt my feelings , that's for sure. Do you think he deserves a second chance to do it better ? Or should I dump him ?

He sounds socially retarded :rolleyes: at him TBH..

I would dump him if you stay with him your bringing it on yourself :s-smilie: x
Reply 13
Original post by Northernlassie
He sounds socially retarded :rolleyes: at him TBH..

I would dump him if you stay with him your bringing it on yourself :s-smilie: x

your right , thanks :smile:

Sounds like you are a teenager.

You'll get over him.

What you will find harder to get over is a lasting idea that you are not going to be good enough for anyone.

Get rid.
(edited 7 years ago)
give me a chance
What kind of guy would say that to his girlfriend!:indiff: What an insensitive prat.

I agree with all who said dump him. Sounds like the kind of person who will lower your already crap self esteem and make you miserable. Giving him another chance is only like taking a headache pill for a brain tumor, what you want is the full op and be rid of.

Your knight in shining armour, take a chance on him before it goes rusty!
Reply 18

Leave him. he doesn't appreciate you and is so shallow that he only goes for looks and not the actual person. save yourself the heartbreak and find someone better

You are confused. Dont make excuses for him If you want to try and mend it then, then talk to him and give him a chance. If he transgresses again, then dump him.

He sounds like he speaks a load of rubbish and is immature, but you can hardly blame him for that. Imo he wont change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending