The Student Room Group

PGCE Maths Secondary Uni of Manchester INTERVIEW

Basically, I've been invited for an interview at UoM and I don't know what to expect. I'd really be grateful if someone could share their experiences.

For the teaching task do you have to present the topic yourself in front of others, or it's just a teamwork exercise to analyse how you work in teams? ('You will be required to engage in a small group teaching task conducted with other candidates')

How hard is the maths test and what topics did it cover?

Thank you so much!
Reply 1
Original post by y0_3mma
Basically, I've been invited for an interview at UoM and I don't know what to expect. I'd really be grateful if someone could share their experiences.

For the teaching task do you have to present the topic yourself in front of others, or it's just a teamwork exercise to analyse how you work in teams? ('You will be required to engage in a small group teaching task conducted with other candidates':wink:

Thank you so much!

I've not had an interview at UoM but the tests at my 3 interviews ranged from GCSE Foundation to the hardest GCSE higher questions.

I'd say they're testing to see how you teach and if you've got potential to teach. Not about team work.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Hi, i have an interview soon at Uni of Machester for the English PGCE. How did your interview go? What did you have to do for the teaching task?
Reply 3
Hi there! I hope all went well for you. I have an interview on 20/07 for maths PGCE and I was hoping you could tell me what the day consisted of and how the interview questions were. Did you deliver the lesson in a group or as an individual?

Thanks a lot!!
Reply 4
Original post by Safia.MA
Hi there! I hope all went well for you. I have an interview on 20/07 for maths PGCE and I was hoping you could tell me what the day consisted of and how the interview questions were. Did you deliver the lesson in a group or as an individual?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi,

I'm planning on applying to the maths PGCE at UoM in Autumn for the 2017/18 year and I was just wondering if you could give me any tips for my application/ information on what your interview was like?
Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by y0_3mma

For the teaching task do you have to present the topic yourself in front of others, or it's just a teamwork exercise to analyse how you work in teams? ('You will be required to engage in a small group teaching task conducted with other candidates':wink:

Thank you so much!

Hi,

I'm planning on applying to the maths PGCE at UoM in Autumn for the 2017/18 year and I was just wondering if you could give me any tips for my application/ information on what your interview was like?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending