The Student Room Group

How nervous are you for the exam tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
For those doing of mice and men there is a good chance of us getting a question about Lennies Death as we are the last year to do of mice and men also that question has never came up before
The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that I'm not worried. I've got a high A* for coursework but if I get like 0 on the exam what would I get overall?
Anyone doing Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls?
Original post by MeerabBieber
Same. I'm worried that I won't finish both essays in time and that they won't be of good quality.

Forget that, I'm scared I won't even write one good paragraph :s-smilie::frown:

Timings aren't really an issue for me as when planned well I can normally finish with 5/10mins spare (in class).

The root of all my problems is a lack of ideas - I always get stumped by the questions and spend 10mins trying to figure out my first point (eeek). Only then do I struggle with timings.

Crossing everything for a simple character questions eg. how is so and so presented... - not anything specific like how is so and so presented as selfish
Original post by Monsor
8;
Seriously if AQA mess me over with their devilish questions i will put my head on the desk and realise how much of a mess my life is.. Help me with the lit exam pm me with your paragraph structures

We were taught to do our paragraphs PQA - point quote analysis.
Eg. How is so and so presented?

So and so is presented as POINT. This is shown through the FEATURE (eg. Description, stage direction) 'QUOTE '. ANALYSIS (remember try and write a lot about just one quote)

For AIC include 'Priestely wanted to present so and so like this in order to...' (So you can get marks for priestleys intention)

For OMAM link to context throughout! 'This reflects society in 1930s America as....'
Original post by Jellyfish235
Anyone doing Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls?

Yeah I am
Reply 46
I'm worried about my time keeping 😩
Reply 47
I'm mostly just worried about remembering quotes from Of Mice and Men 😅
If ya think you guys are nervous, I'm about 10x more nervous for my AS physics exam on Tuesday. :3
I'm SO worried about tomorrow!!! I'm probably off the scale scared (-100!!) I am an A grade student but I got a D in my mocks... I just want to get a good grade and be able to get into sixth form :/ I've got A*s in my controlled assessments so hopefully that will boost my mark up?¿?
5. (Humblebrag alert) I've literally never not got full marks in an English exam - but I am always SOOO nervous for them. This is the real deal. If something comes up that I'm not confident on I'm ****ed. I love English, my entire future is based around it, and I am shaking so badly, oh my God... Yes, I'm freaked!
I'm just praying Something old something new does not come up or else I will walk out the exam room.
Reply 52
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aqa is giving all different questions
Has anyone not revised at all??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm worried but not scared, so maybe 4/10
Some themes I'm very prepared for, but some I really am not. I hate the passage analysis too.
Original post by Lalahur
For those doing of mice and men there is a good chance of us getting a question about Lennies Death as we are the last year to do of mice and men also that question has never came up before

Your prediction was right, Lennie's death did come up in the paper! How'd you guess that it would be him?
Reply 56
Original post by MeerabBieber
It is the well awaited and dreaded GCSE English Literature exam tomorrow. How confident do you guys feel about it on a scale of 1-10? Do you think you will do good or are you nervous that you may mess up.

I'm mostly worried about timing and essay structure and getting a good grade. What about you?

By the way, good luck to everyone taking this exam!

we already did it ....?!!!
Original post by mlkef
we already did it ....?!!!

i know. Read my previous post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending