The Student Room Group

What will you do if you don't get the grades you want?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChocolateCosmos
I'll go stab a goat in Somerset, and then remove every inch of skin on the examiners body, and then pour the sheep's blood on their head. Then roast them in a fire over the blown up Edexcel buildings. And then share their meat with my fellow failing comrades.
In all seriousness
My situation of failure is dodgy.. I've predicted myself too highly. Been hopping from thread to thread complaining about my utter procrastination. And then I expect to get 12A*s and 2As, officially pledging to eat my own feces if I get below 10A*s.

yhh I set myself that too, but it seems so unrealistic either things are easy or I haven't worked hard enough - i guess we don't feel as confident because we have't put in the excess time.
Original post by Martins1
That's harsh but English is very subjective I guess. Did you do the English Language paper about the ice skating? If so, how'd you find it?

Ice skating...............? Am I missing something here? I'm sure the paper was about coasts and Bear Grylls?

And the paper was ok, I just feel like I let myself down with the timing :frown:
Original post by Martins1
Yeah, dedication is definitely key!

My best friend is a brilliant artist currently going through the GCSE - he has done so much work. I went to see his work and he has done five whole books of drawings, as opposed to the two of most the other art students. I really hope he will get an A* because he definitely deserves it and has done so much work for it - his dedication is unparallelled, he spent the whole of easter drawing and painting! I know one girl who got 100% in the exam (considering A* is 98% it still seems like she scraped it...) and it was due to lots of talent. Art is very subjective too - but i think whether I like it or not, markers can recognise good art pieces and good skills, especailly with a wide plethora of art work.

I get you but it just seems so annoying and time consuming. I would honestly rather focus on my other subjects than waste time on something that I greatly dislike and don't intend to take in the future.

I don't know how these people do it. 100% seems crazy! Wow, her work must be amazing!
The sweet release of death would be nice. I'd go crazy if I had to stay back a year. Although maybe I could use it as an opportunity to move to a mixed college. I've been in a guys only school for so long that I've forgotten how lessons with girls were like. Plus I have 0 female friends right now
I think i'd go into depression and hide away
BUT I would then do my best in my A Levels
Original post by MeerabBieber
Ice skating...............? Am I missing something here? I'm sure the paper was about coasts and Bear Grylls?

And the paper was ok, I just feel like I let myself down with the timing :frown:

I did iGCSE, so i guess you did GCSE - different papers then. Don't know about your course, but ours is harshly marked. Very. I'm sure you will be fine, sounds like you did well!

I get you but it just seems so annoying and time consuming. I would honestly rather focus on my other subjects than waste time on something that I greatly dislike and don't intend to take in the future.

I don't know how these people do it. 100% seems crazy! Wow, her work must be amazing!

His, and it is. I have already got him to sign his artwork for me so i can sell it for millions later on! :wink:
Original post by caitlinford3
I'll still be on my course (hopefully) because I'm aiming for A*s but only need B's and an A in maths to get onto the course, but I'll be ridiculously disappointed considering I've missed parties, going out etc all for revision since January / February so I don't want to have put in sooo much work and not get what I want out.

i got 16 A*s and did an AS early in arabic which I got an A in.
its really easy honestly and i didn't revise.
i'll make sure that i put my heart and soul in making sure that my a level grades are much better to overshadow my gcse grades:smile:
get flipping deported mate I better be getting them As and A*s
ill probably be upset, not for myself but the expectations my parents put on me. Then, look for a different route.
I will commit Seppuku probably or at least try. Pressure of school and parents is too heavy.
Reply 51

I got an A* in art after being predicted a B
Original post by Prussia
I got an A* in art after being predicted a B

That's amazing! :awesome:

How did you do it?
I need an A* in maths, an A* in computing and an A* in chemistry (I consistently get A*s in practice papers and I got a fairly good going by the unofficial markschemes… that'll be fine)
I cried because I did not get my desired SAT's results, never mind my GCSE results this year, haha. But, everything happens for a reason and I will try my best to stay calm!
Reply 55
Original post by DontSweatIt
It would go something like this

By Southern Railway standards the train would be cancelled.
I'd cry and weep, I honestly hope I get that A particularly in Maths though, since I messed up really bad and the only reason I need it is solely because I want to take it in college, preferably an A* but it's impossible pretty much, I can't get it, and having expensive tuition for so many years,especially for GCSE's
During this exam season, many people's expectations have either increased or lowered tragically. Some, such as myself have already come to the conclusions that we haven't performed to our standard and have instead done terribly. Yet the only time we can actually decide this is on the dreaded day of 25th August. So I want to know what your reaction will be if you don't get the grades you want? Will it change your entire life course? Will you cry? Will you even care?

same as most others to be honest.
I need a C in English, B in maths, biology, geography & chemistry to get back next year. Although I hope to get...

A*A*A*A*A*A*AB
probably won't be that stellar but it certainly isn't impossible.
That nasty B is in ICT. I hate GCSE ICT so much it isn't even healthy.

Quick Reply

Latest