The Student Room Group

And a happy Independence Day to everyone... :D

Scroll to see replies

Yay! I really didn't expect this!
I'm actually impressed that so many people in the UK voted to leave the EU. I was sure that Obama and the US Banks had intimidated everyone into voting to remain a few days ago.

I don't really know what the economic impact will be, but I am glad to see that so many of you value your sovereignty enough to accept the potential consequences of leaving the EU. There should be principles people stand for that are more important than wealth alone. Sacrificing that degree of political control over one's own country for money just doesn't sound like a good trade.

You've sent a strong message today, and I like that message. I just hope it inspires other countries and other people to fight back against systems like the EU. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if the EU were dissolved.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I wonder if people will sing the National Anthem every 24th of June from now on to celebrate independence...

Jeremy Corbyn won't haha
Original post by *Stefan*
They thought this was 'scaremonging' before. As bad as I feel to say this, it will be an enjoyable experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It obviously wasn't. The leave campaign just knew that the reality of the situation didn't support them so told people to ignore the facts because who needs experts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
Long face bcos Brexit is racist armageddon where Farage and Trump unleash WWIII and even worse say very nasty things to people

I can never tell if you are joking or not :biggrin:
Well done Britain. We can use our new found freedom to become the largest country in Europe.

Reply 26
Original post by tanyapotter
I feel bad for the poor working class demographic of Brexiters who will undoubtedly suffer the most from this, because they put their faith in a plan from which they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose. This is a sad, sad day.

Most poor working class people in this country don't have a lot to lose.

Thats partly why they voted for leave of course.
Happy Independence Day to you all

Time to make today a national holiday in celebration
RIP United Kingdom
triggered
Reply 30
Is this actually going to become a holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d14m
Is this actually going to become a holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's hardly an Independence Day, Britain was always a sovereign state

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Thanks, but let's not get carrier away, this is, in reality, something of a sombre occasion

I was just making a semi provocative post; not being entirely serious. (Well not being serious period.)

It is, and you were right to make a post about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Praise be to the Lord!
Original post by Naveed-7
You too mate. We did it and we CAN do it.

What are your thoughts on the pound dropping by 10%?
**** off

Never been so pissed off before
Original post by Lord Samosa
**** off

Never been so pissed off before

Woop Woop Woop.

BrexitForTheWinAlways. Freedom and democracy.
What is this ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending