The Student Room Group

Homeschool / self study I CAN HELP-ASK ME ANYTHING

Hi I am being homeschooled; ask me anything!!
Reply 1
Any reasons you choose to be home-schooled? What subjects do you study?
Original post by catgirlcatgirl
Hi I am being homeschooled; ask me anything!!

I'm not homeschooled, but i intend to teach myself A2 over the summer. Any tips on how you organise what you learn each day?
Original post by BobSausage
Any reasons you choose to be home-schooled? What subjects do you study?

It was a chose between homeschool or referal school......... I have an anxiety disorder witch made it very difficult to go to school, so my old school decided it was a good idea to try and send me to 'naughty school'
Reply 4
Original post by BR2671999
I'm not homeschooled, but i intend to teach myself A2 over the summer. Any tips on how you organise what you learn each day?

thats such a good idea... I was planning on doing this last year and only ended up doing a few chapters of core 3... I would just go through the textbooks ( if applicable ) and then set yourself a goal e.g. complete this chapter in the next two weeks ect :smile:
What are your career plans?
Original post by fefssdf
thats such a good idea... I was planning on doing this last year and only ended up doing a few chapters of core 3... I would just go through the textbooks ( if applicable ) and then set yourself a goal e.g. complete this chapter in the next two weeks ect :smile:

I'm doing it so i can just revise in september and to persuade my sixth form to let me continue my 4 subjects.

It seemed to work last year, but then i only self taught Core 1 :biggrin:

Well you need to set your self a clear target for how much you are going to learn eg. I am going to learn x in x days
It also can be helpful to find a good website so that you dont spend too long trying to find reasources!!
Reply 8
I'm doing it so i can just revise in september and to persuade my sixth form to let me continue my 4 subjects.

It seemed to work last year, but then i only self taught Core 1 :biggrin:

ah yeh i tried to self teach c1 but couldn't understand it... go for it mate - I'm gonna self study further maths A2 soon so i have a head start if i end up on a gap year..
Original post by InvestmentBankin
What are your career plans?

I want to emigrate to germany and study medicien, studying in germany is free!!!
What is the friends situation? Do you ever feel lonely? Homeschooling sounds really interesting, but I think that would bother me the most. :biggrin:
Original post by draculaura
What is the friends situation? Do you ever feel lonely? Homeschooling sounds really interesting, but I think that would bother me the most. :biggrin:
Hi I know this comment is over 2 years old but I'm also homeschooled and have been my whole life so I thought I could try to answer your question. I personally find it hard make friend not because of homeschooling but due to really bad social anxiety. With homeschooling you just have to make a little bit of effort to make friends what has seemed to work for me is to go to a lot of like classes such as musical theater or dance be cause I love those things so I have something in common with the kids there. Also there are organized homeschool groups where basically we meet up with other homschoolers from around the country and we just hang out. As far as feeling lonely I have to make sure I have a good support system in place but most of the time I don't get to lonely. Also side note thanks for being so positive about homeschooling a lot of people are very negative and skeptical which is totally fine everyone is entitled to there own opinion...but still thanks :smile:.
what would happen if you carried out a school shooting?
It was a chose between homeschool or referal school......... I have an anxiety disorder witch made it very difficult to go to school, so my old school decided it was a good idea to try and send me to 'naughty school'

naughty skl?
I want to emigrate to germany and study medicien, studying in germany is free!!!

dont you get bored or lonely?
Lol I homeschool/self taught aswell!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest