The Student Room Group

What would you say has to be the easiest GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, definitely GCSE ICT. I admit right now I did not revise for the exam for a single second. On the last few mocks I got an A* every time. The coursework was so easy it was boring.
Original post by tsh2001
I found music really hard. After the summer I'm in year 11; I hated it so much that I've dropped it and I am now taking an EDCL course (skills based IT, rather than computing). It didn't help that the new teacher was unhelpful and rude, and she had her favourites, and it was easy to tell that I wasn't one of them!

Fair enough. I guess having a bad teacher doesn't help anything! I think I have been at an advantage as I can already read music and understand the theory we have to learn. The fact that I enjoy it so much helps too :smile:
Hey, I'll be in year 11 after the summer too! Are you on the current year 10 thread?
I don't know if they still do it but Citizenship. Half the paper was multiple choice and the rest was common sense lol :tongue:
Original post by Maryam_Alayha14
Business studies edexcel

Agree - 60% coursework and exam is either multiple choice or exam technique with only one or two longer questions
Original post by elizarablog
For me it was textiles as coursework was 60% and the exam was easy

Same with business
Mine was Additional Physics P2 for Edexcel
Original post by anojan
maths and re

What's re?
Original post by 2000rules
What's re?

Religious education
Original post by saladays
Yes, definitely GCSE ICT. I admit right now I did not revise for the exam for a single second. On the last few mocks I got an A* every time. The coursework was so easy it was boring.

What exam board were you for ICT? I was on Edexcel, and I agree that it was extremely easy, but I really enjoyed the coursework! (Even more so when I found out I got an A*in it!! :wink:)
Reply 109
Original post by 2000rules
What's re?

Religious Studies
Original post by chloecrazy
What exam board were you for ICT? I was on Edexcel, and I agree that it was extremely easy, but I really enjoyed the coursework! (Even more so when I found out I got an A*in it!! :wink:)

Yep, Edexcel. And congrats on the A*! :-)
For me it was geography OCR to be specific. I got 100 UMS in all my papers and was my highest UMS total by far and it wasn't exactly a subject I prioritised...
Original post by saladays
Yep, Edexcel. And congrats on the A*! :-)

Thank you!! I'm sure you will do well too!
Almost everyone in my class said they found the exam difficult? It's good to find someone that found it quite easy!! :smile:
Original post by 2016_GCSE
For me it has to be GCSE ICT, The coursework is rubbish but the exams are super easy.

RS is really easy, you don't really need to know anything. Same with english lit, english lang, food and spanish!:smile:
Reply 114
With recent technological advances I think most our organs will be replaced by robotic parts and allow us to live far longer.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
For me it has to be GCSE ICT, The coursework is rubbish but the exams are super easy.

Business. 99% of TSR could do it without revision and get an A*, the other 1% just have a bad memory and would still get an A.

Quick Reply

Latest