The Student Room Group

Should I Get AQA Chemistry Remarked?

C1 = 84 UMS
C2 = 93 UMS
C3 = 86 UMS
C4 (ISA) = 93 UMS

That means that overall I got 356/360 which is annoying af. Do you think I can get the extra 4 UMS if I get one of my exams remarked to get an A*? I heard that science exams are hardly ever marked up, but if they include a lot of "essay" writing (lots of 4, 5, 6 markers) the chance of getting extra marks would be increased.

If I should get it remarked, which exam would be the best one to remark? C1, C2 or C3?

Thank you
Original post by Yagami Lightuh
C1 = 84 UMS
C2 = 93 UMS
C3 = 86 UMS
C4 (ISA) = 93 UMS

That means that overall I got 356/360 which is annoying af. Do you think I can get the extra 4 UMS if I get one of my exams remarked to get an A*? I heard that science exams are hardly ever marked up, but if they include a lot of "essay" writing (lots of 4, 5, 6 markers) the chance of getting extra marks would be increased.

If I should get it remarked, which exam would be the best one to remark? C1, C2 or C3?

Thank you

If you want to risk your money go for it, but realistically speaking especially based on the new remarking system, its very unlikely your grades will change, especially for quite an objective subject such as chemistry.

Do you need the A* for any particular reason? or is it just for self satisfaction/ social satisfaction?
Original post by MathSci1999
If you want to risk your money go for it, but realistically speaking especially based on the new remarking system, its very unlikely your grades will change, especially for quite an objective subject such as chemistry.

Do you need the A* for any particular reason? or is it just for self satisfaction/ social satisfaction?

Both - I don't want to be so close to an A* and miss out, and it's nice to say that I have another A* rather than an A

Quick Reply

Latest