The Student Room Group

EY and 2.2. Do they really accept?

Sine last year, EY removed entry requirements for majority of its roles. I got a 2.2 in my 2nd year and although, I can still graduate with a 2.1 since I only need 63% in my final year, I believe I am a predicted 2.2 at this point and companies ask for your exam results if you were to receive an offer I believe? . Hence, I was wondering if EY has really recruited anyone who didn't have a 2.1 for their 2016 intake? That'll be good to know.

On the website, they do say they won't screen anyone out because of their grades but wanted to know how many people actually got through?

Many thanks.
I don't personally know anyone with a 2:2 who got a job with them, but I will say that in order to still be considered alongside students with higher grades, you will need to have an excellent cv.
As you mentioned in your initial post, they don't stipulate grades any more. They're looking for an individual who fits their values, rather than how you achieved in your final year exams. EY's vacancy page states they're only looking for a graduate with an 'honours' degree, no mention of grades are stated.
One of my course-mates who just graduated was averaging a 2:2 by the end of second year and he secured a graduate scheme with Deloitte - and also went on to get a 1st in final year giving him a 2:1 overall - . I've learned that academia can only get you so far with these applications, you need to have an edge that you can bring to the firm. Just give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose (ugh, how I hate that saying!).
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes. I know someone who is an E/Y scholar and he finished his 3 year degree in economics with a 2:2. Will haunt him for future careers outside E/Y though.
Thanks everyone for sharing some insights. I may have been too late to reply to some of you but I really appreciate it. I'd rather start working once I graduate than having to work part time and simultaneously apply for Graduate Schemes after I graduate. I believe that option will always be there if I don't land a graduate scheme this year. Thank you all again.
I know someone that got a 2:2 from UCL in Economics.

It's possible it's just harder.

Original post by alexjones1994
Yes. I know someone who is an E/Y scholar and he finished his 3 year degree in economics with a 2:2. Will haunt him for future careers outside E/Y though.

once you have experience your grade no longer matters unless you're applying for entry level stuff again.
Original post by alexjones1994

Typical TSR fallacy - grades mean jack all for anything other than the next step.

Once you have several years of work experience, firms will look at how you performed there. Not if you got a 2:1 or a 2:2.
Reply 8
I got a 2.2 in Business and Management, and I have received an offer for EY. I've also got an MSc though from QMUL so maybe that helps. Also, I was 1% off a 2.1 so maybe that added to it also!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending