The Student Room Group

So do I have 15 GCSEs or 18 GCSES?

Now, this may seem like a stupid question, but on the other side of the argument- there is no such thing as a stupid question, as the expression goes.

So, I was wondering what I would constitute as a GCSE, for example on my UCAS application or whenever I may need to know them otherwise; I have multiple GCSEs which could be considered "accreditations", such as Use of Maths.
Use of Maths itself counts as one GCSE altogether, but each of the individual components, of which there are three, count towards a GCSE.

So, would I write Use of Maths: A* as one individual GCSE or is it safe to regard each individual accreditation?

For the record, under this theory of each 'accreditation' or 'qualification', I have 18 qualifications, but I technically only have 15 GCSEs [including a BTEC].

What would I call a 'GCSE' then? Does a BTEC count as a GCSE grade or just another qualification?

Any answers would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
What did you study?
Original post by RedSquirrels
What did you study?

English Language (B)
English Literature (B)
Maths (A)
Biology (C)
Physics (B)
Chemistry (B)
French (A*)
Latin (C)
Drama (B)
Sociology (A)
Geography (B)
General Studies (A)
Music BTEC (Pass C)
Use of Maths (A* in Finance and Core, A in Shape so A* overall)
TLM IT User Skills (A*)

For A Level, I'm doing English Language, French, Drama and Classical Civilisation
Reply 3
Use of Maths (which is a Level 2 certificate) and BTEC (level 2) are GCSE equivalents, not GCSEs per se. You would write 'Level 2 Use of Maths' as one qualification.
Reply 4
You have 12 GCSEs and 3 level 2 qualifications (TLM IT User Skills is also a level 2 GCSE equivalent.)
Original post by Clemm101
You have 12 GCSEs and 3 level 2 qualifications (TLM IT User Skills is also a level 2 GCSE equivalent.)

Well that's rather depressing. But thanks for the breakdown anyhow.
Either way, I can count them all as qualifications?
Reply 6
You certainly can and level 2 qualifications carry just as much weight as GCSEs - so not at all depressing!
Reply 7
You certainly can and level 2 qualifications carry just as much weight as GCSEs - so not at all depressing!

In fact VERY impressive. Well done!
In fact VERY impressive. Well done!

Thank you!
Too many... You have too many.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Too many... You have too many.

One can never have too many grades.

Quick Reply

Latest