The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 12syx
When is the earliest you can receive an offer?

Based on last year, I think sometime in November.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 381
Original post by 12syx
Same~
There are people getting early offers from Warwick so just wondering if anyone get early ones from LSE

The earliest LSE offers last year were in early November
Reply 382
Original post by Fbiemad
Yes, you need to mention the UMS marks for both Maths and Further Maths if you are applying for Economics.

Yes, you must even if you are retaking! You should right your current marks in UCAS and then also write the same module again and put the grade as "pending". This will show them that you achieved a certain grade, but you are retaking it.
If they find that you have hided a certain grade, it will not look good at all and they "might" even reject you.

About the not cashed in grades, do you mean the linear subjects which don't have AS anymore? If it is the linear grades, then I think they said you do not have to mention it, but your teachers can do in their reference. (I do not know much about the new syllabuses in A-Levels, since I already achieved my grades, so I can't help you much on that area, if thats what you were asking about) :smile:

No, I just mean I didn't get a certificate for my grades yet.
Original post by BECK!!
Me too! I guess its normal then?

I got mine yesterday morning :smile:
I think it was due to it being the weekend - as soon I opened my emails yesterday morning i had all 5 conformation emails.
Has yours come yet? :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by greys-anatomy
I got mine yesterday morning :smile:
I think it was due to it being the weekend - as soon I opened my emails yesterday morning i had all 5 conformation emails.
Has yours come yet? :smile:

Yeah I got my acknowledgement about an hour after my reply haha~
Original post by Lauren1498x
I applied on the 7th and still only have the acknowledgment email :s-smilie:

It depends on the admission tutor. Some will do their assessments as they receive the UCAS applications where as other will wait for i.e every 50 then assess them. I've been told they also do it in bands. I.e all A* and A students at GCSE get assessed first. But i think they do the bulk assessment instead of a First round approach.
Can anyone advise me on whether I should bother applying?
My other choices are ucl, kings, Warwick, Bham and maybe nots if not lse.
I got AAAB at AS and 4A*s 6As 1B at GCSE.
AAC at A level in maths econ and further maths
Retaking the C and taking history to A2
Want to apply to international relations and history
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bella909
Just trying to see if anyone has got an email about their application undergoing initial assessment-have only received confirmation so far :/

Hi, I'm applying for IR and History, submitted on 13/10/16, got my confirmation on 14/10/16 and my 'initial review' email on 24/10/16
Original post by NoahMal
It depends on the admission tutor. Some will do their assessments as they receive the UCAS applications where as other will wait for i.e every 50 then assess them. I've been told they also do it in bands. I.e all A* and A students at GCSE get assessed first. But i think they do the bulk assessment instead of a First round approach.

Hmm maybe I have good grades so I guess I'll just have to wait :/
Reply 389
Does anyone know how competitive it will be once we reach the further assessment stage? My course is 8:1 according to the website (maths with econ) and I wanted to know what we will be assessed from now on,,,
Original post by JaiCurtis
Hi, I'm applying for IR and History, submitted on 13/10/16, got my confirmation on 14/10/16 and my 'initial review' email on 24/10/16

I'm applying for IR and History too :smile: I finally got my initial review email yesterday as well, good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BECK!!
No, I just mean I didn't get a certificate for my grades yet.

If you took an official exam, then you need to mention it.
Example: Even people who take STEP (which is an extra exam for some maths applicants are told to mention their grades in it even if they messed up).
Have any Economics applicants heard back from LSE after submitting their UMS form?
Just send in my application for Bsc Finance

Now I can finally focus on my A levels (Singapore student here :frown: A level starting in two weeks time)
Original post by Leporisa

Now I can finally focus on my A levels (Singapore student here :frown: A level starting in two weeks time)

Good luck! I'm sure you'll smash them :smile:

Hey there I am applying for bsc finance too. Atlast I got a company

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by christy98
Good luck! I'm sure you'll smash them :smile:

Thank you ! good luck for both of us:h::h:
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
Hey there I am applying for bsc finance too. Atlast I got a company

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes we have talked before. Have you sent in your application? :smile: I bet our wait will be longer than most of our friends because Finance is kind of new. They need more time to assess all the applicants before deciding who to send the offer

Nevertheless good luck!
Yes we have talked before. Have you sent in your application? :smile: I bet our wait will be longer than most of our friends because Finance is kind of new. They need more time to assess all the applicants before deciding who to send the offer

Nevertheless good luck!

Actually you might hear sooner since the number of applicants is less.
However, they give out offers in small groups. Usually they responded on Thursdays and Fridays.

Last year, there were days that they just rejected people and days when they just gave out offers. It was very stressing. :biggrin:

Nevertheless good luck!

Yeah! I had send off my application by 12th of this month

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending