The Student Room Group

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chris22
The majority of things people are complaining about that kids today do, some kids from our generation did the same. Not the majority in either case, but do you really think that no kids were cheeky to the older kids in school 8-10 years ago?

Exactly, some of the comments here are downright bizarre.

This isn't a new occurrence.

When i was 13 (in 2002) i did similar things and saw other 13 years old acting like "brats".

Year 7 boys talking about girls?

Wow, shocker!

We did the same ffs.

When i was in Year 7 i don't remember many collecting ****in Doctor Who cards or equivalent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by spiral1
I totally agree with you....im in year 12 aswell and the other day i was just thinking about how times have changed and i remember when i was younger i used to love watching programmes like raven on cbbc or jeopardy..what happened to amazing shows like that rather than the rubbish on nowadays.....i mean what the hell is "big time rush"

It's just nostalgia, kids shows are all nostalgia.

To some early 90s kids they would of looked at Raven and said "What's this ****" and then start saying remember Saved by the bell and when kids shows were good.

Even me, your what 17? I look at shows like Raven and Jeopardy and think shows like Kenan and Kel and Byker Grove were much better kids shows in the 90s than what your used to when you were 12.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MrHappy_J
Justin Beiber, Hannah Montanna and Selena Gomez isn't helping.

Every generation has faggot teen stars who won't go away.

We had all those awful boybands everywhere when i was growing up...no different to the Montana, Gomez lot we have now.

We had young Britney being annoying and co.
Calm down grandpa. Pretty sure rude unruly children are nothing knew. Our generation had them as did generations before that.
Original post by bhogs001
This sums up my primary school days:

2000-2006:

1. Played tonnes of football. If there wasnt a football, we used to get sticks/odd shaped stones and we used to play very seriously.

2. Pokemon and yu gi oh cards. NOT TO MENTION BEYBLADES?!

3. Family tag.

Well if you left Junior School in 2006 your still young, lol.
Original post by scriggy
I have very little to do with 'kids' tbh so I can't really comment, but the world is so different now from when I started high school it's almost unbelievable. (And I'm only 20 :P)

I clearly remember people bringing cassette players to school; I think my family got our first computer when I was 9; I only got my first games console when I was 12 (until then I made do with my gameboy colour, good times); I didn't have a mobile phone until I was 13; I didn't have anything to do with the internet until high school, and I only used it to communicate with friends when I was 14... There's probably much more.

Anyway, my point is, Kids these days have so much more than we had, though whether it's for the best is highly debatable.

If a 30 year old read what you just said he'd be like "wow you had internet and phones at school?" :eek:
Sometimes things are odd.
Ha, I can rememebr being young once :rolleyes:, well I say once I am 23 and I swear the difference between me and my younger brother and sister is massive.

I can remember good TV shows like pokemon, digimon, yu-gi-oh (then later Avatar or from very early the hurricanes, captain planet). But the things they have now do fail by comparrison. Tracy Beaker or Icarly for example. What happened to stuff like Chums from SMTV live or the fake pokemon battles they did. I still pee myself laughing when my brother does the "misty" voice that dec used to do on SMTV live.

My first mobile at 14 was a nokia 5110 (i think) I still have it as a back up and it still works unlike my many other phones since then, even if it does give me headaches to use it :smile:
Next you'll be complaining they play their music too loud and that it isn't even music, it's just noise.
Reply 189
Original post by for_healing_only

I can remember good TV shows like pokemon, digimon, yu-gi-oh

Those are not good kids tv shows. Good kids tv shows were He-man, Thundercats, the A-team, Jason and the Wheeled Warriors, Dungeons and Dragons, Ghostbusters...
Reply 190
Original post by py0alb
Those are not good kids tv shows. Good kids tv shows were He-man, Thundercats, the A-team, Jason and the Wheeled Warriors, Dungeons and Dragons, Ghostbusters...

Bet you lot are all way too young to remember the Demon Headmaster etc. That was bloody terrifying!

Anyway, when I was in 6th form, we all said the lower years were ruder and had less respect than we did when we were in year 7 etc. 10 years on (yes, I am that old!) I don't actually think the situation has changed that much. Some kids behave far worse than I would ever have dreamed of, but the same was true of my own peer group at the time.
Reply 191
Original post by Helenia
Bet you lot are all way too young to remember the Demon Headmaster etc. That was bloody terrifying!

Anyway, when I was in 6th form, we all said the lower years were ruder and had less respect than we did when we were in year 7 etc. 10 years on (yes, I am that old!) I don't actually think the situation has changed that much. Some kids behave far worse than I would ever have dreamed of, but the same was true of my own peer group at the time.

That was quite scary I agree. He-man could also be pretty scary at times, especially if you read the little comics that came with the figures. I can still remember some ghostbusters episodes that were pretty terrifying for a 10 year old kid. As for Mum-Ra...

Kids tv needs to be scary. We've just got a generation of namby pampys nowadays brought up on pokemon and disney cartoons.

When I was in 6th form we were told we weren't allowed to beat up the junior school kids anymore if they were cheeky. Apparently it was "old-fashioned". Thats clearly were it all started to go wrong.
it's because schoolkids (or 'school****', as I call them) are all little chav ****s these days
(edited 12 years ago)
I've never liked kids, wasn't even one myself. Kids these days need a good slap on the bac
Original post by Helenia

Oh my gosh! Demon headmaster and are you afraid of the dark? .. Gave me nightmares!
Best to grow up in the early 90's!

When Simpsons was on BBC2! And fresh prince!
Jungle run, How2, Rosie and Jim, SMTV! Live&kicking (probably get sued for a name like that these days!) land before time, zappp!, chucklevision! Rugrats!
Reply 196
I always wanted our school to be on 50:50. We never made it :frown:

My sister, who is 7 years younger than me has friends who fake tan, backcomb their hair to stupid heights and wear far too much make-up. Urgh.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by Kaytti
I always wanted our school to be on 50:50. We never made it :frown:

My sister, who is 7 years younger than me has friends who fake tan, backcomb their hair to stupid heights and wear far too much make-up. Urgh.

This is my sister. Well, was. She's toned down the tan and the make-up recently. Looks thoroughly more presentable.
Reply 198
Original post by The Entity
If a 30 year old read what you just said he'd be like "wow you had internet and phones at school?" :eek:

I see what you're saying, but my point was that the trend towards everyone having mobile phones and being connected to the internet 24/7 happened as I went through high school. And this isn't just some little nifty technological advance like "OMG you have CD's now when I was your age we only had vinyls," we're talking about a massive social/cultural shift to be fair.

As a 20 year old, I was part of the last generation to not be connected to the internet during childhood. Do you not reckon that that is a massive thing?

(Maybe I'm overblowing it a little, but it does blow my mind sometimes :tongue: )
Original post by The Entity
Yeah, cos 13 year olds weren't being rude to their parents 10 years ago or 20 years ago?

Come on.

Nonsense.

Um, did I ever say that? No, I was giving an example of something I would never have dreamt of doing, I never said people my age didn't do it, but it seems to be getting progressively worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending