The Student Room Group

Just got my remark back and now have my grades. Uni deadline was Sept 2. Any chance?

Hey there, I missed my results by three UMS on results day, but just found out (after a remark) that I have the required grades.

The university stated that their deadline for the receipt of remark results was the 2nd September. Does anyone know if there's any chance at all of them letting me in if I call and beg?

It's LSE, by the way, which doesn't make things easier.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Have you tried contacting the uni??
Why didn't you do a priority remark?

The best thing they could possibly offer you is an unconditional for next year.
Reply 3
Buster_Bunny
Have you tried contacting the uni??

TSR is obviously the first point of call.

/facepalm

You should be ringing the bloody uni OP, the second you got the remark back I woulda been on the phone begging for the place.
Reply 4
Why didnt you get priority re mark if you got into LSE?!?!!?

Ring the uni!
Reply 5
First of all: it was priority.

I was calling them as I made this thread, just thought I'd see how far I could push them.
Reply 6
Oh, they said no, by the way. Apparently it's a UCAS-imposed deadline, so I have to reapply :/.
Reply 7
What did they say?
Surely they should. I mean it was a contract between yourself and the uni and you met the offer :s:
hunty91
First of all: it was priority.

I was calling them as I made this thread, just thought I'd see how far I could push them.

Why did it not come in time if it was a prority; is it an exam board fault?
Reply 10
MrChem
What did they say?

No, I would have thought.
Don't listen to them. The contract was between you and the university, nothing to do with ucas, if ucas was in control, how come the universities move people about courses internally so easily? They will try and put you off if more students fufilled their offer requirements than they wanted. It is no fault of yours that your paper was poorly marked. Contact the university admissions and ask to speak to the head of admissions, and get them to uphold their contract. There is no way you should be reapplying this year even though you fufilled the conditions of your offer. At the very least, make sure they give you an unconditional offer for next year, and fight them all the way to gain immediate admission. Good Luck
Reply 12
Belfast Fiddler
Don't listen to them. The contract was between you and the university, nothing to do with ucas, if ucas was in control, how come the universities move people about courses internally so easily? They will try and put you off if more students fufilled their offer requirements than they wanted. It is no fault of yours that your paper was poorly marked. Contact the university admissions and ask to speak to the head of admissions, and get them to uphold their contract. There is no way you should be reapplying this year even though you fufilled the conditions of your offer. At the very least, make sure they give you an unconditional offer for next year, and fight them all the way to gain immediate admission. Good Luck

Is this true? Because in that case I'll get the principal of my college to call them as well, tomorrow. Thanks for this.
Reply 13
Belfast Fiddler
Don't listen to them. The contract was between you and the university, nothing to do with ucas,

Yeah, but OP did say (in the title of the thread) that the uni deadline was 2nd Sept. Not the UCAS deadline.

And the contract was in place that he had to fulfill the criteria (which he did) before a certain date, the 2nd of September (which he didn't). It's a two way contract.

I agree, the OP technically did get the grades, but in the uni's eyes, he didn't fulfill his side of the contract, which was getting the grades before the deadline.
You still haven't explained why you're priority remark came back super late.
hunty91
Oh, they said no, by the way. Apparently it's a UCAS-imposed deadline, so I have to reapply :/.

This exact thing happened last year to one of my friends, with LSE in fact. She applied for Law, but missed her grades - got a remark, went up and she should have been accepted. Initially they said the same - it's after the deadline and you have to reapply. She got her school to fight the issue and eventually they said that you still have to go through UCAS but we'll guarantee you an place on your course next year (after a gap year). And she's taking up the place this time round.

If you want to know more give me a PM.
That's real unfair...It's a priority remark so there's nothing more you could do....now they make you waste a year of your life because of some examiner who didn't mark it right in the first place :s-smilie:
Can't they offer you a place for deferred entry at least?
Reply 18
Why did it take so long for a priority remark?

EDIT: the contract could have said that he had to meet the offer by Sept 2nd, which of course he (technically) didn't do.
Reply 19
hunty91
Hey there, I missed my results by three UMS on results day, but just found out (after a remark) that I have the required grades.

The university stated that their deadline for the receipt of remark results was the 2nd September. Does anyone know if there's any chance at all of them letting me in if I call and beg?

It's LSE, by the way, which doesn't make things easier.

Thanks.
Not a chance for this year, I'm afraid. Belfast Fiddler means well but is mistaken. The UCAS requirement was that you met your offer conditions by 2 September this year (it's usually 31 August) and most unis will try and get out of that even. They might/should offer you a place for next year, but even that's not guaranteed. Ring them asap and see what's what.

Latest

Trending

Trending