The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
TBH I did not read all of it

From the first few lines I can tell that this is only going to get worse. He sounds jealous and he is obviously going to use his fists on you at some point

So do not argue, do not try and convince yourself that he loves you, just GET THE HELL OUT
Reply 61
Trigger
Slightly off topic but is it just me who finds it more and more worrying that girls are allowing men to treat them this way and then having to ask others if they are the ones in the wrong. Where are their mothers to teach them to stand up for yourself and not allow these ass holes to ruin their lives?

Indeed.
can.you.make.music?
My boyfriend of a year has just made my night crap
So i went to a Bonfire/fun fair at about 8pm, he called me at 8.45pm, asking questions, what you doing, who you with etc (normal for him), i told him, and said we are going home now. We called a taxi, but long story short, the taxi ended up not coming for an hour and a half. He was on the phone with me all the time, telling me i was lying, callng the taxi firm himself, shouting at me, and telling me to stay where i was for the next 2 hours until he got there. It was so embarrassing as i was crying in front of friends i've only known for 5 weeks, and he was shouting on the phone, telling me go home, walk i don't care what happens just get home NOW.(it take like, an hour to get back and is dangourous).

Anyway, he came to see me (he lives far away takes like 2.5 hours), he says i shouldn't have gone as its dark outside now, and its all my fault,telling me ''your talking to some man'' (i wasn't)

My question is, how bad is this? Am i over-reacting in thinking this is a dump-able offense? I mean he shouted called me names, just becuase the taxi was very late, and i can't tell you how embarrassing that was. He shouts alot but is trying to get his behavuoir under control.

I need some advice, i know he tries hard not to shout at me for what i think are stupid things. He kept asking me, ''what are your friends saying now? Who are they talking too?''. When he arrived he went crazy and grabbed my head/hair close to his and shouted at me and i couldn't move, and wouldn't let me go, but then went fine and admitted to everything he's done, and said he's ruined everything and i could leave him. He looked like he was going to die he was so sorry.

But i know thats not the point. I did 'kinda' leave him, but i dont know wheter to give him one more chance, and if he ever puts a finger on me again, i swear, never again.
I mean give him a chance for like, a week and if it goes back to that i swear i will leave for good, should i do this? Or just cut my losses and try to mend my poor broken heart, it really hurts :confused:

sounds like a controlling boyfriend seems to fit all the signs. once her hurts you he starts acting like the victim. get out now while you can before it gets worse sounds like it will lead to domestic violence.

what if you give him a second chance and he kills you, you can't leave him then. run RUN RUN now to protect yourself :o:
At the "He arrived and grabbed my head" bit, I was just sitting there like :lolwut: Seriosly, this guy is somebody who needs to be detained in an insane asylum, not walking the streets... Dump him now would be my advice!
can.you.make.music?
So i went to a Bonfire/fun fair at about 8pm, he called me at 8.45pm, asking questions, what you doing, who you with etc (normal for him), i told him, and said we are going home now. We called a taxi, but long story short, the taxi ended up not coming for an hour and a half. He was on the phone with me all the time, telling me i was lying, callng the taxi firm himself, shouting at me, and telling me to stay where i was for the next 2 hours until he got there. It was so embarrassing as i was crying in front of friends i've only known for 5 weeks, and he was shouting on the phone, telling me go home, walk i don't care what happens just get home NOW.(it take like, an hour to get back and is dangourous).

Anyway, he came to see me (he lives far away takes like 2.5 hours), he says i shouldn't have gone as its dark outside now, and its all my fault,telling me ''your talking to some man'' (i wasn't)

My question is, how bad is this? Am i over-reacting in thinking this is a dump-able offense? I mean he shouted called me names, just becuase the taxi was very late, and i can't tell you how embarrassing that was. He shouts alot but is trying to get his behavuoir under control.

I need some advice, i know he tries hard not to shout at me for what i think are stupid things. He kept asking me, ''what are your friends saying now? Who are they talking too?''. When he arrived he went crazy and grabbed my head/hair close to his and shouted at me and i couldn't move, and wouldn't let me go, but then went fine and admitted to everything he's done, and said he's ruined everything and i could leave him. He looked like he was going to die he was so sorry.

But i know thats not the point. I did 'kinda' leave him, but i dont know wheter to give him one more chance, and if he ever puts a finger on me again, i swear, never again.
I mean give him a chance for like, a week and if it goes back to that i swear i will leave for good, should i do this? Or just cut my losses and try to mend my poor broken heart, it really hurts :confused:

http://www.fmylife.com/

Let them be the judge.
Reply 65
If he's like this now, I doubt he'll get any better to be honest. He's not making you happy, he's controlling you. I think you're best off ending it, but it's ultimately it's your call. It sounds like he's trying to guilt trip you when he says he's ruined everything and that you can leave him. He's probably said that because he doesn't think you will leave him. You have the power to do that though if it's what will make you happier (and that's what I would suggest).

Good luck whatever you decide :smile:
Reply 66
If I was your man I would treat you with more respect
Reply 67
Control freak not good. Tell him to sort his co-dependency abusive issues out and go no contact.
He is controlling and abusive and the longer you let it go on for, the more his behaviour will spiral out of control. He will hurt you, apologise, beg for forgiveness then hurt you again, no soon after you have forgiven him.

If you haven't been a victim of verbal/physical abuse it is really hard to understand why a girl would stay in this kind of relationship, but sometimes (especially if you are low on confidence to start with) you start questioning whether you yourself are responsible for their abusive behaviour. As time goes by you lose even more confidence and start succumbing to their abusive behaviour.

Most people have friends around them telling them to walk away, telling them that this is an abusive relationship, telling them to move on. But they choose to ignore it. Sometimes you just can't see for yourself quite how abusive the person is being. You forget what normal people and normal behaviour is. You learnt to accept it and feel too weak to fight with them anymore. You keep hoping that they'll change but they never do.
Reply 69
Speaking as a fairly average guy in terms of temperament and anger, I would not act the way he did to you if I found out that you were sleeping with my brother.

He should not behave that way to you, ever.

Do you really want to be with someone that treats you like that when so many other people would certainly treat you a hundred times better?
Reply 70
The Referee
You would love your boyfriend being so 'protective' that he became verbally abusive (on more than one occasion going by the tenor of the OP) and physically aggressive? You would accept him dictating when you came home? You would have no issue with him becoming so irate that he ordered a course of action that would put you in danger?

I feel sorry for you! (for real!)

no i just meant i liked guys who are protective, but if he would do anything to hurt me i would tear his balls right off him...
2Av
A guy like that dont deserve you. Are you honestly kidding yourself??? You honestly deserve better than this and there are better guys out there other than him and i GUARANTEE that!

I've come to the conclusion that only when girls like the OP see enough sense to leave guys like that do they actually "deserve better", until then...
Nope, I'd say dump him. :nope:

He seems a fairly obsessive, and, with time, it'll only get worse.
tinktinktinkerbell

OT: if you want to be a mug then by all means stay with him and give him yet another chance, on the flip side you could get a grip, get some self respect and find a man who wouldnt treat you like the mug you are

This - and if you love the drama that much, remember that nobody else really cares - even the closest of friends will likely get sick of how depressing your relationship is.

So yeah, if you care about him that much, that you are willing to alienate the people closest to you, so that the only person you have is him (and his pathetic, insecure, abusive behaviour) go for it, take him back.
can.you.make.music?

this guy sounds like an utter ****hole in my opinion - either tell him to grow up and start trusting you (maybe not so harshly :s-smilie:) - or you'll leave him because you don't deserve to be treated like this just because he's a bit insecure - so your not over-reacting it's him whose in teh wrong
A++++ *******, won't buy again
what an idiot
you deserve better

he is a control freak
Bubbles*de*Milo
It'll only get worse, he's a future wife beater and an absolute ****. Get out now.

This.
Reply 78
What a jackass. The fact that he was angry, drove 2 and a half hours and still hadn't calmed down shows what he is like, don't stay with him!
Reply 79
can.you.make.music?

You sound like a doormat.

Be strong for **** sake.

Latest

Trending

Trending