The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

arkbar
Hmph, computer ated my reply.

Right, how much does self catering cost these days? I'm pretty sure living out would be cheaper.

We lived at the bottom of Claypath in our 3rd year, my housemates had lived next to the science site in 2nd year and concluded that even though they were engineers and thus there all the time, it actually made tit all difference, considering that even if they were next to the science site, they rarely had time to get back to home anyway (as you need a gap of at least 2 hours to do anything much).

There's a reason rooms are available to 2nd years, it only became an issue in the last few years as more and more 3rd years don't want to move back into college as finalists because they so much preferred living out.
In addition, you might love the college atmosphere now (I did in my first term) but by the end of the year you might find that it gets a bit...stifling. And living like an actual vaguely independent adult, not subject to fire alarms, stupid guest rules and room inspections, not to mention getting to be in your house for 52 weeks of the year has a lot to recommend it.

Hm, all true I guess. Where is the Viaduct and Claypath anyway? I'm just really lazy when it comes to walking and I truly love our location. Close to the Science Site, close to the DSU, close to Klute :proud:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 181
viaduct is at the top of north road, claypath is just beyond the gala.
Reply 182
Hmmm ok, thanks guys!

I know I'm just worrying too much, it's just after seeing how awful he was after the last breakup (which was only at the end of August, and he went to uni still incredibly unhappy) I was a bit alarmed to find out he'd set off down the same road again so quickly (apparently he's been in this relationship for a month now).
Reply 183
frederizia
Hm, all true I guess. Where is the Viaduct and Claypath anyway? I'm just really lazy when it comes to walking and I truly love our location. Close to the Science Site, close to the DSU, close to Klute :proud:

Check this yo
http://www.dur.ac.uk/vm.jcr/docs/Liversout_Guide_07.pdf
1. Klute :colonhash:
2. You pay £4170 in rent :zomg: (I just looked it up), that is stupid.
Reply 184
Tallulah G
Hmmm ok, thanks guys!

I know I'm just worrying too much, it's just after seeing how awful he was after the last breakup (which was only at the end of August, and he went to uni still incredibly unhappy) I was a bit alarmed to find out he'd set off down the same road again so quickly (apparently he's been in this relationship for a month now).

It's his life to bum up as he wishes at the end of it, you can't do a lot more than sit on the sidelines and give advice which he's free to ignore.
Relationships are awful :awesome:
I'm currently in the stage where the person I like does nothing but talk to me about how much she likes a boy who's taken and how no one will ever like her. I'm so cliché.
Reply 186
Jangrafess
I'm currently in the stage where the person I like does nothing but talk to me about how much she likes a boy who's taken and how no one will ever like her. I'm so cliché.

:console: Tbh, I think you should exploit the cliché. Pretend you're in a movie, and next time she starts talking to you about it just lean in and kiss her.
(I am appalling at relationships. Never take my relationship advice.)

Thanks for the advice arkbar (and everyone else!)
Tallulah G
:console: Tbh, I think you should exploit the cliché. Pretend you're in a movie, and next time she starts talking to you about it just lean in and kiss her.
(I am appalling at relationships. Never take my relationship advice.)

Thanks for the advice arkbar (and everyone else!)

Heh, I've never ever made the first move properly, I'm ****. I freeze up. bah bah
Reply 188
Jangrafess
Heh, I've never ever made the first move properly, I'm ****. I freeze up. bah bah

I never make the first move. I can get away with it, being a girl and all :h: (I can see why guys get annoyed about this though)
Tallulah G
I never make the first move. I can get away with it, being a girl and all :h: (I can see why guys get annoyed about this though)

I can get away with it because the girls I like invariably don't mind. And when I don't get away with it the point is moot really because no one ever finds out and I get over it soon enough.
Reply 190
Tallulah G
I could order one for you next term if you'd like?

I may well take you up on this :beard:

Also I bet you know (of) one of my good friends :ninja:

We sang Christmas carols at Opera group tonight :love:

N.B. it is ok to sing Christmas carols now because we are giving a performance on Dec 10th so need to rehearse.
Reply 191
Becca
I may well take you up on this :beard:

Also I bet you know (of) one of my good friends :ninja:

We sang Christmas carols at Opera group tonight :love:

N.B. it is ok to sing Christmas carols now because we are giving a performance on Dec 10th so need to rehearse.

PM me a name :teeth:

I wish I hadn't started this whole relationship discussion. I'm now feeling incredibly single :sad:
Me too.
Reply 193
Sorry.
Reply 194
Jangles can date Tallulah.
SOLUTION
Reply 195
arkbar
Jangles can date Tallulah.
SOLUTION

:moon:

Am I not already married to Edenr?
Excellent.
Reply 197
Jangrafess
Excellent.

Don't sound too enthusiastic :colonhash:
Reply 198
Tallulah G
PM me a name :teeth:

I wish I hadn't started this whole relationship discussion. I'm now feeling incredibly single :sad:

PMed :teeth:
Reply 199
Becca
PMed :teeth:

I know of him! I did not know that was his name. It is an excellent name :coma:
That, and Rupert are good names for boyfriends.

Edit: I am in no way saying that I want him to be my boyfriend..... just to clarify in case it comes across that way lol!!

Latest