The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Jelkin
:frown:

I went to my first thesis meeting today, and it was awesome. My supervisor was like, "so I will be setting regular deadlines for you, and I will expect you to hand work in on those deadlines, and you will also be reviewing each other's theses, and we will have one-on-one tutorials as well as group seminars, and I will set up a private message thread with each of you for questions you have." I think she thought she was scaring us with all this talk of hardcore supervision, but it will be such a breath of fresh air in comparison to, "go away, write 8000 words, hand it in. I will give you some "advice" in our half hour session but it can't be relevant to your topic because that's against the rules, and it will essentially be useless."

GH, what are you writing yours on?

Haha maybe she mistook your :coma: face of joy for a :coma: of fear!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1981
Shaving nicks :frown:
Reply 1982
I am at home. I was attacked at the door. It was not far off genuinely being :jumphug:
This Transport Union leader bloke is making a complete arse of himself on Have I Got News For You. :facepalm2:
there's like 30 eurodudes in my house drinking coronas
Reply 1985
aww, a Palin quote for gh.

If God didn't intend for us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?
Aula
aww, a Palin quote for gh.

If God didn't intend for us to eat animals, why did he make them out of animals?

:facepalm: for Palin. Bigger :facepalm: for Aula for getting the quote wrong.
Reply 1987
River85
:facepalm: for Palin. Bigger :facepalm: for Aula for getting the quote wrong.

whoops :colondollar:
I'm still watching HIGNFY, so I shall blame that for distracting me...
Reply 1988
Bob Crow makes me almost dislike trades unionism.
Mithra
x

Were you in the 5:15 lecture today, or was it YOU in the purple suit!?
Reply 1990
I have a feeling I will never end up going to the party. :colonhash:
Jelkin
I have a feeling I will never end up going to the party. :colonhash:

Dont go. Stay in and be a saddo like me.
Reply 1992
Becca
Dont go. Stay in and be a saddo like me.

I am going, but my enthusiasm has waned considerably. My friend just texted and I thought he'd say he's here, but he said he's just leaving and will be 20 minutes.

:colonhash:
Reply 1993
My friends Dad just got sick, so he's given me his ticket to Motorhead tomorrow to go with my best friend (... and his son) at Hammersmith. Epic. I just popped over to there house to pick it up and his parents gave me £20 for beer as well.. WTF LOLZZZ :gah:
Reply 1994
Wow. Nice friends.

*their :smile:
Jelkin
I am going, but my enthusiasm has waned considerably. My friend just texted and I thought he'd say he's here, but he said he's just leaving and will be 20 minutes.

:colonhash:

Enthusiasm is for keenos.
Grr I hate it when people do that, it makes me really agitated.
Aphrodite007
How would they do that? They're a union, they don't have the power to force anyone to do anything.

If we had a useful president who had some clout (i.e. one who doesn't cry when they lose an argument, as an example), things like that would get efficiently dealt with.

Asides, Colleges have the right to force people to live in. They may as well take advantage of the situation.
Palin can't even make up her own vegetarian jokes. That's been around fo rages.
generic hybrid
Palin can't even make up her own vegetarian jokes. That's been around fo rages.

I thought I had heard that before!
Reply 1999
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
If we had a useful president who had some clout (i.e. one who doesn't cry when they lose an argument, as an example), things like that would get efficiently dealt with.

Asides, Colleges have the right to force people to live in. They may as well take advantage of the situation.

how? :eyeball:

Latest