The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
I am babysitting and have been instructed to leave her if she cries, as she normally settles herself and it would probably upset her more if I came instead of her mum or dad... But I'm finding it hard sitting listening to her cry...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3981
Typical, I'd just decided she'd been crying too long and got Happy Feet into the DVD player ready to try to calm her down, but by the time I got to the top of the stairs she'd stopped crying and started babbling away happily to herself again. :colonhash:
What's Happy Feet? Is it some kind of parent replacement?
Reply 3983
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
What's Happy Feet? Is it some kind of parent replacement?

No it's a very cute children's film about a dancing penguin.
Tallulah G
No it's a very cute children's film about a dancing penguin.

Sounds like one of those Disney things. Its been an awful long time since I watched any of them, must have been around 10 years ago.
From my house in Gilesgate to the bus station by bus, about a mile in distance? Took an hour and a ******* half. 90 ******* minutes. It usually takes three. A little bit of snow falls and people lose all sense.....

But, once I got a train the remaining 30 miles, be bus and train, went like lightning (less than an hour). I'm a fool for not leaving the bus when we were stuck outside the Gates and walking the rest of the distance as that would have knocked 40 minutes off. I stayed on out of curiousity.
Reply 3986
that was a fun day :h:
I only went to go to the library and finish cleaning my room. Went to the library and couldn't get the books and the room only took ten minutes so had to fill in the remaining six hours. I knew I shouldn't have gone.

At least I went to the shops and bought the new Adrian Mole :cool: (didn't even know there was a new one).

And my laptop has fallen off my bed(onto a hard wooden floor) for the second time in its lifetime. It's made of strong stuff.

Speaking of laptops, my brother's house in London has been burgled. They've stolen his laptop and 32 inch monitor :sad: That's £800 of stuff gone.
Reply 3988
River85

Speaking of laptops, my brother's house in London has been burgled. They've stolen his laptop and 32 inch monitor :sad: That's £800 of stuff gone.

God, I hope he's insured. This is the worst time of the year for burglaries. Some people in John Snow have apparently been burgled...
Atrixa
God, I hope he's insured.

Nope :frown: He's not officially supposed to be living there.

Since moving to London all but one of his houses seem to be rather dodgy agreements (where he takes another persons place at a house but doesn't sign a licence agreement) and it isn't his official address, so he wasn't able to get insurance. Apparently it's how "all" the cheap houses work there.
Reply 3990
I have made far too much gingerbread...
Tallulah G
I have made far too much gingerbread...

you can never have too much ginger bread!! :cookie:

:woo: snow!!! looks like we may have a white christmas... but this means no one will be able to get to our house... :sad:
Reply 3992
PhysicsPenguin
you can never have too much ginger bread!! :cookie:

:woo: snow!!! looks like we may have a white christmas... but this means no one will be able to get to our house... :sad:

I have 50 gingerbread men and about 40 tree decorations, and I still haven't used it all. Beginning to get fed up of the stuff...

Although I'm having fun giving the gingerbread people faces :ninja:
News just in. RATM are Christmas number one.
Reply 3994
River85
News just in. RATM are Christmas number one.

:yawn:
I really couldn't care less.
Aula
:yawn:
I really couldn't care less.

Neither do I.

Only found out when they announced it on the local news (it was announced as they were about to finish). Home boy has been denied his number one you see :holmes: Still thought it was worth an announcement :p:

I'm heading off for a few days. Might still be on a few times as TF but if not have a great Christmas everyone :party:
Reply 3996
Gingerbread army:

The casualties :sad::
Reply 3997
Tallulah G

The casualties :sad::

Lol, that really made me giggle. I can't believe such a crappy song has got to number one for christmas. I blame facebook for this.
Atrixa
Lol, that really made me giggle. I can't believe such a crappy song has got to number one for christmas. I blame facebook for this.

I think this should have been number one.

Atrixa
I can't believe such a crappy song has got to number one for christmas.

Erm................and the vast majority of Chistmas number ones over these past ten years (maybe even thirty or more) aren't crappy? Maybe you're too young to remember Mr Blobby :p:

Not my favourite RATM song it has to be said. The only decent Christmas number ones in the past 30 years are Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall, Michael Jackson's Earth Song and maybe Maaaad World. It don't mean nothin.

I am leaving, honest, just need to type up a PM 'boot my modding status. Byes everyone.

Latest