The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Am I right in assuming those who applied for accommodation as returning students will be receiving communications about the outcome soon? I seem to remember end of April being the timeframe given...
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 821
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
Am I right in assuming those who applied for accommodation as returning students will be receiving communications about the outcome soon? I seem to remember end of April being the timeframe given...

Returning students should hear sometime either this month or next month. When I applied last year, I didn't hear until the end of May.
Original post by yum-yum
where are you planning on staying? also are you going to the accom open day? :smile:

Yeah I am :smile:
and not too sure really, mainly considering henry price or central village, but maybe even james baillie if its not too far a walk!
Reply 823
Original post by Rachael2012
Yeah I am :smile:
and not too sure really, mainly considering henry price or central village, but maybe even james baillie if its not too far a walk!

Yeah, I've been thinking about central village, though i'm worried there'll be teething problems since its a new building, but it does sound good as does james bailie.
Reply 824
just wondering if anyone knows which accomodation is best to choose for Healthcare courses such as Radiography. its a long course with not much holiday in the year, so i was wondering if that has to influence your decision?

thanks in advance
Reply 825
Original post by PxCharley
just wondering if anyone knows which accomodation is best to choose for Healthcare courses such as Radiography. its a long course with not much holiday in the year, so i was wondering if that has to influence your decision?

thanks in advance

I am a prospective postgraduate student and I have applied to sentinel towers because it's near the business school,where I am interested in.And I show that apart from the business school,it is also near to the medical school.Also I think that Leodis is near to the medical school,because it is near to the sentinel towers.hope that my answer helped you
Firmed Leeds for Dentistry, does anyone know where would be best to stay? :s-smilie: I'm kinda thinking Clarence Dock? but have no clue about the city or anything :/ help? :s-smilie:
Reply 827
Original post by #_Inspiration
Firmed Leeds for Dentistry, does anyone know where would be best to stay? :s-smilie: I'm kinda thinking Clarence Dock? but have no clue about the city or anything :/ help? :s-smilie:

As I say in my post before,I think that Leodis and Sentinel Towers are near to the medical and dental school.look:http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/
Reply 828
Unconditional for music and I'm applying to Devonshire :smile: Not sure whether to go ensuite or shared yet though, will decide after the viewing day next weekend!
Reply 829
Hye just wondering if anyone else here has put down for Sky Plaza? :smile:
Original post by dimitris1
Leodis and Sentinel Towers are near to the medical and dental school:http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/

Tannery and Sentinel Towers. As a brief rule of thumb, Sentinel if you want to be quieter; Tannery if you don't mind.
Original post by bushph
Hye just wondering if anyone else here has put down for Sky Plaza? :smile:

I actually booked a room at the Sky Plaza a couple of weeks ago, but decided to cancel it as I felt it would be better to go into the university's own halls for the first year so I could meet people!

Lovely place though!
firmed leeds and chosen Leodis! anyone else going there?
Reply 833
What's the most ideal accommodation for engineers?
Reply 834
i've finally got my list down to five with central village and james baillie park as my two favourites (the others are clarence dock, tannery and leodis). I'm gonna wait until after the viewing day to apply though to get a feel for the places so i might see some of you there :smile:
bit worried that we won't actually be able to see CV though :s-smilie:
Original post by Fiona.-
i've finally got my list down to five with central village and james baillie park as my two favourites (the others are clarence dock, tannery and leodis). I'm gonna wait until after the viewing day to apply though to get a feel for the places so i might see some of you there :smile:
bit worried that we won't actually be able to see CV though :s-smilie:

I've applied for CV and no, you can't actually see it yet because it's still being built but I drove past it on an open day and the proximity to campus is ideal :biggrin:
According to the Leeds accommodation office, Charles Morris is very similar to what Central Village is going to be like, so if you're going to the open day you might want to go and visit it to get an idea of what CV will be like.
Original post by Emily Jane
According to the Leeds accommodation office, Charles Morris is very similar to what Central Village is going to be like, so if you're going to the open day you might want to go and visit it to get an idea of what CV will be like.

I don't think that's necessarily the case - sorry you were told that. We have now got some new pictures (artists impressions only, I'm afraid) - they'll be available to look at if any of you are coming to Viewing Day on Saturday (28 April) and on the website shortly after that (if not before)
Reply 838
Original post by Georgiana1605
I've applied for CV and no, you can't actually see it yet because it's still being built but I drove past it on an open day and the proximity to campus is ideal :biggrin:

thankyou :smile: and thats one of the reasons i like it, long enough lie ins but seperate from the campus :biggrin: is it in walking distance to the city centre too?

oh and does anyone know if the flats that share kitchen/living spaces are mixed gender? i don't really mind either way, i'm just curious :tongue:
Original post by Fiona.-
thankyou :smile: and thats one of the reasons i like it, long enough lie ins but seperate from the campus :biggrin: is it in walking distance to the city centre too?

oh and does anyone know if the flats that share kitchen/living spaces are mixed gender? i don't really mind either way, i'm just curious :tongue:

I think so! Tbh I've only ever come through Leeds one way so I'm not entirely sure about where the centre is in regards to the campus :s-smilie: oh well we'll soon find out! (hopefully :P )

Quick Reply

Latest