The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Criteria:
Fairly cheap and fun! (I know this depends on the general personalities each year but most unis have tags associated with different accommodations, i.e: in Sheffield, Endcliffe is 'Party Village'
)

Ensuite not neccesary, distance not a problem! Was thinking Lupton or Henry Price or North Hill Court?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'm liking the idea of Clarence Dock, Lupton and Montague Barton. What are people's opinions on these? CD and Lupton are my favourites.

I like the idea of having an en suite and sharing a flat with 5/6 people at CD. Also people keep talking about how far away it is ... its 2 miles from campus? Isn't that what bikes are for? Price isn't too bad either! Also it seems slightly closer to the city centre. the rooms look bigger too.

Lupton is cheap and big which is mainly why i like it. Closer to campus too.

Wondering which out of the three are more socialable? And should I be considering North Hill Court at all?
Reply 982
Original post by JustCharley
I'm liking the idea of Clarence Dock, Lupton and Montague Barton. What are people's opinions on these? CD and Lupton are my favourites.

I like the idea of having an en suite and sharing a flat with 5/6 people at CD. Also people keep talking about how far away it is ... its 2 miles from campus? Isn't that what bikes are for? Price isn't too bad either! Also it seems slightly closer to the city centre. the rooms look bigger too.

Wondering which out of the three are more socialable? And should I be considering North Hill Court at all?

I actually put Montague Burton on my application, but I'm having doubts again! Clarence Dock I liked originally because of the en-suite and the buildings... yes, the location is what put me off, but now I'm wondering why, as it isn't THAT far away and it's cheap for an en-suite!

I went to Lupton, liked it because it was so cheap, but preferred the others. Visited Montague Burton on a whim at the end of the day and thought it was fairly good, but I don't really like the fact that it's a higher crime area than the others...

I was thinking that being closer would be better, but now I'm not sure again :eek::confused:

Changed to Clarence Dock now!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 983

I'd say if you're considering those ones, have a look at North Hill Court - the rooms are huge, it's fairly close, and it's cheap :biggrin:

I've heard out of those 3 Lupton is the most sociable, don't quote me on that though!

I was stuck between these ones too, I went for Lupton in the end because I figured, at least if I've made the wrong choice, it's the cheapest wrong choice! :smile:
Reply 985
Does Devonshire hall have wireless internet in the rooms?

thanks. :smile:
Original post by gelifluction
I was stuck between these ones too, I went for Lupton in the end because I figured, at least if I've made the wrong choice, it's the cheapest wrong choice! :smile:

Yeah I think I'm gonna go with Lupton. Closer, cheaper and very near to supermarket too. General area of Headingley is where most people say to head to as well. Still tempted by Clarence Dock but not sure whether its worth the price/distance ...

Anybody know how people we share kitchens and bathrooms with in Lupton?
Original post by xfearless
Has anyone else applied for Clarence Dock? I feel like I'm the only person :/

I've gone for Clarence Dock too! Looks nice :smile:
Reply 988
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with Lupton. Closer, cheaper and very near to supermarket too. General area of Headingley is where most people say to head to as well. Still tempted by Clarence Dock but not sure whether its worth the price/distance ...

Anybody know how people we share kitchens and bathrooms with in Lupton?

Kitchens and bathrooms are both between 5 in Lupton :smile:
Original post by GloriaPenguin
I've gone for Clarence Dock too! Looks nice :smile:

Oh yay! I felt like I was the only one :')
Reply 990
Hi, I've applied for Devonshire hall and I was wondering if there is wireless internet in the room or will I need an Ethernet cable?

:smile:
Has anyone applied for the tannery? I loved it there when I visited but I haven't seen anyone else say they're going there!
Original post by Katiedamer
Has anyone applied for the tannery? I loved it there when I visited but I haven't seen anyone else say they're going there!

Meee!!! i fell in love with it on the visit day!
I think you've made the right choice! :biggrin: I've applied there too. Just need to get in! :smile:
Reply 994
Hi,

I'm an international student coming to UK for the first time. I'll be attending LUBS starting this September for my MSc, and I need some opinion about Broadcasting Tower flats.

I just got an offer for the standard ensuite, should I go there, or are there better options for my situation?

Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 995

Me! :biggrin:

Yeah! Looks great on the web site :smile:
Reply 997
Hey, I'm a intl postgraduate student, will be attending LUBS this september. Any thoughts on the Broadcasting Towers ? I also apply for Sentinel tho. Which one do you guys think is better ?

Im open to other suggestion if you have one. :smile:
Reply 998
Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 999
Original post by dimitris1
I am waiting for a response from kings for the msc in financial maths.you?what r u going to study?

accounting and finance. good luck to whatever u decide! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest