The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lurker
Has anyone actually had an offer confirmation from the LSE? I've had the official UCAS one, but nothing from them.

What coursE did u apply to ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
HamaL
What coursE did u apply to ?

I haven't got one either
Reply 3
claire1985
I haven't got one either

Nope- are all uni's meant to give confirmation? Because I haven't got one from Nottingham either..
Reply 4
Elle
Nope- are all uni's meant to give confirmation? Because I haven't got one from Nottingham either..

You're applying for law right??? When did you hear from Nottingham??

G
Reply 5
gzftan
You're applying for law right??? When did you hear from Nottingham??

G

Yep- but I haven't heard from Nottingham yet.. not even a confirmation :frown:
Do some Uni's not bother with the confirmation bit and just reject you outright?
Reply 6
Elle
Yep- but I haven't heard from Nottingham yet.. not even a confirmation :frown:
Do some Uni's not bother with the confirmation bit and just reject you outright?

Well, I didn't from Leicester at all until they sent my offer. And the only reason I heard from Nottingham was because they needed proof of my 'Right To Remain In The United Kingdom'...ie. to check I wasn't an illegal immigrant!!

But I haven't heard anything at all from Kings...not even confirmation...so I'm assuming that they're too lazy to send anything until they've got all their applications in.

So in answer to your question...i reckon that some will offer/reject outright, but dont worry....u'll probably get an offer!

G
Reply 7
gzftan
Well, I didn't from Leicester at all until they sent my offer. And the only reason I heard from Nottingham was because they needed proof of my 'Right To Remain In The United Kingdom'...ie. to check I wasn't an illegal immigrant!!

But I haven't heard anything at all from Kings...not even confirmation...so I'm assuming that they're too lazy to send anything until they've got all their applications in.

So in answer to your question...i reckon that some will offer/reject outright, but dont worry....u'll probably get an offer!

G

Ok cool.. Ive just read that LSE could keep you waiting til April! Ah well...

Good luck with your applications!!
Reply 8
Elle
Ok cool.. Ive just read that LSE could keep you waiting til April! Ah well...

Good luck with your applications!!

I know...UCL said don't be surprised if we haven't heard from them by Easter!!!!!

Cheers though...good luck to you too...let me know how it goes...

G
Reply 9
i ahvent heard from lse yet
Reply 10
Tina
i ahvent heard from lse yet

Me too...
I thought LSE don't make offer untill 2004...but some people seems to have offers from LSE e.g. theECONOMIST
Reply 11
HamaL
Me too...
I thought LSE don't make offer untill 2004...but some people seems to have offers from LSE e.g. theECONOMIST

ye....what u applied for?
Reply 12
Tina
ye....what u applied for?

BSc Mathematics and Economics
(AAB - Maths , Art (lol) and Economics)
u?
Reply 13
HamaL
BSc Mathematics and Economics
(AAB - Maths , Art (lol) and Economics)
u?

government
Reply 14
Just received a letter (that came this morning.. but I hadnt seen) from LSE. It says that after receiving an "overwhelming number of applications for places" I have been put on an internal short list. I guess thats a good thing... :confused:
Reply 15
Elle
Just received a letter (that came this morning.. but I hadnt seen) from LSE. It says that after receiving an "overwhelming number of applications for places" I have been put on an internal short list. I guess thats a good thing... :confused:

Well done!! It must be a good thing...it means they're seriously considering offering you a place....do they interview??

G
Reply 16
gzftan
Well done!! It must be a good thing...it means they're seriously considering offering you a place....do they interview??

G

Thanks.. :smile: No they don't interview.

I'm just wondering how short the short list is. I mean it could be pretty huge.. ah well- it's nice to hear from them finally!
Reply 17
Elle
Thanks.. :smile: No they don't interview.

I'm just wondering how short the short list is. I mean it could be pretty huge.. ah well- it's nice to hear from them finally!

All you got to do now is hope that they dont actually leave you waiting until April before they finalise anything!!

G
Reply 18
gzftan
All you got to do now is hope that they dont actually leave you waiting until April before they finalise anything!!

G

Lol.. the letter said they'd aim to do it during March- but that's just as bad!!

It also said that I could inform them of my Mock results.. :frown: that's a bit worrying since I never prepare for mocks very well..
Reply 19
Elle
Lol.. the letter said they'd aim to do it during March- but that's just as bad!!

It also said that I could inform them of my Mock results.. :frown: that's a bit worrying since I never prepare for mocks very well..

During March!!! That's ages away!! Oh well...at least now you have that extra-motivation to do well in your mocks!

G

Latest

Trending

Trending