The Student Room Group

results worries.... (vets!)

hey every1!

I cant believe results are out in just over a week....im petrified of mine. I really hope ive done well but i dont think ive done well enough...ive been having nightmares bout it!

Ive gotta get A in chem, A in Bio and B in Phys to getinto RVC this september. I got A in bio, B in chem and B in physics last year but i dont think i have done well enough to maintain those grades, im really worried. I have never worked so hard for any exams in my life, i revised like a mad man for like 2 months before the exams and during the exams. I really dont know what to do if i dont get in. Its all ive evr wanted to do.

My back up course is Equine Science (BBB) at Bristol, but i dont think i want to go there to do that ne more, coz i would be studying at he same place ast the vets, and it would be like the fact that i didnt get in was being rubbed in my face all the time. I dont htink i would be able to cope with that. Im so worried.

I dont know what to do if i dont get in, its the only thing i have ever ever wanted to do, i cant imagine doing n e thing elce. aaaaaaaaargh! Im even considering taking a year out and applying to St. Georges uni in Granada to do vet sci there, which is something i never even considered before.

God im so scared coz i really dont think ive got the grades, i suppose if i have i wil be really suprised and pleased but if i havent i will be shttered and will probs cry for weeks on end!

sorry for the rant then!

has n e one elce got the same problems?
xxxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ditto to that, I also feel physically sick any time i think of it. like i could probably quite easily throw up now. and as usual, i am spending my whole holiday working at the vets which is obviously great but its also a constant reminder. urgh :puke: <-- me!! lol
Reply 2
lessthanthree
I could have written that - I don't even HAVE a backup and I can't sleep for the worry.

*hugs*

This is easy for me to say, but it's so much better for you mentally if you try not to think about it. My cousin is doing Vet Med at Edinburgh and I know she was worried sick [to the point of actually being sick] before she got her results as it was very touch and go. Think she ended up with AABCD which just got her in.

I'm worried sick too as I think I've possibly not got what I need, but I'm trying not to think about it. :smile:
im praying for the grades (like ive said b4) im really sorry for worrying u guys :frown:

I went for lunch wiv my m8s 2day and we were talkin bout results day, n i was sayin how i dont think ill get the grades and they all just say, "yeah u will". They dont understand quite how petrified i am of not doing it, ill be so disappointed. They are also planning going out clubbin in the evening, if i dont get the grades i dont think i will be able to go out. Ill be so so upset. Most of the courses my m8s have applied for want lowwer grades and if they dont get the grades this year they can just apply to a uni which does the course for lower grades next year. If i dont get the grades this year, thats it...........................i want to cry already!
Reply 4
lessthanthree
i feel sick now I've read this actually.

yep me too, and i can actually guarantee that i will be throwing up next wednesday evening. i would bet lots and lots of money of it
Guys, im feeling for you all, coz i feel exactly the same. None of my friends seem to believe me either - i honestly dont think ive done well enough!

Reckon i'll be sick at some point too. Ive already cried about it LOADS! :frown:
Reply 6
:frown:

Sorry hun I just tried to help :frown:
lessthanthree
I sodding hate it when people say "oh you will" "you'll be fine".

How do you bloody know? eh? did you SEE my exam papers? do you KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T!??!!? *pants*

*twitch*

haha! Agreed. If anything it makes me feel even worse when ppl do that!

Tell u wot lessthanthree, if we both get to Liverpool, one of the first things i'll do is grab a nice celebratory drink with u! :p:
-
aaww, red_roadkill, u said nothing wrong. Its just when ppl seem to go into the automatic- 'o, you will be fine, full stop' kinda attitude! :smile:
Reply 8
ProvenAngel I didn't realise you were coming to L'pool! Do you want to come to the TSR Liverpool meet? *floats back to the Law forum where he BELONGS!*
lessthanthree
sure, angel. I'll bring cookies.

mmmmm cookies - gotta love 'em! :p: :biggrin:
red_roadkill
ProvenAngel I didn't realise you were coming to L'pool! Do you want to come to the TSR Liverpool meet? *floats back to the Law forum where he BELONGS!*

O hell yea - course i will!! *eeek!* :p:
Reply 11
red_roadkill

oooo, TSR Liverpool meet....can I come to?
I can show you all around :biggrin:
I have a place at the RVC as well and I got my results on the 6th of July because I am an IB student. I didn't get what I needed; they wanted a 7 in Biology, 7 in Chemistry and a 6 at another higher subject. I got a 6 in bio and a 5 in chem, tho the chem paper is being remarked. I have sent them an email and so has my teacher but they wont tell me until the a level results come out next thursday! Its so horrible, I worked so so hard for the exams; revising solidly every day and I dont get anything back!!! This is the only thing I have ever wanted to do so I know exactly how you feel!!! No words can describe how much I want this - it sounds mean but Im so glad Im not the only one!!!

Anyways, best of luck with the results, maybe ill see you next year if we are both lucky?
Hey just wanted to say I wish you guys all the best for next Thursday! I really hope you all get the grades you need!

I know EXACTLY how you all feel, I remember it well from last summer.

And if you don't quite make the grades, don't, whatever you do, give up; call up the vet schools, beg, pray, hell even bribe them!!! I know it's easy for me to say but I know of sooooooooooooooooo many people who didn't quite get the grades last year and who are at vet school now. A dear friend of mine didn't get her grades at all (got 3B's) and RVC told her to resit this year and get 3A's then she can start with you guys. She too is waiting for her results next Thursday. I also know of someone who got 3B's and RVC let her in. I really believe if you want to be a vet badly enough, you'll make it :smile:
Reply 14
hi just want 2 say GOOD LUCK! 2 every1 waiting 4 their results. i no how u feel i felt terrible when i was waiting 4 mine last yr and i didn't even have an offer then. like slipperywhenwet says dont give up u may still get ur place even if everything goes wrong and if worst comes 2 the worst u can always resit a yr. just want 2 say again GOOD LUCK! :biggrin: :biggrin:
im feeling exactly the same, everyone keeps saying ill get my grades too, so im terrified of not!iv tried to put next thursday to the back of my mind, but i still get that churning feeling in my stomach.

At the end of the day, we've done the exams and theres nothing we can do about it now but wait to see how we've done. that still doesnt help, because i really think im about to throw up with al the rest of you guys! this time next week, i will need tranquilizers! :frown:
aaaaaaargh....7 days, and its make of break for us all!
Reply 17
ProvenAngel
haha! Agreed. If anything it makes me feel even worse when ppl do that!

Tell u wot lessthanthree, if we both get to Liverpool, one of the first things i'll do is grab a nice celebratory drink with u! :p:
-
aaww, red_roadkill, u said nothing wrong. Its just when ppl seem to go into the automatic- 'o, you will be fine, full stop' kinda attitude! :smile:

drink? on the freshers? in liverpool? i'm in.
lessthanthree
I could have written that - I don't even HAVE a backup and I can't sleep for the worry.

DITTO!
I have my ONE offer from Liverpool and thats it and i really dont think i have got in. AARGGHH, I'm so scared, stressed and tired, the only thing i have ever wanted to do is be a vet
tis MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (soz for stating the obvious!) that means only THREE days to go- everybody join in with me! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
have to get 3, i repeat 3 A's (not wanting ne sympathy, am just VEry scared!) n 2 make matters worse 2 of my friendys from school have got offers frm ed for AAB- AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHh, alas, oh well, life goes on!
i mean, a could always become a lawyer or an accountatn- ARGH! no!

Latest

Trending

Trending