The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
I love Poundland, it's the only shop where I feel like a millionaire. What does Cannon Park currently have?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Yes, it definitely needs a Greggs! :teehee:
Reply 3
polaroid13
Don't you think Cannon Park could be situated with better shops?
For example:

Poundland
A fancy dress shop
Greggs
Subway
A general off license
Another clothing retailer
A stationary shop

I mean its not very well catered for students or the general public in my opinion. What shops do you think should be in the Cannon Park shopping centre?

Once I stepped of the Megabus, Cannon Park was the first thing I saw. Looked like a dump..
Go into Cov and I swear the first thing I saw was a Pawnbrokers. Then a Poundshop. Opposite the poundshop was a 99p store. And somewhere further down there was a 98p store.

Pretty much the only places I've been to in Cannon Park are Tesco, the sports shop and some place which sold wallets because a friend wanted a new one :colonhash: Not even been inside Wilkinsons.
Reply 5
Ew why do you want more icky shops?! Haha :frown: Tesco is useful (obviously) as are Wilkinsons, Boots, and that Chinese supermarket...but everything else is a bit crap. I hate that New Look is the only clothing shop because I'm really really not a fan of their stuff. It's a bit of a depressing place tbh.

Leamington is the way forward!
Reply 6
georgia
Ew why do you want more icky shops?! Haha :frown: Tesco is useful (obviously) as are Wilkinsons, Boots, and that Chinese supermarket...but everything else is a bit crap. I hate that New Look is the only clothing shop because I'm really really not a fan of their stuff. It's a bit of a depressing place tbh.

Leamington is the way forward!

Well because they are great shops for people on a budget and then it will cover everything we need and it would make the place a lot more profitable. The only decent shops there are as you've said Tesco, Boots, Iceland and Wilkinsons. Yeh I would prefer another clothing shop, but erm what else to go in there? There's not much of a point in putting something as expensive as River Island or something there.
Reply 7
polaroid13
Well because they are great shops for people on a budget and then it will cover everything we need and it would make the place a lot more profitable. The only decent shops there are as you've said Tesco, Boots, Iceland and Wilkinsons. Yeh I would prefer another clothing shop, but erm what else to go in there? There's not much of a point in putting something as expensive as River Island or something there.

I'm sorry, but River Island is not expensive. You're right, however, that it wouldn't fit with what's there currently...especially if more bargain basement shops were added.
Reply 8
georgia
I'm sorry, but River Island is not expensive. You're right, however, that it wouldn't fit with what's there currently...especially if more bargain basement shops were added.

It is for me! :frown:

But yeh, my point is we need more trashy student friendly shops not redundant shops! :p:
I wouldn't use Cannon Park for my main shopping, just the odd times, when I need an emergency goods.

But what was wrong with Greggs or Subway? :frown:
Reply 9
polaroid13
But what was wrong with Greggs or Subway? :frown:

I'm not a fan of either, tbh...
Reply 10
georgia
I'm not a fan of either, tbh...

Oh, fair enough.

Btw how has your first year at Warwick been?
Reply 11
polaroid13
Oh, fair enough.

Btw how has your first year at Warwick been?

Yeah, not half bad! It's been up and down and roundabout and generally a bit manic, but overall pretty good. How about yours?
Reply 12
georgia
Yeah, not half bad! It's been up and down and roundabout and generally a bit manic, but overall pretty good. How about yours?

Yeh same tbh honest!
Took a while to adjust to be honest - esp to the course and independence I think.
My outlook on life has changed a lot since I've come to Warwick.
But it's all been for the better I think.
I'm lot more clued up about my life than before.

You got many exams coming up?
Reply 13
polaroid13
Yeh same tbh honest!
Took a while to adjust to be honest - esp to the course and independence I think.
My outlook on life has changed a lot since I've come to Warwick.
But it's all been for the better I think.
I'm lot more clued up about my life than before.

You got many exams coming up?

I think it's just reinforced many opinions I already held...along with teach me a couple of life lessons, I suppose. Independence was already there, and I don't think I've even fully adjusted to the course now! Haha, sigh.

I have seven. NOT looking forward to that wee lot, but I refuse to get too stressed over them. So long as I pass all the component exams and thus each module it'll be fine. You?
Reply 14
georgia
I think it's just reinforced many opinions I already held...along with teach me a couple of life lessons, I suppose. Independence was already there, and I don't think I've even fully adjusted to the course now! Haha, sigh.

I have seven. NOT looking forward to that wee lot, but I refuse to get too stressed over them. So long as I pass all the component exams and thus each module it'll be fine. You?

How is Italian? I'm also learning it at the Language Centre. Some days I love it, some days I loathe it lol. I like the language, I just guess its everything else about the lesson.

Do you go away in your 3rd year? Do you have a rough idea of where you would like to go?

Aw :hugs: good luck! That's cool - I'm alarmingly relaxed about exams despite not having done any decent work all year. :s-smilie:

Yeh I have 5. Not looking forward to the law ones.

What halls did you end up in?

x
Reply 15
polaroid13
How is Italian? I'm also learning it at the Language Centre. Some days I love it, some days I loathe it lol. I like the language, I just guess its everything else about the lesson.

Do you go away in your 3rd year? Do you have a rough idea of where you would like to go?

Aw :hugs: good luck! That's cool - I'm alarmingly relaxed about exams despite not having done any decent work all year. :s-smilie:

Yeh I have 5. Not looking forward to the law ones.

What halls did you end up in?

x

I like Italian much more than French. The Italian department itself is brilliant - all the lecturers (apart from one...grrrr...) are amazing and so helpful. French is a bit impersonal, I find - a shame, because I love the language but don't want to study it at uni beyond this year.

I'm actually away next year. The Italian department does things a little differently, haha. I'm going to Urbino in Le Marche region.

Good luck for your exams too :smile:

I ended up in Claycroft. You?
Reply 16
georgia
I like Italian much more than French. The Italian department itself is brilliant - all the lecturers (apart from one...grrrr...) are amazing and so helpful. French is a bit impersonal, I find - a shame, because I love the language but don't want to study it at uni beyond this year.

I'm actually away next year. The Italian department does things a little differently, haha. I'm going to Urbino in Le Marche region.

Good luck for your exams too :smile:

I ended up in Claycroft. You?

See thinking back to the good ol' school days, I think I may have preferred to have taken up French up for leisure rather than Italian.

Yeh my tutor is really nice - Anna - from Milan - short hair? I don't know if she is an actual lecturer.

Oh you go next year? That's so cool! Looking forward to it?

Thanks. Haha I ended up in Claycroft too!
Reply 17
polaroid13
See thinking back to the good ol' school days, I think I may have preferred to have taken up French up for leisure rather than Italian.

Yeh my tutor is really nice - Anna - from Milan - short hair? I don't know if she is an actual lecturer.

Oh you go next year? That's so cool! Looking forward to it?

Thanks. Haha I ended up in Claycroft too!

Both are beautiful languages though, so it's all good :smile:

I don't know her. She could well be an actual lecturer. I'm not sure how the Language Centre teaches...whether they have their own staff or not.

On the one hand yes, I can't wait. And on the other hand I don't want to leave everything I've established here! I feel quite settled a lot of the time.

Ooooh I totally might know you! Or might not, cos this place is big and I'm rubbish and don't know most people.
Reply 18
georgia
Both are beautiful languages though, so it's all good :smile:

I don't know her. She could well be an actual lecturer. I'm not sure how the Language Centre teaches...whether they have their own staff or not.

On the one hand yes, I can't wait. And on the other hand I don't want to leave everything I've established here! I feel quite settled a lot of the time.

Ooooh I totally might know you! Or might not, cos this place is big and I'm rubbish and don't know most people.

They are indeed, although all the masculinity and femininity and conjugating verbs drives me insane sometimes.
Hmm true, I think she may just be for the language centre only.
Aww it will be all good though - a holiday for a whole year! :p:
Haha we might know each other. Although having said that, I have no idea who lives in the flat to the right of me.
Reply 19
polaroid13
I mean its not very well catered for students or the general public in my opinion. What shops do you think should be in the Cannon Park shopping centre?
I suspect it does its job for the area. Why would any other high-street shops open up in such an out-of-the-way, modestly-sized location? If anybody in the local area wants something bigger/better, they probably just drive to Cov/Leam/Ricoh.

Latest