The Student Room Group

Help Me I Dont Know What To Do ! Please !

Ok, im in my last year of sixth form, i chose to do accounting but only got a place at Manchester Metropolitan. So know im considering resitting my A Levels as an external candidate and then re applying for biomedical or medicine. Anybody know if this is a good idea?

So far my qualifications are:

GCSE
Travel & Tourism Pass
Additional Science A
Design & Technology D
English A C
English Literature A C
Mathematics A
Science B
Statistics C
French A D
AAT Foundation (NVQ level 2) Pass

A Level

Biology
1st Unit D
2nd Unit D
3rd Unit A
4th Unit ??

Business Studies
1st Unit B
2nd Unit D
3rd Unit U
4th Unit ??

Chemistry
1st Unit E
2nd Unit U
Dropped During Second Year

Mathematics
C1 A
C2 U
C3 D
C4 ??
Stats E
Mech ??

This month ill be re-sitting:

Bio Unit 4
Business Unit 2,3
Maths C2,Stats

What im considering now is taking a year out and sitting exams as an external candidate then reapplying for biomedical sciences at manchester.

Anybody help me please? What should/shouldnt i do?
just retake then apply again.
I thought medicine has a time limit on how long you can complete your entire a level course (2 years) so retaking the year would put you out of that timeframe
Reply 3
TheProdigy2k9
just retake then apply again.

Thats what im thinking but im unsure :smile:
Pakistani
Thats what im thinking but im unsure :smile:

unsure why? lots of people retake the year.
Reply 5
I thought uni's didnt like resit applicants.
Reply 6
Anymore opinions
Reply 7
Hmmm....
Well, if you're really sure you can work your absolute hardest and get at least more As and A*s, I'm sure it will be OK. Bit concerned about your GCSE grades though... are you planning to retake those too? I guess part of it also depends on which University you want to apply to. If you're looking at the top ones, I doubt you stand a chance (harsh, but true...today's applicants are very competitive), however, I'm sure there will be others who don't mind resit students. Whatever you decide to do, stay focused and work hard.
Hope that helped:smile:
BackDoorEntry
I thought medicine has a time limit on how long you can complete your entire a level course (2 years) so retaking the year would put you out of that timeframe

meh people are got in while retaking the year, each med school is different
Reply 9
Pakistani
I thought uni's didnt like resit applicants.

most med schools are not keen on it. thoes that do take resit applicatnts would expect you to get AAA usually including bio and chem. look here
1) your chem results are poor. do you really think you could get an A in a year?
2) your GCSEs disqualify you from most med schools too. look here

if you are interested in medicine you should really apply through GEP after taking a science degree. you could do that this year (for grad med it doesnt matter what uni you do your 1st degree at as long as you get a good grade so if you are only retaking a year to get into a good uni then i personally think your wasting you time)by applying though clearing or next year after retaking.

what are your actual predicted/achived grades at Alevel? i dont understand this unit thing .lol.
For me, I guess part of it also depends on which University you want to apply to. If you're looking at the top ones, I doubt you stand a chance (harsh, but true...today's applicants are very competitive), however, I'm sure there will be others who don't mind resit students. Whatever you decide to do, stay focused and work hard.

Latest

Trending

Trending