The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

IzzieMac
Doesn't, does it? I'm not sure what to really expect though, whether Sociology at degree will be like Sociology at A level. Yeh, just Sociology for me. I'm from Chorley in Lancashire, I'll be quite impressed if you've actually heard of Chorley! It's just another crappy little market town. Weather wise I reckon Lancashire and Yorkshire are about the same? Pondering over clothes to take. Where're you from?

Yeahh I hope it is like A Level I enjoyed it. I know where it is (ish) its on the way to Blackpool!! I'm from Manchester. Yeah the weaher is just going to be the same, rain!

Have you got your accomdation sorted?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
Soc&Theo
Yeahh I hope it is like A Level I enjoyed it. I know where it is (ish) its on the way to Blackpool!! I'm from Manchester. Yeah the weaher is just going to be the same, rain!

Have you got your accomdation sorted?

Yeh, same. Can't be that different, surely! I think there're about 80 people on the Sociology course though , can't imagine lectures with 80 odd people. Where abouts in Manchester are you from? I say that like i know it, i don't really. I know the high street and the odd bit of Chorlton and that's it.

Nope, no word on accommodation yet. I really want to know! My first choice accom is North Hill court, so hope I get it, it's proper pretty. Large rooms and balconies :smile: Have you got yours sorted?
IzzieMac
Yeh, same. Can't be that different, surely! I think there're about 80 people on the Sociology course though , can't imagine lectures with 80 odd people. Where abouts in Manchester are you from? I say that like i know it, i don't really. I know the high street and the odd bit of Chorlton and that's it.

Nope, no word on accommodation yet. I really want to know! My first choice accom is North Hill court, so hope I get it, it's proper pretty. Large rooms and balconies :smile: Have you got yours sorted?

Yeahh it can't be that different, but with 80 people it will feel a bit strange!! Hm I'm from near the Trafford Centre.

Cool they sound nice!! :smile: Nope same as you, no word I've applied for Sentential Towers. I guess it just takes a bit of time. What A Levels did you do??
Name:charlotte
Course:BSc geological sciences
Required Grades/Actual Grades:BBB/AACC
Halls:clarence dock P3.15 :biggrin:
Comments!: so stoked! message me if your on the same course or in same halls/flat :biggrin: party times are ON! :biggrin:
Reply 44
Soc&Theo
Yeahh it can't be that different, but with 80 people it will feel a bit strange!! Hm I'm from near the Trafford Centre.

Cool they sound nice!! :smile: Nope same as you, no word I've applied for Sentential Towers. I guess it just takes a bit of time. What A Levels did you do??

Ohh, I didn't see Sentential Towers, what's it like? Hope it won't be too much longer before we hear where we're going.

Sociology, Politics, and History. History was an absolute nightmare, Sociology was my best subject by far. Which A Levels did you do?
Reply 45
Name:Alex
Course:BSc geophysics :smile:
Required Grades/Actual Grades:ABB/AABB
Halls:Not sure yet..maybe Opal 2

Definitely looking forward to Freshers week and the start of Uni :biggrin:
IzzieMac
Ohh, I didn't see Sentential Towers, what's it like? Hope it won't be too much longer before we hear where we're going.

Sociology, Politics, and History. History was an absolute nightmare, Sociology was my best subject by far. Which A Levels did you do?

Hmm it looks nice, but apparently it's full of postgrads, which it said when booking it but I thought it have some undergrads in to but no 1 has said anything about it. So I hope I don't get it lol. Yeahh I wanna know where I'm living lol!

They sound good A Levels!! I did Sociology, Theology & ICT.
Soc&Theo
Hmm it looks nice, but apparently it's full of postgrads, which it said when booking it but I thought it have some undergrads in to but no 1 has said anything about it. So I hope I don't get it lol. Yeahh I wanna know where I'm living lol!

Cancel with them go private and come concept with us muhahaha. Na you should be ok dude :smile:

Oh and I think you was talking about the weather, im no geographer but apparently the rain is less on this east side of the mountains, Leeds is sheltered by the mountains and hills from rain or summit so it does rain but statistically different to the rest of the north. :wink: Random interesting pointless point lol
Reply 48
Name: Vi
Course:Psychology
Required Grades/Actual Grades:AAB/AAB
Halls: Oxley :smile:

Anyone else?!
misterxninja
Cancel with them go private and come concept with us muhahaha. Na you should be ok dude :smile:

Oh and I think you was talking about the weather, im no geographer but apparently the rain is less on this east side of the mountains, Leeds is sheltered by the mountains and hills from rain or summit so it does rain but statistically different to the rest of the north. :wink: Random interesting pointless point lol

I have looked into that, I'm just going to wait and see what happens!! Lol the weather can't be any worse than Manchester!
Reply 50
Soc&Theo

Found out my accommodation today, Lupton. Could be worse, but it's no North Hill Court. Any word on yours? At least living with Postgrads you'll be able to get some sleep at night :smile: Bored but well rested :smile:
IzzieMac
Found out my accommodation today, Lupton. Could be worse, but it's no North Hill Court. Any word on yours? At least living with Postgrads you'll be able to get some sleep at night :smile: Bored but well rested :smile:

I'm VERY JEALOUS!! lol! Cool, you happy with it?? When do you move in?
Yeahh thats what I thought when I boooked it but now I'm not so sure. I might not even get it, have to wait and see.
Reply 52
Soc&Theo
I'm VERY JEALOUS!! lol! Cool, you happy with it?? When do you move in?
Yeahh thats what I thought when I boooked it but now I'm not so sure. I might not even get it, have to wait and see.

I was so excited when I found the email from Leeds, then slightly dissapointed, now back to being quite excited. It has been likened to a borstal, but really, the more I look at it the more I think it'll be alright. More than alright, even :smile: . Loaaads of people didn't get the accommodation they asked for, so you might not get the Towers. You'll find out soon, probably. When are you going to move in? I know you can move in on the 15th but there's a big rural irish wedding that might get a bit in the way, so I might end up moving in on the 19th. I don't want to be the last person to arrive!
IzzieMac
I was so excited when I found the email from Leeds, then slightly dissapointed, now back to being quite excited. It has been likened to a borstal, but really, the more I look at it the more I think it'll be alright. More than alright, even :smile: . Loaaads of people didn't get the accommodation they asked for, so you might not get the Towers. You'll find out soon, probably. When are you going to move in? I know you can move in on the 15th but there's a big rural irish wedding that might get a bit in the way, so I might end up moving in on the 19th. I don't want to be the last person to arrive!

I want the email :frown: lol. I'll google it and have a look where your staying!! Yeah I'll just have to wait and see I guess! Hmm I think im moving in on the 19th too! So you won't be the last one.
Name:Farah
Course:Medicine
Required Grades/Actual Grades:AAA
Halls: Sentinel Towers
Comments!: Hello m'dears :smile:
Reply 55
beccy387
Name: Beccy
Course: English Lang
Required Grades/Actual Grades: AAB/AAB
Halls: Montague Burton Block J

Name: Alice
Course: Environmental science
Required Grades/Actual Grades: AAA/AAA*
Halls: Montague Burton Block J too :smile: :smile:

What flat you in?
Hey everyone! :awesome:

Name: Emily
Course: Culture Studies
Required Grades/Actual Grades: AAA/AAA
Halls: Devonshire Hall, Block D
Comments!:
Anyone know what day we're meant to go down there to move in?
Reply 57
Soc&Theo
I want the email lol. I'll google it and have a look where your staying!! Yeah I'll just have to wait and see I guess! Hmm I think im moving in on the 19th too! So you won't be the last one?

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/luptonresidences/index.htm
Hope I won't be the last one, don't really want to walk in and try to make friends when they've all already been out together but heyy it's probably not the big deal that I'm making it out to be, coming a couple of days later.

Sweet_Comrade
Hey everyone! :awesome:

Name: Emily
Course: Culture Studies
Required Grades/Actual Grades: AAA/AAA
Halls: Devonshire Hall, Block D
Comments!:
Anyone know what day we're meant to go down there to move in?

It should say on your leeds accomodation email the date you can move in, I think it's different if you're catered/self catered, something like that. I think I'll be one of the last ones in on the 19th, if I could go earlier I would, but it probably doesn't really matter.
Reply 58
Name: Alice
Course: Diagnostic Radiography
Required Grades/Actual Grades: BCC/ABB
Halls: Montague Burton Block N
Comments!: Let me know if you're in the same block or you're doing the same course :smile:.
Reply 59
Name:Jenny
Course: Theatre and Performance
Required Grades/Actual Grades:AAB/BBB
Halls:Clarence Dock Block D :smile:

can't wait :biggrin: moving in the 15th cus i just cant wait to get outta here and over there!!
but im a tad concerned i wont get on with my flat mates or something? i get on with like everyone i know though so hopefully not lol.
oh and i hope people at leeds can partaayyyy :biggrin:

Latest