The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lifesgud
hi,

i do the ib and will have a predicted grade of about 41.
i want to apply to do natural science, what kind of backup choice is reasonable? is 34 points safe enough? please help

If you have a 41 predicted, I would say you should put a 35/6 as your backup. That leaves you a chance to muck up one point on each exam, not even including bonus points, although that seems to me like a massive gap. It also depends on how confident you are.
Reply 2
Stella476
If you have a 41 predicted, I would say you should put a 35/6 as your backup. That leaves you a chance to muck up one point on each exam, not even including bonus points, although that seems to me like a massive gap. It also depends on how confident you are.

thanks! i was just afraid if even my backup would reject me.. but im positive about my grades :smile:
Reply 3
lifesgud
thanks! i was just afraid if even my backup would reject me.. but im positive about my grades :smile:

Oh, then you might want to get even higher! Cos a 6 point gap allows for a lot of mistakes, but if you are confident you might want to go even higher to a 38 or so.
Reply 4
Stella476
Oh, then you might want to get even higher! Cos a 6 point gap allows for a lot of mistakes, but if you are confident you might want to go even higher to a 38 or so.

i see what you mean! im actually gonna rethink my choices now, thanks :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending