The Student Room Group

what are you taking?

Im a little stuck when it comes to what i need and what i dont!!! So far i have made a pile of stuff that i shall be taking, so far my pile will fit in a back pac excluding 2 suits and my laptop.

Ok so here is what i so far have on my "To Take List":
Laptop
2 suits and a couple of shirts and ties
2 pair of footy boots one studs other molds
Digital camera, so i can make little films and send them home to mummy!
Underwear and sock and shoes and trainers
a few cloths not loads!
My Bop costume!
My wash stuff
A back pack
A kettle, Maybe!
---End of List ----

Any other suggestions will be greatfully recieved

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A couple of sets of bedding. Usually college doesn't provide it, and even if it did - would you want to use it?
Reply 2
K'uin K'ra
A couple of sets of bedding. Usually college doesn't provide it, and even if it did - would you want to use it?

Is more then one set of bedding needed for an 8 week term??? Taking into account i wanna do as little washing as possible
Reply 3
gazzag
Is more then one set of bedding needed for an 8 week term??? Taking into account i wanna do as little washing as possible

It's a very good idea. It can get messy, not counting for accidents and whatnot (spillages, etc).

I was glad I brought a spare set of bedding when drunk Ben from down the corridor, staggered into my room (smelling of urine and vomit), muttered incoherently about lesbian activities of two of the girls on our corridor, then collapsed face down on my sheets.

We of course dragged him into the corridor by his feet after that... Then we woke him up and told him his exams start in ten minutes. It's dead funny to watch a drunk man try to do last minute revision for a fictional exam :biggrin:
Reply 4
Ethernet cable so you can get on the internet.
Posters, photos etc.
Reply 5
gazzag

My Bop costume!

you've got one already?!?
Uh oh. I suddenly feel very unprepared.
and as far as i knew New College supply and clean bedding stuff? Should i really bring more? *panic*
Reply 6
fairieboi
you've got one already?!?
Uh oh. I suddenly feel very unprepared.
and as far as i knew New College supply and clean bedding stuff? Should i really bring more? *panic*

Yeah, me mum started making it this morning, she's a dab hand at the sewing machine so shes making me a costume!! I couldnt think of anythink original thou so i have just decided to have a clown costume, with the baggy pants and the flower that squirts water

However i plan to fill the flower with vodka and squart that instead but if i do i will have to be carefull to get any in peoples eyes!! Its the first thing ill squirt that somebody may actually enjoy!!!
Reply 7
gazzag
...Its the first thing ill squirt that somebody may actually enjoy!!!

Haha. That's late night TSR for you all.

On a different note, does anyone know whether or not kettles are allowed at New College? I'm pretty sure they are (JCR book thing recommends bringing one), but the yellow rulebook thingy says that they're not allowed in 'bedrooms and living rooms'..?
Reply 8
fairieboi
Haha. That's late night TSR for you all.

On a different note, does anyone know whether or not kettles are allowed at New College? I'm pretty sure they are (JCR book thing recommends bringing one), but the yellow rulebook thingy says that they're not allowed in 'bedrooms and living rooms'..?

Well if we aint allowed to have one in our rooms and i decide to bring my kettle i hope they have a plug on the stairwell!!!!
Reply 9
gazzag
Well if we aint allowed to have one in our rooms and i decide to bring my kettle i hope they have a plug on the stairwell!!!!

mmmmm... or you could ask the porters due to your close proximity, heh.
i just hope my digital camera comes in time - at the moment it's somewhere between oxford and my house. perhaps.
Reply 10
fairieboi
mmmmm... or you could ask the porters due to your close proximity, heh.
i just hope my digital camera comes in time - at the moment it's somewhere between oxford and my house. perhaps.

Well if it dont you can always pop home and get it cos surely oxfordshire aint that big!
Reply 11
gazzag
Well if it dont you can always pop home and get it cos surely oxfordshire aint that big!

yeah i could do that quite easily, but i don't much fancy going home 2 days into freshers' week, much as i love my family.
what is everyone planning on bringing in terms of paper pens files etc?
Reply 12
fairieboi
what is everyone planning on bringing in terms of paper pens files etc?

I wasnt!!!! I was gonna get it all when i get there, whats the point in getting stuff up here when i can get the same things there, im assuming that essential items in places like wh shiths will have little if any price difference!
Reply 13
gazzag
I wasnt!!!! I was gonna get it all when i get there, whats the point in getting stuff up here when i can get the same things there, im assuming that essential items in places like wh shiths will have little if any price difference!

yeah but i'm more likely to be able to get my parents to pay for things if i'm still here than when i'm gone. :biggrin:
anyway. bed time. Iliad 9 to get through tomorrow.
Reply 14
fairieboi
yeah but i'm more likely to be able to get my parents to pay for things if i'm still here than when i'm gone. :biggrin:
anyway. bed time. Iliad 9 to get through tomorrow.

Good nigth, ill still be on for another couple of hours cos im just sad like that and live on 4 hours of sleep per night.
Reply 15
wow. something actually happening on TSR after 6 pm here.

I made a list and bought a bunch of stuff today. I wish my mother were home so she could be proud of me, but as it is, I'll pretend that y'all you all are.

I'm planning on bringing an alarm clock. I don't believe that was mentioned.
Reply 16
zoraster
wow. something actually happening on TSR after 6 pm here.

I made a list and bought a bunch of stuff today. I wish my mother were home so she could be proud of me, but as it is, I'll pretend that y'all you all are.

I'm planning on bringing an alarm clock. I don't believe that was mentioned.

Thats somethink that i forgot that i will defo need thanks!
Reply 17
I should be packing considering that I am leaving in, erm, about 7 hours. Help!
Reply 18
Im glad im not leaving today!

But then again summer has been so boring!

I been working like 70 hours a week during summer which made it fly, i left work nearly 2 weeks ago and its dragged like hell!
Reply 19
:eek: I Cannot believe how short your list is, i have loooooads of stuff packed to take! I mean i have 2 holdalls just for clothes!! :biggrin:
i might be starting to think i'm taking too much :redface:

Oooh i leave tomorrow, soooo exciting! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending