The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Yes, another have i got a chance thread!

Hey everyone,
ok i know your all probaly fed up of the 'have i got a chance' threads!
but i'm really worried:frown: i really really want to go kcl! im predicted AAA, and i want to do LAW, but the problem is i don't know if my subjects are right for it (even though there are no subject requirements),
im doin psychology, sociology and media, and i dropped a/s business which i got an A for. anyway i wasn't intending to do law at the begining of year 12 so i didn't take english/history (good subjects to have for law).
I also rang up kcl, they said my subjects are fine, but im still not to sure!
does any one know someone who has go into kcl for law without subjects like english/history?
Well if you spoke to the admissions tutor and they said it was OK then you have your answer - it will all come down to the individual strength of your personal statement and luck (and interview if they interview) if you are predicted AAA.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
xxnizxx
i really really want to go kcl! im predicted AAA, and i want to do LAW, but the problem is i don't know if my subjects are right for it (even though there are no subject requirements),
im doin psychology, sociology and media, and i dropped a/s business which i got an A for.

I also rang up kcl, they said my subjects are fine, but im still not to sure!

Talk about answering your own question... :smile:

Good luck,
J x
Reply 3
^ lol yeah but i've been talking to some friends, and they said uni's are bound to say my subjects are fine :s-smilie: so i wanted to ask some of u kcl students weather you know any one who has got in with subjects other than history/english!
Reply 4
I honestly wouldn't worry, your application is very strong.
^ "I honestly wouldn't worry" You, not worry...? Pfffft!

Niz,

sure you have the grades, but let's make sure that it's impossible for you to screw up at interview.

You can try convincing others that a certain degree course may be for you and spend ages worrying about the exact wording of your personal statement OR you can sort it out for yourself to know, to unconditionally believe - so YOU know. Do that and the rest becomes easy.

Think and talk with mates, parents and teachers about HOW you could have greatness with your chosen career - the key with almost any job is to fit in with the formalities yet stand out, really stand out, with what drives you and the areas you're especially keen on - get browsing those "criminal/eu/property/civil/etc law in a nutshell" books or similar titles.

- why would you be an asset to a university, then a law school; how do you become one
- what would you have to do during your future time at university to make all the department know of you through results and character
- alternatively, just get mummy or daddy to ring their friends, but myself and most of my friends prefer the hard graft route.. yes its more "work", but its scenic and fun, way more fun than anything else by the time you continuously making and meeting challenges.

Prove to yourself that learning about and practicing law makes you happy and you won't need the spoonfeeding that top schools and forums like these give. Stand tall above the crowd. Do it.
Reply 6
^ thanx for that,
i don't think any of the uni's im applying to do interviews except ucl.
im preety sure kings don't interview?
my brothers studying law aswell, hes in first year, so i have been browsing through his books, and i started to read 'learning the law'
I'm did English lit, History, Physics, Spanish, French and Maths for alevel and I'm doing Law at King's now. Does that help you in anyway? :confused:

And my neighbour did Sociology, Psycology and English for A-level and got in too.

Latest