The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Truered
Ah thanks, been worrying about virus and the like recently, so suddenly started to worry about updates getting corrupted on their end :colondollar:

On a more sensible topic, MGS: GZ is starting to annoy me, I don't mind short, try different method games, but I'm still waiting on it to drop to £10. Luckily I have a lot of other games to play, buying a console right at the end of its generation means lots o' cheap games :colone:

Might try The Darkness 2 soon.

I have a copy of Darkness 2 I'm trying to flog if you're interested?
What PS4 games that are out right now are worth spending money on?

I've already played Ghosts, BF4, Need for Speed, Killzone, and The Last of Us (best IMO).

Oh and my Internet's pretty bad so I can't just play online :frown:
Original post by Cerdic

I've already played Ghosts, BF4, Need for Speed, Killzone, and The Last of Us (best IMO).

AC4, inFAMOUS and Watch Dogs.
Original post by Cerdic

Original post by NathanW18

Plus Rayman Legends, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Tomb Raider. Are downloadable-only releases of interest?

Original post by Illusionary
Plus Rayman Legends, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Tomb Raider. Are downloadable-only releases of interest?

Certainly give Assassins Creed IV a go then. I'd forgotten that existed.

Also didn't Watch Dogs get bad reviews?

If I have time before the AAAs come out, then I'll give Rayman Legends a shot, then maybe Tomb Raider. I'll have to be careful not to run out of money! And storage space...

Yeah, those games, too. Child of Light is worth downloading if you like old school RPG's as well.

Original post by Cerdic
Certainly give Assassins Creed IV a go then. I'd forgotten that existed.

If I have time before the AAAs come out, then I'll give Rayman Legends a shot, then maybe Tomb Raider. I'll have to be careful not to run out of money! And storage space...

No, the reviews were pretty good. It has an 80 Metacritic score on PS4. There were people that were disappointed with the game, but they were mainly PC players and people that were annoyed at the game not looking like its 2012 reveal demo. It think it's a good game, but you should watch some gameplay if you're unsure.
Original post by Cerdic

Reviews aren't everything - it's very much a good game, especially so after the patch from last week. In any case, an 80 Metacritic average isn't at all bad: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/watch-dogs :smile:
Original post by noggins
I have a copy of Darkness 2 I'm trying to flog if you're interested?

I have a copy, games tend to sit on my shelf for a while, I'm always looking for cheap games, so have quite the backlog :smile:

~

Not including Nintendo/budget games, GTA IV was the last game I bought at full price/a week after release :colondollar:
Yeah, those games, too. Child of Light is worth downloading if you like old school RPG's as well.

No, the reviews were pretty good. It has an 80 Metacritic score on PS4. There were people that were disappointed with the game, but they were mainly PC players and people that were annoyed at the game not looking like its 2012 reveal demo. It think it's a good game, but you should watch some gameplay if you're unsure.

Reviews aren't everything - it's very much a good game, especially so after the patch from last week. In any case, an 80 Metacritic average isn't at all bad: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/watch-dogs :smile:

Maybe I should give it a chance then. At least the price has come down now.
I think with Watchdogs, people were just disappointed it didn't live up to the hype. After watching some walkthroughs/letsplays I have to agree, but I'll still pick it up on the cheap once I have my PS4 and get bored of Destiny.
I feel like there has been a massive amount of hyperbole surrounding the game. People desperately wanted to see the game fail as soon as the delay hit. When the new trailers within 6 months of release came out, people started to hate on the game pretty badly.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/27/ps-plus-september-velocity-2x-sportsfriends-joe-danger-ps-vita/

Now that PS Plus is mandatory for online play, I'm not really expecting it to pick up in future months. RIP Instant Game Collection. :colonhash:
Original post by AugustWestie
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/27/ps-plus-september-velocity-2x-sportsfriends-joe-danger-ps-vita/

Now that PS Plus is mandatory for online play, I'm not really expecting it to pick up in future months. RIP Instant Game Collection. :colonhash:

Meh. At least I don't have to clear any space on my hard drive for at least another month...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone wana add me Don_Number_1

DAM I miss GTA 4 & MW2 days
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone know where I can get a good PS4 deal? Interested in the Last of Us and Diablo, not so much on destiny right now.
Reply 9755
Does anyone know if the walking dead will be coming to ps4 anytime soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9756
Season 2 that is^

Posted from TSR Mobile

:teeth:
ASDA finally had Terraria in stock. I do enjoy Minecraft, but I always get lost when exploring- hopefully 2D will help me out :yes:

Before I open it, it does have an offline mode right? As I said, I don't have PSN, google just keeps bringing up PC results...
Reply 9759
Minecraft does have an offline mode :smile:

Latest