The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Needless to say I was terrible at Physics and thought it would be good to to it for GCSE... The exam was so hard (due to no revision from me-I REALLY hated it), that I stared at the paper, flicked through the pages to find ONE question that made sense. Finding none, I thought: "Screw it. I'm going to have fun." So I answered the whole exam paper with witty answers.

I got a D, but I really think I deserved at least an A. Because some of the stuff I wrote was funny. :biggrin:
Seeing a 7 mark question and completely forgetting how to do that kind of question. I stared at it blankly for a good ten minutes and then gave up.

Also, sneezed several times in that Maths exam and it sounded like a gun had gone off in the hall. :lol:
My calculator stopped working during the calculator paper in maths, and I started panicking like crap -_-
Opening a paper and cursing all those hours I wasted on TSR, when I should have been revising :wink:
Original post by questionandanswer
Coming out of an exam thinking you've got at least 90%, them coming on TSR, and having your hopes shattered when you see an unofficial markscheme

This. Or thinking you've done quite badly anyway and then seeing the marking scheme and realising you completely messed it up.
Reply 45
Opening the english lit AS paper to find a poem that I swear to god i'd never seen in my life. I was cringing as I was writing the essay..soo bad. Also stomach rumbling very loudly..spent half my french exam clenching my tummy muscles to try and get it to shut up.
Throwing up during a Maths exam. Ended up with an A* - so win!
I once fell asleep in my R.E/R.S exam, when the invigilator woke me up, the room was empty and everyone had left. From the position I'd fallen asleep, my foot had managed to go numb, so to make the entire situation even more embarrassing, when I tried to stand up, I failed to do so, and fell back down :/
Reply 48
I just let out like the largest fart ever during an English exam last year. I left pretty quickly after the exam I'll tell ya. :smile:

Oh and in our RE exam, one of the "gangsters" fell off their chair, because they'd been swinging on it and then knocked themselves out on the desk behind them :L
Original post by venenecinema
English language is incredibly easy, lit isn't so easy

It think that its the other way around. Language is hard but Literature is easy. Because you dont have to study and analyse EVERY single word and work out whether is is a mataphor or similie you know?

But that's just my opinion =D
Reply 50
Original post by My name is URL
When is it fun even if you're not in an exam?! :colonhash:

True :biggrin:.
Reply 51
In my business exam I felt like i was doing well so gave myself little 'breaks' between writing. Totally lost track of time and was still sitting trying to finish off my paper when everyone had left (thanks invigilator). Still got an A but Never again!!

This year in maths i had changed my calc to radians for a later question, went back to check over a question in degrees at the start and somehow got 0.7 degrees instead of 40something. It did not dawn upon me that 0.7 was a ridiculous angle size until i had scribbled out all my working. Luckily had enough time to rectify it.

Another one was when a little yappy dog was outside in one of the houses behind our exam hall - barked through the entire higher english paper last year. Could have killed it.

*facepalm*
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
How the hell did you get A's in English exams?

Haha, I know....the answers to the questions I actually answered must have been awesome lol

plus I got 94% in my coursework, so I guess that really helped me out
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Background noises really frustrate me.
In my AS History last Tuesday the builders decided now was a good moment to start bashing a piece of metal to smithereens right outside the exam hall, and then finally stopped when the invigilator told us to stop.
People clicking the bones in their fingers really annoys me, and in a mock once, the bored teacher invigilated us stood next to me watching me write whilst jangling the keys in his pocket!!!

Oh and my friend had a nosebleed once, and in the same exam the bored candidates at the back of the room started having a mini water-fight apparently- I was sat at the front so can't confirm this!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by somebodytoldmexo
Invigilators who force you to put your pen down regardless of whether you're in the middle of a sentence

I think they should give us a one minute warning so we can wind up, at that stage of the exam people are so rushed and panicked

The last word I wrote in my AS History exam on Tuesday was "because"...

In one of my exams last year, I was writing on one of those extra pieces of paper. I finished what I was writing and the invigilator said "pens down" so I put it down and then realized I never wrote my info at the top of the extra page I used, so I started writing it in and all of a sudden I hear a loud scream and she was screaming "I said put your pens down". I carried on writing she walked over to me takes my pen off me and slams it on the desk and then I asked her can I finish writing my details in, and she said "Oh sorry" and went all red. I felt like screaming back at the crazy woman.
Reply 55
- year 9 SATs i was umm just chilling next to the radiator and stretch out my arm feeling good about the exam. Suddenly two very miniscule black spiders come out from under my sleeve ><

i had a spaz attack knocking everythhing off my table as i frantically wiggled my arm about...from afar it probably looked like i was attempting to do the macarina at a very fast speed.

-fell asleep in my R.E exam after about 10mins into it...i was snoring apparently. got a D for it XP target was an A

__

LMFAO @ above!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AlesanaWill
Realising your calculator was in radians for the whole time when it should've been in degrees.

Not in an exam, but in my maths set, it's a common thing for people to, during classwork, take someone's calculator while they're not looking and switch it to gradian mode (known as 'graping'), ending up with answers which are wrong but not wrong enough to appear off (as 100 gradians is 90 degrees) - I have the good sense to tactically sit with certain people so to avoid this terrible fate :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Jizzed in my pants :wink::wink::wink:
Reply 58
overslept gcse biology n missed it
I somehow managed to get a paper cut after the first ten minutes of my first AS History exam right where I rest my hand to write. Rather than asking for a tissue or plaster I instead panicked, just kept writing and ended up covering my entire exam paper in blood! Also because of the pain my handwriting (which is usually quite neat) became atrocious! Bad times :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest