The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Having a desk that made the most horrendous screeching noise everytime you applied any kind of pressure... Like to write with your pen... new line *SCREEEEEEEEEECH* full stop *SCREEEEEEEEEECH*

There was this mass hatred burning into me because everyone thought it was on purpose. Invigilator told me I couldn't move and would have to make do...
Reply 121
Original post by The Patriot
Kid in my year peed himself..... In a mock exam... and sat in it.

:eek:
Reply 122
Original post by The Patriot
Kid in my year peed himself..... In a mock exam... and sat in it.

Guess its a slightly better situation to be in than Will from The Inbetweeners in his exam.
Reply 123
Not being able to finish my S1 exam because I couldn't do the questions.. Got a B somehow, so happy days ^_^
Reply 124
Finding out at the end of my GCSE Spanish oral exam that the cassette player hadn't been recording . . . :facepalm:
in my GSCE english exam, i was going to faint and felt really sick, so i told them i'm not finishing the exam. luckily it was a re-take and i didnt want to be entered in the first place but the teachers decided i should have. i got an A anyway :smile:
Reply 126
I forgot my calculators for a third year engineering exam. Had to do the paper without them.
Reply 127
This happened during our mocks. We kept our bags to the side, and my phone was inside. I'd switched it off, but it switches on if there's an alarm set. I forgot to turn off the alarm, so it started ringing. Worst.Five.Minutes.Of.My.Life. At first, I wasn't sure if it was my phone, but then I realized it is as I put two and two together. The teachers took my bag out of the exam. Thankfully, they understood it was an honest mistake. Well, I always make sure my alarm is off now.
Reply 128
Going prepared for the wrong subject and when my question paper was given out I realized I was soo screwed :mad:
Original post by kingkev
I forgot my calculators for a third year engineering exam. Had to do the paper without them.

How is that even possible?
Reply 130
Original post by NaturalDisaster
This. Or thinking you've done quite badly anyway and then seeing the marking scheme and realising you completely messed it up.

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
i farted during my maths exam and it was so loud and squeeky.....
Reply 132
Doing the wrong section and realising half way through :emo:
When you can't find your seat....and everyone else is all sat down waiting for you....and then you see it on the other side of the room and you have that walk of shame past everyone sat down. That happened to me in my GCSE's in the massive sportshall.

Another time....I felt terrible......but I came to my exam. I sat there in the boiling heat, feeling really dizzy and ill. My eyes were watering and I had the sniffle.........i have no idea what was wrong with me, maybe the flu and hayfever at the same time or something mad.......I didn't do very well in that exam. i remember just sitting there thinking..."I just want to go home!"
In my A2 Art exam, I hadn't finished the piece by the end. It was a lifesize portrait in black pen on white paper, so it was really noticeable...

Yeah, so the teacher called out that it was finished, asd I hurriedly filled in about an A5 section with black ink... My headteacher was about 5 feet away that the time, looking the other way...

Very stressful.
Reply 135
Your ear popping during the exam, bursting into tears because of the immense pain and being taking out of the hall by the invigiliator... :/
Original post by Benevolence
Sitting behind two year 11's. One, the girl, taps her shoes at an inhumanly fast rate. The other, the boy, decides that when he has finished 20 minutes early on his foundation teired paper, he will play his chest and the chair like bongo drums.

Wow.

I would have set an invigilator on the mofos!:colone::colone::colone::colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 137
I continually had the urge to spank the fit invigilator's ass whenever she walked past.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 138
Original post by tehforum
How is that even possible?

I don't even know how I did that, such a :facepalm2: moment. What makes it worse is that I'm the guy who leaves a back up calc in my bag and couldn't find it. Also it was the last exam of the year. Still no harm done...78% achieved.
Reply 139
The invigilator fell off his chair. He was a physics teacher so there were a LOT of gravity jokes...

Quick Reply

Latest